Greetings All!   

We are new to the group.  Will be making the trip starting Monday 28 and staying 3 nights.  Using our pop-up camper.  Traveling with wife, two boys (11) (9) and girl (4).

What time is check-in .. check-out?

Any advise on Resort hopping?   What can you do at other WDW Resorts?  Eat, play, swim?

Thanks in advance ... :-)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, step away from the computer and run. The people on here are nuts................but in a good way.

My kid's and I had fun touring the resorts on Bay Lake.  We took a boat from the Fort to Wilderness Lodge and had fun looking around there, then caught the boat to the Contemporary.  After having fun

Since you have been ignoring all the other posts as I advised, I feel compelled to tell you that check in is at 1 pm, checkout is 11 am.

Greetings All!   

We are new to the group.  Will be making the trip starting Monday 28 and staying 3 nights.  Using our pop-up camper.  Traveling with wife, two boys (11) (9) and girl (4).

What time is check-in .. check-out?

Any advise on Resort hopping?   What can you do at other WDW Resorts?  Eat, play, swim?

Thanks in advance ... :-)

Welcome Bill.

Official check-in time for the campsites is 1 pm.  But, you can check-in earlier if you wish.  If your site is ready, they will let you have it. If not, they will take a cell number and text or call you with your site number later.  Once you're checked in, you will be issued a parking pass, and you are free to leave your vehicle in the overflow lot at the Fort and hop a bus there, or visit any other WDW location without paying to park.

Official check-out time is 11 am.

Resort hopping is fine.  Pool hopping is not.  Only guests staying at each resort are allowed to use that resort's pool.  That's the official rule.  But people still pool-hop.

All of the resorts have scheduled free activities for the kids.  Those are not limited to guests of the resort, so your kids can participate in those.  Each resort maintains a separate schedule, so you'll need to check with each resort when you get there.  But, before you go running off to another resort, you ought to look at the schedule for Fort Wilderness, as there is plenty to do at the campground.  This month's schedule is here: http://www.fortfiends.net/_/activities/fort-wilderness-activities-schedule-april-2014-r360

TCD

WELCOME!

Resort hopping is fun - the only thing you're not allowed to do is use the pools at other resorts, but you can explore and take advantage of the other amenities, dining, etc.

Check out is 11am.  I *think* check in is 1pm, but someone please correct me on that if I'm wrong.

:welcome2: 

I think others are typing at the same time so....this may be a repeat :)

Check in is 1pm.

Check out is 11am.

For our family, we enjoy visiting the other resorts.  You can, of course, eat at their restaurants...you cannot swim in their pools.  Having said that, if this is your first trip to WDW, enjoy The Fort; there's lots to do at this campground!

Have fun! :)

Welcome!

I would definitely plan to spend the majority of your time at the Fort, but if you do decide to go resort hopping I strongly recommend venturing over to WL. I went for the first time this past January. Words and pictures just cannot describe how beautiful it is.

If you have a car or don't mind riding 2 buses, I recommend taking a trip out to Animal Kingdom Lodge.  There are savannahs there separate from the Animal Kingdom park and lots of viewing areas.  Plus the resort is amazing to explore and there are some good places to eat also.

Oh and check out is 11am, check in is 1pm.   8)

If you have a car or don't mind riding 2 buses, I recommend taking a trip out to Animal Kingdom Lodge.  There are savannahs there separate from the Animal Kingdom park and lots of viewing areas.  Plus the resort is amazing to explore and there are some good places to eat also.

Oh and check out is 11am, check in is 1pm.   8)

Animal Kingdom Lodge has great free kid activities too!

Including, but not limited to, cookie decorating.

That's right, they give your kid a free cookie.

Free.

At Disney!

Those two words rarely end up in the same sentence.

In case you didn't get the message.

Check in is 1 pm.

Check out is 11 am.

Which, BTW, I said first!

TCD

My kid's and I had fun touring the resorts on Bay Lake.  We took a boat from the Fort to Wilderness Lodge and had fun looking around there, then caught the boat to the Contemporary.  After having fun looking around there, we took the monorail to the Polynesian and finally walked to the Grand Floridian.

We also took some time another day to take the two buses to get to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

You can read more details and see pictures in my Trip Report, which is linked in my signature.

Have a blast!

Editting to add: Check in is 1pm and check out is 11am.