My husband is talking about buying an older camper and refurbishing it.  He doesn't want to deal with having a toilet in the camper, so he would just remove all that.

He is wondering, if we had a camper that didn't need a sewer hook-up, would WDW let us have a tent/pop-up site  or would we have to pay for a Full site?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Size matters, that's all I'm saying

It

When we had the PUP that now belongs to Jason, we usually stayed partial. We had the city water hook up for the sink, but just used it to rinse hands, or kids brush their teeth late at night. It just

Who knows?

The official policy is that the partial loops will not accommodate travel trailers or motorhomes, but I've seen both in the partial loops.

And if you reserve a partial site, don't get your hopes up that you'll be in 1500.  The word is out, and everyone requests that loop, so it's hard to get.  You are much more likely to be in 2000. Then, you'll be wishing you had reserved a full or preferred site.

TCD

And if you reserve a partial site, don't get your hopes up that you'll be in 1500.  The word is out, and everyone requests that loop, so it's hard to get.  You are much more likely to be in 2000. Then, you'll be wishing you had reserved a full or preferred site.

Well....that depends.   Marty, do you speak Spanish? 

The above comment was simply meant to be a satirical commentary on the current trend of large, Hispanic groups camping on the 2000 loop on weekends and was not at all intended to be construed as a racist, xenophobic comment.  Please do not report me to the Department of Justice.  And please, don't tase me, bro.  Thank you for your understanding in this matter. 

Who knows?

The official policy is that the partial loops will not accommodate travel trailers or motorhomes, but I've seen both in the partial loops.

TCD

The thing is, we can't afford a full site.  If we go, it will be on an extremely tight budget.  So if I show up at check-in trailing a camper that obviously is not a pop-up to check-in to a partial site, will they turn me away or what?

(I bet the answer is that it depends on who is checking me in and what kind of day they have had, but I was hoping someone here had experience with this and could give me an idea.)

The thing is, we can't afford a full site.  If we go, it will be on an extremely tight budget.  So if I show up at check-in trailing a camper that obviously is not a pop-up to check-in to a partial site, will they turn me away or what?

(I bet the answer is that it depends on who is checking me in and what kind of day they have had, but I was hoping someone here had experience with this and could give me an idea.)

When you get there, park the rig in the overflow lot, and walk inside to check in.

The college kid who checks you in won't know what you're towing then.  I'm sure that's how the other people who bent the rules must have done it.

But, since you are bending the rules, and since the Fort management is notoriously inconsistent with rule enforcement, what happens if you are told you can't park your travel trailer on a partial site, which is what the rules say?

That wouldn't be so magical.

Since I have a pop-up, I don't have any personal experience with trying to sneak a travel trailer onto a partial site.  I don't know of any Fiends who have.

TCD

But, since you are bending the rules, and since the Fort management is notoriously inconsistent with rule enforcement, what happens if you are told you can't park your travel trailer on a partial site, which is what the rules say?

See, this is my thought.  Also, I really am not much of a rule bender.

See, this is my thought.  Also, I really am not much of a rule bender.

Well, then you've got a problem.  Putting a travel trailer on a partial site is more than bending a rule.  It's breaking one.

For whatever reason, they don't put the site restrictions online anymore, but if you call Disney and ask, the flunky who answers the phone in New Jersey will read that off of his screen for you.

TCD

Well, then you've got a problem.  Putting a travel trailer on a partial site is more than bending a rule.  It's breaking one.

For whatever reason, they don't put the site restrictions online anymore, but if you call Disney and ask, the flunky who answers the phone in New Jersey will read that off of his screen for you.

TCD

It does have the listing on the TA side which is I imagine almost exactly what the people on the phone see when booking. Do you have AAA Marty? If available a Full with AAA is almost the same price as a Partial. 

I tried finding some information on the Recreational Vehicle Industry Association website that gives definitions of the various types of RVs, in the hopes that a travel trailer without a functioning bathroom would not by definition be considered a travel trailer.  I thought that maybe, in the worst case of them denying you a site, you could point to the industry's standards making body, the RVIA, in arguing that your trailer is not, in fact, a travel trailer and accordingly has a right to be on a partial site.  I didn't find anything helpful.  Sorry. 

TCD

Off The HUB.

Campsite includes: water, cable, electricity, and Internet access (HSIA). Campsite sizes vary in length and width and are used for tents, pop-up and van camper-type vehicles. Motorhomes and travel trailers CAN NOT be accommodated in a Tent/Pop-up campsite.

1 Pop-up or van camper-type vehicle plus one tent, sleeps a maximum of 10 Guests.

or

2 tents, sleeps a maximum of 10 Guests

And this is the wording in the booking engine. 

This campsite category is restricted to tents and vans or pop-up type vehicles only. Motorhomes and fifth-wheels cannot be accomodated in this category. For those and other types of RVs, please select one of our other well-appointed campsite categories. 

The following equipment is best suited to our Tent Pop/Up Campsites:

• Truck/Van Camper
  • Truck/Van Camper with Additional Tents
  • Pop Up Camper
  • Pop Up Camper with Additional Tents
  • Tents

Off The HUB.

Campsite includes: water, cable, electricity, and Internet access (HSIA). Campsite sizes vary in length and width and are used for tents, pop-up and van camper-type vehicles. Motorhomes and travel trailers CAN NOT be accommodated in a Tent/Pop-up campsite.

1 Pop-up or van camper-type vehicle plus one tent, sleeps a maximum of 10 Guests.

or

2 tents, sleeps a maximum of 10 Guests

And this is the wording in the booking engine. 

This campsite category is restricted to tents and vans or pop-up type vehicles only. Motorhomes and fifth-wheels cannot be accomodated in this category. For those and other types of RVs, please select one of our other well-appointed campsite categories. 

The following equipment is best suited to our Tent Pop/Up Campsites:

• Truck/Van Camper
  • Truck/Van Camper with Additional Tents
  • Pop Up Camper
  • Pop Up Camper with Additional Tents
  • Tents

That is what the flunky in New Jersey would have on his screen too.

They used to include similar verbiage on the Disney website available to the general public, as well as the pet rules.  But, this information is no longer on that site.

A guest who is confused by the site and books herself and shows up with a travel trailer to put in a partial site may have to be accommodated, as Disney contributed to the error.

Are you following me, Marty?

TCD

Marty,

You say no toilet, but will you have other water sources in there?...sink, shower?  If so, you would need some way to dispose of that waste water without a sewer connection.  I'm not sure why you don't want a toilet, especially with you family size.  We would be lost without ours.  But if that's your choice, so be it.  I guess there might be a better use for the space, depending on the size of the unit you rebuild.  At any rate, enjoy the project and certainly enjoy using it when it is ready.  I always wanted to do a refurbish job (back when I was younger and energetic). Last year I followed a Mark Polk job on the internet where he completely rebuilt an old TT.  Completely modernized and beautiful when he finished.  Best of luck and you MUST post progress on the Fiends board.

I have a bathroom in the Outback, but I just use a nearby tree. My bathroom is like new.

Maybe we should stop trying to get you to Gettysburg. Lol

Why? Don't they have trees there?