Las Vegas-Disneyland-Memphis & More!!!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picking up the tickets at North Island and have our room ressies at Grand Californian...

I see how you are planning on getting your post count up.  Post one picture at a time.     Shameless.     Your DD is a cutie pie, by the way.  

Pretty sure that can be said about all fiend men...

Ok Saturday night we grilled out and my. DD helped as usual, she's a big help in the kitchen and I love when she helps it's our special thing. DW cleaned of our deck and outside dining table and we enjoyed a great family dinner. And of course Sundays family church day so I'm sorry to make y'all wait for an update.

We left of having lunch at the Mad Greek Cafe and when we finished we headed to Barstow. We checked into our hotel, changed and went to mom's house to surprise her. And boy did we. My brother distracted her while we joined the party in the backyard. She walked outside and we were sitting there. She was so surprised. We DW caught her expression.

That's my Mom, older sister all the way to the left, my niece next to her, and one of my baby brothers on the right. I love her expression.

image_zps7268b573.jpg

Here's a picture of mom with our DS and DD right after the surprise.

image_zpsdf5f6e11.jpg

My mom hates to smile in pictures. I don't know why but it's weird. Lol.

We had a wonderful time and there was tons of food. Sorry I didn't do that great at taking pictures of the food. But it was awesome. I did get a few. Here an little snack of cucumbers with a little chili powder sprinkled on it. Simple but refreshing and delicious. And a great German wheat bock beer.

image_zpse92b9802.jpg

Here's what was on the grill. They call it Ranchero Steak. It looked like a whole flank steak. It was delicious and went great with some tomatillo salsa and tortillas.

image_zps4c5e2bbc.jpg

If your not a carnivore you might not want to look at the next picture. This is what I had for dinner. I think there were side dishes but I ate meat and tortillas only. And a whole lot of meat.

image_zps5323243b.jpg

I'm not going to make you look at all the pictures of moms b-day but just a few of my favorites.

Mom, family, and some of her friends. I always think my family looks like the main hall at the United Nations. We have such a diverse family. I love it and I'm so glad our kids get to have blood family members from so many different ethnic groups.

I wish Lou read TRs. My aunt, dad's sister was there and I asked her to write down as much family history as she could remember. As it turns out my great grandmother (Puerto Rican dad's grandmother) is from the Canary Islands. She couldn't remember her maiden name but she thought it was Cotto or that was her married name. I love my aunt but she does sometimes get the facts mixed up. Long story short. Lou might be my distant cousin. Lol

image_zpscea398aa.jpg

See the guy behind the stainless steel table? That's actually a flat top grill. Normally one of us boys grills out, but we hired this guy to cook for us so we could just enjoy each other's company. Here's a close up.

image_zps7ed515fc.jpg

He made several home made salsas and what most of you might know as "taco truck" tacos. It was some of the best authentic Mexican food I've had in a while.

My DD got to go swimming with a whole bunch of her California cousins.

image_zps9ecc622d.jpg

One last picture of my beautiful mom and beautiful DW.

image_zps9f5d1397.jpg

We stayed two nights and had a great time. On Monday we met mom and 3 of our nieces for breakfast before we left and drove to DTD at Disneyland.

Those photos of the steaks had me drooling... What a great party...

Let me tell you about those steaks. They were made by my lil brothers friends. He's 1/2 Syrian and half Argentinian. He marinated them in port wine and fresh herbs. You could cut it with a plastic fork.

Mmmm, love chicken and waffles.

I'd love to find that German beer.....I really like a good bock.  

Love that you surprised your Mom.  That's a lifetime memory for all involved.  

I love taco trucks.  To have it in your backyard would be awesome.  

Looking forward to Disneyland pics.  We actually might be going there summer 2015, so I'm really paying attention.  

Mmmm, love chicken and waffles.

I'd love to find that German beer.....I really like a good bock.

Love that you surprised your Mom. That's a lifetime memory for all involved.

I love taco trucks. To have it in your backyard would be awesome.

Looking forward to Disneyland pics. We actually might be going there summer 2015, so I'm really paying attention.

Pix from Disneyland coming up. You might be a little disappointed. But I hope not.