• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They can work the system though.  Last New Years Eve we had reservations at the Wave for lunch.  On December 30th, I checked MyDisneyExperience and noticed that my reservation was gone. I then got my

Wow, 1-4 sound like things I would complain about.  I thought rich people loved valet parking, paying $5 for a Diet Coke ("in a metal bottle" -- is that also known as a can?), avoiding public transpor

The wow factor is at checkout.

A very legitimate answer is the company they are using is also arranging purchasing their tickets, getting their magic bands, setting up their MDE account, getting their legitimate FP+s, and doing the impossible attractions at rope drop. 

You clearly have not yet had the pleasure of using the current FP+ reservation system. WDW Resort guests get to make selections 60 days in advance.  Everyone else only gets 30 days.  Four Seasons guests fall in to the second category.  Also, no Magic Bands for them. At best, if the tour guides are following the same rules that apply to everyone else, they would only be able to make FP+ reservations starting at the 30 day mark.  Currently, that means there will be no Mine Train or Anna and Elsa FP+ times available.  Certainly not for a party of 9.  Yes, the tour guide could offer a rope drop stampede down Main Street to the party of 9, so they could access one of those impossible attractions, but then what?  The standby lines for A & E and the Mine Train will be an hour plus within five minutes of park opening.  If they go to one, there will be no skipping the line for the other.  That doesn't sound like the literal piece of cake that the reviewer enjoyed.

TCD

Is Four Seasons providing MB's to its guests?

TCD

Don't know. If they can get tickets there, maybe they can get MBs too.

Below is from their web site.

"Meet one-on-one with a Disney Cast Member to plan the wonderful details of your stay, make ticket arrangements for the Disney theme parks"

Is it possible that, for a sufficient amount of money, Disney will provide access to a special and exclusive level of FP (let's call it FP++) that isn't available to the masses.  Maybe something a step below the plaid vested service, but one that provides advantages over the system available to those not willing or able to buy into it.  And maybe they provide access to that service to the private guides for a fee? 

It's also possible that review could have been written by one of those people who thinks ToT is in the MK. Some people are really clueless, even just before their trip.

You mean one of those people who say they went to Disneyland once but are really talking about Magic Kingdom and have no clue what the other Disney World parks are called. They think going to Disney World means standing in line at Magic Kingdom to ride Its a Small World, and why would any adult go to WDW.

WBI

Is it possible that, for a sufficient amount of money, Disney will provide access to a special and exclusive level of FP (let's call it FP++) that isn't available to the masses.  Maybe something a step below the plaid vested service, but one that provides advantages over the system available to those not willing or able to buy into it.  And maybe they provide access to that service to the private guides for a fee? 

This is what I am wondering too.  Is Disney selling some kind of special access to Four Seasons?

According to this review, which I concede was clearly written by a moron who somehow had enough money to stay there, the concierge at the Four Seasons was able to make his "FastPath+" reservations:

fsreview_zps59f02e10.jpg

TCD

Let's assume that they were clueless. They say that "the onsite concierge desk was every bit as good as the Disney folks in purchasing tickets, making FP+ reservations etc."

According to the Four Seasons website, there is a "Disney Planning Center" located next to the front desk staffed by Disney CMs. That being the case, is that who those people dealt with and thought it was the Four Seasons concierge desk when in fact it was the Disney Planning Center. Well, no wonder they were just as good.

"The Disney Planning Center, conveniently located near the front desk on the Resort’s lobby level, is a one-stop central hub where you can seamlessly organize your entire Disney experience. Meet one-on-one with a Disney Cast Member to plan the wonderful details of your stay, make ticket arrangements for the Disney theme parks and reserve your table at a Disney restaurant. The team can even support your planning process before you walk in the door."

Let's assume that they were clueless. They say that "the onsite concierge desk was every bit as good as the Disney folks in purchasing tickets, making FP+ reservations etc."

According to the Four Seasons website, there is a "Disney Planning Center" located next to the front desk staffed by Disney CMs. That being the case, is that who those people dealt with and thought it was the Four Seasons concierge desk when in fact it was the Disney Planning Center. Well, no wonder they were just as good.

"The Disney Planning Center, conveniently located near the front desk on the Resort’s lobby level, is a one-stop central hub where you can seamlessly organize your entire Disney experience. Meet one-on-one with a Disney Cast Member to plan the wonderful details of your stay, make ticket arrangements for the Disney theme parks and reserve your table at a Disney restaurant. The team can even support your planning process before you walk in the door."

Considering that, wouldn't it make sense that, as part of Four Season's contract with Disney, those CM's have access to FP+'s, ADR's and other perks that most people do not?  You just don't spend that kind of money and stay at that level of hotel and not expect some perks, and to be made to feel "special". 

Considering that, wouldn't it make sense that, as part of Four Season's contract with Disney, those CM's have access to FP+'s, ADR's and other perks that most people do not? 

Absolutely

If the WDW resorts concierge can do it, why wouldn't the concierge desk at the Four Seasons be able to as well.

Wait a second.

Do the Concierges at the WDW resorts have access to ADR's and FP+ times that a regular guest using the MDE system does not?

TCD

I have no way of knowing what they do and don't have access to, but when I was one at the GF, I had access to every thing.

I could sell tickets, make ADRs, etc.

It wouldn't surprise me if they could do things that you can't, but I don't know.

I have no way of knowing what they do and don't have access to, but when I was one at the GF, I had access to every thing.

It wouldn't surprise me if they could do things that you can't, but I don't know.

It wouldn't surprise me either.  And it also wouldn't surprise me if the concierges at the Four Seasons and the Disney Deluxe resorts have access to more than the concierges at the Fort or Values. 

Once when we were upgraded to a Concierge level room at the Boardwalk, I asked the concierge in the lounge to try and get me a last minute reservation somewhere that I knew was booked up and she was not able to.  I had thought  they may be able to work some magic for concierge guests, but they couldn't.  I honestly didn't care though, I had already scored a free upgrade to a Concierge Level Garden Cottage room, who needs an ADR after that!

WBI

This is what I am wondering too.  Is Disney selling some kind of special access to Four Seasons?

According to this review, which I concede was clearly written by a moron who somehow had enough money to stay there, the concierge at the Four Seasons was able to make his "FastPath+" reservations:

fsreview_zps59f02e10.jpg

TCD

Wow, 1-4 sound like things I would complain about.  I thought rich people loved valet parking, paying $5 for a Diet Coke ("in a metal bottle" -- is that also known as a can?), avoiding public transportation and paying for things that are called complementary.  This person clearly is not Four Seasons material.

Once when we were upgraded to a Concierge level room at the Boardwalk, I asked the concierge in the lounge to try and get me a last minute reservation somewhere that I knew was booked up and she was not able to.  I had thought  they may be able to work some magic for concierge guests, but they couldn't. 

It's not like WDW concierge CMs have any clout.

They may have access to things that guests don't, but they can't just place a call and get an ADR where there isn't an opening.

It still has to be done via the software system in place.

It wouldn't surprise me either.  And it also wouldn't surprise me if the concierges at the Four Seasons and the Disney Deluxe resorts have access to more than the concierges at the Fort or Values. 

That would surprise me.

I have often thought that one of the reasons for the big expenditure on the My Magic Plus program is to give Disney the ability to treat different levels of guests differently.

It already was going on under the old and now the new system. People willing to pay the big bucks for a private tour guide are given unlimited access to the parks and are whisked in through VIP entrances, skipping even the Fastpass lines in most cases.  But Disney has to pay those guides.

What if they just sold the access?  By giving guests willing to pay more FP+'s than regular guests?  Or, by having contracts with third party tour guides giving them that access for an agreed price?

And here's something that I overheard one afternoon at the WL pool.  I was waiting for my daughters, so I was sitting outside by the pool.  A very loud family was at the table next to mine.  They had all been to the MK that morning and wanted to go to Epcot.  They had used their FP+'s at the MK that morning.  One of the party went to the concierge to see about getting some FP+'s for the evening at Epcot.  Currently, guests can only get more FP+'s after using their first three by physically going to a park and asking there.  These people were able to schedule more FP+'s with the concierge. They were discussing what they had chosen, and planning their evening.  I have never heard of this service being offered by the concierge at Fort Wilderness.  So, there's and example of a Deluxe hotel concierge proving a service that a guest could not do on his own.

Why couldn't they do this on a larger scale at the Four Seasons?

I have to believe that they are.  Those guests can't make dining reservations 180 days in advance like WDW resort guests.  They can't make FP+ reservations 60 days in advance like WDW resort guests.  So, what happens when Chauncey, who is paying $600 a night for his room goes to the concierge and tells them his kid wants to ride Peter Pan that night?  Do they laugh in Chauncey's face?  I don't think so.

TCD

So, there's and example of a Deluxe hotel concierge proving a service that a guest could not do on his own.

Why couldn't they do this on a larger scale at the Four Seasons?

I have to believe that they are. 

I guess a Fiend will have to stay at the 4 Seasons or at a WDW deluxe and find out exactly what they are offering that non-deluxe resorts aren't.