Pressure Regulator Necessary at Fort

If you are not worried about the water pipes inside you camper breaking it is not needed. My parents have seen people with water running out of their camper, not pretty nor cheap. Probably good to use one everywhere. Along with a electric device to protect you from low voltage (which makes the magic smoke come out of fancy electrical devices (think TVs/cell phones/computers).

ONe further note:  I attach mine to the faucet end of the hose.  At a campground many years ago the pressure was so high it split my (admitedly old) hose.

And I have had the regulator break, so I carry a spare.  Cheap insurance, avail at walmart.

Another recommendation I have....and I forget myself to do this at times....is to shut the water off at the spigot when you are going to be away from the camper for a while.  When leaving for the parks or for some touring, I try to remember to do that.  Better safe than sorry.  Those RV pipes and fixtures are not built as well as the ones at home.  One burst pipe, fitting or fixture and you will come home to a big mess. 

Another recommendation I have....and I forget myself to do this at times....is to shut the water off at the spigot when you are going to be away from the camper for a while.  When leaving for the parks or for some touring, I try to remember to do that.  Better safe than sorry.  Those RV pipes and fixtures are not built as well as the ones at home.  One burst pipe, fitting or fixture and you will come home to a big mess. 

Excellent tip, which I think you shared before, as this is something that I also try to remember to do now, too.  It only takes a minute to turn the water on when you need it.

TCD

I have seen poorly constructed hoses burst around the fitting and while it isn't in the camper it can create a big mess.  Turning of the spigot when you are gone is very important.  I want to kick myself when I return to the camper and realize I forgot to do it.

This is the best regulator to use. It will give maximum water flow unlike the cheap ones that have a very small port for the water to pass through.

881449_silo.jpg

It can be bought from Tweetys.com for $63.80. It is cost a bit more than the cheap ones but it works so much better.

This is the best regulator to use. It will give maximum water flow unlike the cheap ones that have a very small port for the water to pass through.

881449_silo.jpg

It can be bought from Tweetys.com for $63.80. It is cost a bit more than the cheap ones but it works so much better.

Looks like that one is currently $52.14 at Camping World:  http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/adjustable-water-regulator-lead-free/49511

QUESTION:  I read through the owner's manual for our camper (2006 model) and could not find any information on the PSI.  How do I find out what is a safe PSI?

881449_silo.jpg

l$49.99 at amazon

The last time I checked the water pressure in the 700 loop it was over 90psi.

My camper was ok but my drinking water hose had swollen to over 3" in diameter in the heat of the day. I had to go to wally world to get new hose and regulator. I found out those cheep ones suck, very little flow.  I now have the Adjustable high flow valterra 

Get a high flow one unless you like Showers with little water flow. If you watch a gauge with the cheep ones it will read 40psi until you turn on the flow then will drop to less than 20 psi The good ones will maintain the higher pressure. 

Looks like that one is currently $52.14 at Camping World:  http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/adjustable-water-regulator-lead-free/49511

QUESTION:  I read through the owner's manual for our camper (2006 model) and could not find any information on the PSI.  How do I find out what is a safe PSI?

Mine is a 2006 it held the 90 psi

RV 101 water pressure regulators  ----    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdkYluhlMMI

Spend the extra money, go to Home Depot, Lowes, Menards or such, get a 3/4" whole house pressure regulator along with a male hose thread to pipe thread and a female hose thread to pipe thread brass fitting and make you own. They are pre-set at 50-55 lbs and will give you full flow.

If you've got a big trailer and use the bathroom, shower, and all that, I can see where you would want a fancy regulator. Since my water only runs to the sink faucet, my little pressure regulator that my dealer gave me when I bought the trailer works just fine. Other folks with popups and small trailers will probably find the simple one just fine also.

If you've got a big trailer and use the bathroom, shower, and all that, I can see where you would want a fancy regulator. Since my water only runs to the sink faucet, my little pressure regulator that my dealer gave me when I bought the trailer works just fine. Other folks with popups and small trailers will probably find the simple one just fine also.

I was thinking about that as well. I have one line that goes straight to a bathroom style faucet at the sink. Just need it to fill a pot and wash dishes. Plus pretty much all the plumbing lines to it have been replaced with home quality hoses and fittings because I just go to Home Depot to get what i need. 

l$49.99 at amazon

The last time I checked the water pressure in the 700 loop it was over 90psi.

My camper was ok but my drinking water hose had swollen to over 3" in diameter in the heat of the day. I had to go to wally world to get new hose and regulator. I found out those cheep ones suck, very little flow.  I now have the Adjustable high flow valterra 

Get a high flow one unless you like Showers with little water flow. If you watch a gauge with the cheep ones it will read 40psi until you turn on the flow then will drop to less than 20 psi The good ones will maintain the higher pressure. 

Thanks for the tip, Jeff.  I have the pre-set brass regulator and I hate the low pressure, but always dealt with it vs a ruptured line.

I need to invest in a quality adjustable one.

Jeff

Mine is a 2006 it held the 90 psi

RV 101 water pressure regulators  ----    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdkYluhlMMI

Thank you.  I checked the hose that came with the trailer this weekend (we just purchased a used camper about 8 weeks ago) and, turns out, it already had a pressure regulator attached  :)   It's for lower pressure, so we may switch it out if the current one doesn't now allow for enough flow.

Another question from a novice. Do I need to be equipped with multiple sizes? Are the spigots different sizes around the country etc? I mean bought regulator that's 5/8. Just realized hose is 1/2 in (don't judge :)). Not the sharpest tool sometimes. Thanks