Interesting article on the news today

I apologize if someone else reported this but I think (or hope)Disney will consider singing different tunes if more reviews like this come out..........99.999999999% they won't. Funny read if anything

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/on-the-town/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2014/4/18/disney_disappointing.html

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quoted for truth!

I have found that people that complain about the cost can never be happy.  They start out with a negative attitude and you sow what you plant.

We're not talking apples, we're talking apple pie here   The quote is "As American as Mom, Baseball, and Apple Pie", not "As American as Mom, Baseball, and Granny Smith Apple Pie filling only with no

That is interesting! Calling it like they see it.  I have never really  looked at it like this "Paying $99 per day to be trapped in a park surrounded by other peoples' children and fully grown adults who like Disney? No thanks. "  But it is!  LOL!  As far as the water goes it can be that expensive here.

My mother "laughs" at the fact that Disney actually got people, to pay these high ticket prices...to go stand in line, to see a character (when I was growing up, they just wandered the park).  That, and she's pretty sure that Disney's main goal is to keep everyone "in transit".  The signage isn't always the best on property and sometimes the buses can run pretty slow... so she says that Disney's main goal is just to keep you stuck moving from place to place and then, once you do get there, pay to wait in line to see a person in a costume (lowest overhead ever!).  That's her take on it anyway :)

Well, that was all very interesting.

Looking at the original article listing all 10 of their disappointing places makes me wonder what she actually expected when going to those places.  I guess if you just look at all the tourist brochures, and not do any other research before you go anywhere on vacation, you'll be disappointed.

We all know the arguments pro/con for WDW.

Otherwise....

A couple of years ago we spent the day in Niagara Falls NY (we didn't have passports, so just stayed Stateside).  It had been a number of years since we'd been to either side of the Falls, and yes, the Canadian was always the "nicer" side.  But we were pleasantly surprised with our visit.  I think I almost preferred the natural State Park atmosphere of the NY side, to the honky tonk of Canada, even though the view is different.

$49/ night.

When and why type of site is $49/ night?

Question asked.

We've stayed in a partial during October for $49/night.

Question answered.

There are two time periods, 1/2-2/12 and 8/3-10/5, during the value season where you can get a partial site for $49 a night during the week.

$49/ night.

When and why type of site is $49/ night?

Question asked.

We've stayed in a partial during October for $49/night.

Question answered.

There are two time periods, 1/2-2/12 and 8/3-10/5, during the value season where you can get a partial site for $49 a night during the week.

And with AAA Premium is $68.

Question asked.

Question answered.

Value season= when all the kids are back in school. Thanks Disney for being magical on our wallets when we can't go

If you owned the Fort, what pricing structure would you use?

I would use a very similar price structure but keep/bring back the RC wagon, Settlement TP wagon, log benches, trash cans that look like tree stumps, put the lawnmower from the lawnmower tree in a climate controlled case in the TCD barn, hammocks at the beach, make your own pizza night at Trails End.....i could go on.

You'll notice I did not add RC or the FWRR to this list since that is pie in the sky. The other things however are relatively inexpensive to fix/bring back. The little things matter.

I still love the Fort but would love it that much more if they brought the above listed nuances back.

If you owned the Fort, what pricing structure would you use?

I understand business and totally get why they offer lower prices on sites during their slow time, but the average family with children in school can never benefit from these prices and have to pay top dollar. Again, I understand the logic behind it just like when I worked for the hotel industry. The one price thing I think I have a legitimate complaint on is the seasonal pass with the blackout dates. Just about Every single days that our kids are out of school is considered a black out date including a majority of the summer bit forces you to buy an annual pass. I guess for the grown up kids and retires it a plus. Just my daily venting. I'm glad we can still afford fort pricing and annual passes. I lot of people can't these days