Interesting article on the news today

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quoted for truth!

I have found that people that complain about the cost can never be happy.  They start out with a negative attitude and you sow what you plant.

We're not talking apples, we're talking apple pie here   The quote is "As American as Mom, Baseball, and Apple Pie", not "As American as Mom, Baseball, and Granny Smith Apple Pie filling only with no

Have you ever tried a meat pie?

It's a fried pie with a ground beef, gravy, and spices.

Or the French Canadian version, which is made with pork.  When my Memere was alive we had them every New Year's Day.  Yum!

My mom makes a killer pie crust... probably no surprise that it's made with lard. 

I suppose you follow the common diet of the Azores?  Seagulls, seawater and seaweed.  

What, that doesn't sound appetizing?

To me, that sounds as good as Shepard's pie. 

Actually I don't eat any Portuguese food because I don't know how to cook it. I should have been Italian.

I suppose you follow the common diet of the Azores?  Seagulls, seawater and seaweed.  

What, that doesn't sound appetizing?

To me, that sounds as good as Shepard's pie. 

Actually I don't eat any Portuguese food because I don't know how to cook it. I should have been Italian.

Or at least married Italian like I did.

What's the difference between Shepard's pie, meat pie, and dog food, nothing.

And how is it pie if it's made in a casserole dish?

Meat pie isn't made in a casserole. It's made with regular pie crust.

So you don't like ground beef, vegetables, and mashed potatoes? And shepard's pie is not a southern dish. It came from English isle.

Mtnmanky...aka Leon, on 21 Apr 2014 - 5:21 PM, said:snapback.png

"...first person to have been killed by a pe-can." Cheyenne Social Club

I'm gonna need an explanation.

From the movie The Cheyenne Social Club, James Stewart, Henry Fonda.  Aging cowboy inheirits a "social Club" in Wyoming which turns ouut to be a bordello.  comedy/western.

One feature of "The Cheyanne Social Club"; it marks the 3rd (count'em third) time that James Stewart "killed" career bad guy Robert J. Wilke on screen He had already gunned him down in "The Far Country", and in "Night Passage". In this movie, Wilke, a much better gunman, braces Stewart in a crowded saloon. Stewart's pal, Henry Fonda, is noshing on pecans while watching the action. Fonda squeezes two pecans together to crack them; Wilke thinks he hears a pistol being cocked, so he draws his gun and points in Fonda's direction. Seeing no threat there, Wilke tries to recover, but by this time Stewart has cleared leather, and he blows Wilke away, thus becoming a hero.  Fonda's character then remarks it was the first time a man was killed by a pee-caan.

Can't tell the palyers without a program, I guess!

My DW says I have too much triva and obsure nonsense in my brain adn it leaks out sometimes

I am a HUGE fan of baseball and hot dogs, but can't get onboard with the Apple Pie.  Guess that makes me partially All American. 

I also really enjoy sheppards pie and cottage pie (although I can't remember which meat goes in which).

I am a HUGE fan of baseball and hot dogs, but can't get onboard with the Apple Pie.  Guess that makes me partially All American. 

Partially all-American. Do you see anything not quite right with that sentence?

But everyone knows that the only REAL Newtons are FIG Newtons.

I don't think she would agree.

maxresdefault_zps2568d57d.jpg

I don't like hot dogs, apple pie or baseball but I have lived with a Navy service member (1987 to present) for over 26 years can this get me a pass on the American classification.

Hubby gets a pass if he feels that way, which I doubt, but the committee will have to vote on giving you a pass. And because I am, what I am, I vote no. 

I agree.  I just don't like apples unless they are Granny Smiths.  Anything else is tasteless and mushy.  But I'm still all American!

I just don't like apples unless they are Granny Smiths.  But I'm still all American!

We're not talking apples, we're talking apple pie here

The quote is "As American as Mom, Baseball, and Apple Pie", not "As American as Mom, Baseball, and Granny Smith Apple Pie filling only with no sugar added".

It just doesn't flow.