Gone Sailing

So a regular veranda room would be $300 a night?  So out of my price range for a cruise!  I don't think I've ever paid more than $800 for a 7-night veranda room.  Maybe I'm out of touch with reality.

It's closer to $350.

Disney cruises, just like their resorts, are very expensive. That's just how it is.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can the Fantasy pull along side the Wonder so we can change ships?? :rofl3:

Jet packs

Did someone say time travel?!?!   :drwho-smiley:

So a regular veranda room would be $300 a night?  So out of my price range for a cruise!  I don't think I've ever paid more than $800 for a 7-night veranda room.  Maybe I'm out of touch with reality.

It's closer to $350.

Disney cruises, just like their resorts, are very expensive. That's just how it is.

I also think cruises as a whole have gone up in price. That $800 for 7 nights in a veranda room is now more like $800 for 5 nights Oceanview, at least on RCCL.

It's closer to $350.

True, but in our opinion well worth it and all you have to do is look at the cruise ratings when it comes to overall customer satisfaction.

True, but in our opinion well worth it and all you have to do is look at the cruise ratings when it comes to overall customer satisfaction.

I've only been on two cruises, RCCL and DCL, and there was definitely a difference.

Based on that, DCL has set the standard that I will judge all others by.

That's nowhere near a reason not to go. 18 years old, come on?

Go to college, or get a job, see ya.

To be honest he would not be offended or upset at all if I went. He's past the needing to do something for his birthday stage. Well at least with mom and dad.

Now if I can only convince DH.

I also think cruises as a whole have gone up in price. That $800 for 7 nights in a veranda room is now more like $800 for 5 nights Oceanview, at least on RCCL.

We just booked a 7 day on the Freedom for Thanksgiving 2005... yep, far in advance. For 2 in an ocean-view, it was about $820 a person, and I think the balcony we have is $1005. But that's also a holiday, so it can be done. 

I've only been on two cruises, RCCL and DCL, and there was definitely a difference.

Based on that, DCL has set the standard that I will judge all others by.

Just curious.... when's the last time you sailed RCCL? I've heard they've stepped up their game. I've only been on Royal and Carnival (the latter a long time ago), so I can really compare though. 

I really wish I could take you up on this. If I were allowed to take off work, I'd make it happen. 

Well sure....but that's in 2005 dollars.   :rofl2:

And better yet, it's in my mama's dollars!  :rofl3:

Honestly, I'm so excited. I've never had someone do something like buy me a vacation EVER before. It's so sweet of my mom, and I know she enjoys being in the position to do something like that for my brother and me. 

Just curious.... when's the last time you sailed RCCL? I've heard they've stepped up their game. I've only been on Royal and Carnival (the latter a long time ago), so I can really compare though. 

I really wish I could take you up on this. If I were allowed to take off work, I'd make it happen. 

It was about 4 years ago.

I think Disney has forced the other cruise lines to step up their game.

A lot of people would like to take me up on this, but just like you, they have jobs, kids, etc.

I have a very flexible schedule and can go anytime. Gail owns her law firm, so she has one of the other lawyers cover for her.

Life is good for this crabby old bus driver.

It was about 4 years ago.

I think Disney has forced the other cruise lines to step up their game.

A lot of people would like to take me up on this, but just like you, they have jobs, kids, etc.

I have a very flexible schedule and can go anytime. Gail owns her law firm, so she has one of the other lawyers cover for her.

Life is good for this crabby old bus driver.

I agree; they have.

It's good to be Lou!

We just booked a 7 day on the Freedom for Thanksgiving 2005... yep, far in advance. For 2 in an ocean-view, it was about $820 a person, and I think the balcony we have is $1005. But that's also a holiday, so it can be done.

Well sure....but that's in 2005 dollars.   :rofl2:

2005??????????????

Hmmm ... you got me thinking and researching.  I always cruise in the fall, which is generally the least expensive time of year.  From 9/1/14 through 12/31/14, RCCL currently has 9 7-night cruises for under $800.  But they sail from Galveston, San Juan, and New Orleans.  All expensive ports for me to get to.  

If I want to sail from Port Canaveral, the Freedom is $844 per person for 7 nights.  Disney's cheapest 7-night cruise during that same time period is $1,344 per person.  And the itineraries are identical except that RCCL goes to Coco Cay and Disney goes to Castaway Cay.

A number of people wanted to take advantage of the offer, but real life wouldn't allow it. So unfortunately I did not book a third cabin for a Fiend family.

It's off for 7 days on the Fantasy late Sat afternoon.

We'll be stopping at Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Castaway Cay.

Buddy and Dobby will be able to stay in their home as we'll have a house sitter.

Parking at Port Canaveral is reserved. Still haven't packed though.

I'm assigning Ray and Ken to stand in for me as they both did a good job imitating me this week. But Ray, don't get into any fights arguments debates as me. Just do the Snarky part.