Maria, Gettysburg, and Us

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watch out.  I can still dominate page 2. 

Also the bunk ends also help stabilize the top, making the pop up more stable in the wind

Great job Jason, plus this might be a Fiend record for a trip report done in one day!!!!

Yeah I didnt want to be heckled for yet another incomplete one so It is onward to the end.

Gettysburg really is powerful. They have preserved so many fields that were probably not that different back then that you can almost picture the armies coming over a hill. I highly recommend a visit to anyone who is interested in US history.

If it's 1/10 as powerful as yours pictures it is definitely moving up on my bucket list. Wow! I actually saw the soldiers topping the hill.

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

Most excellent! A world class TR. It had all the hallmarks of a classic report... American history, classic Americana architecture, chocolate, beer, my friend Jason, and a dog named after Star Wars. The only thing that tops that is a wealth of Maria pictures. The PUP looks well-loved. Nice work, sir. hope to see you in July. Use the Fourth, Luke!

Well done my friend!

That was some of th ebest pood forn pictures ive ever seen.

thanks for putting names with some of the pictures.  Its always nice to put a face with the name.

Rennie welcome to the club. 

thanks for the picture of elizabeth. Beckers wont post any and i need my elizabeth fix!  lol!

I liked the GG t-shirt but my favorite is the "I'm not argueing, I'm just explaining why i'm right" t-shirt.  I've got to find me one of those.

thanks for sharing your special trip with us

Im in! It might be over, but by golly I'm here.
Loved all the historical pics, one of these years I'll make it up to see all that stuff.
And the food, whoa....good thing its about lunch time for me cause I am starving after looking at all that food!

Great report, Jason. I keep my For Fiend sign under a mattress on one of my bunks, you won't feel it sleeping on it and I never forget to pack it.

Good idea. Now that we have the PUP I am a still getting used to the idea of permanent storage in it. 

Great job Jason, plus this might be a Fiend record for a trip report done in one day!!!!

Thanks really though it was just fear of a loss of time. Between work and TA I never know what will come up. Had to take the opportunity when I had it.

You finished! And you finished with pood forn!

Excellent work! (Now catch up on my report)

Is there a better way to end? And I am all caught up. 

Great pics! Especially any with my family lol.

Your burgers were a huge hit with Adam too

Glad he liked them too. 

Wow!  My head is spinning but I read it all.  

Great pics....lots of pood forn, lots of cute Fiend kids, lots of friendly looking Fiends....what more could you ask for?  

It really is a great group that gets together for Easter. Bring the girls next year. 

If it's 1/10 as powerful as yours pictures it is definitely moving up on my bucket list. Wow! I actually saw the soldiers topping the hill.

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

Thanks!

Most excellent! A world class TR. It had all the hallmarks of a classic report... American history, classic Americana architecture, chocolate, beer, my friend Jason, and a dog named after Star Wars. The only thing that tops that is a wealth of Maria pictures. The PUP looks well-loved. Nice work, sir. hope to see you in July. Use the Fourth, Luke!

Glad you enjoyed. Our whole family loves Maria and we had a great time getting to settle in for a little longer this time.

Oh, and musical instruments. I could look at those all day... and have!

We spent almost 45 minutes looking at that display and soaking up the history. 

Very pretty area & lots of great pictures but my fav is Hershey's! Thanks for the great trip report!

You are very welcome!

Great TR J!

We missed out this year. Looks like you guys had a great time!

We missed you guys too. Hope you will be back next year!

Well done my friend!

That was some of th ebest pood forn pictures ive ever seen.

thanks for putting names with some of the pictures.  Its always nice to put a face with the name.

Rennie welcome to the club. 

thanks for the picture of elizabeth. Beckers wont post any and i need my elizabeth fix!  lol!

I liked the GG t-shirt but my favorite is the "I'm not argueing, I'm just explaining why i'm right" t-shirt.  I've got to find me one of those.

thanks for sharing your special trip with us

Happy to share Ray!

Great pictures, Jason!  I can't believe you finished your TR in one day.

I was kind of surprised too but I had time and motivation so it was getting done. Glad you enjoyed!

Bravo!

Great job, Jason!  You really cranked this one out!

Thanks for the sunrise photos- they are beautiful.

And thanks for overcoming your fear of heights to take the photos from the top of the Pennsylvania monument- they are great.

This report even brought MetalDad out to post.  That's awesome.

TCD

It had Maria and beer and musical instruments. Metaldad was like a moth to a flame. LOL 

Gad you enjoyed it!

Im in! It might be over, but by golly I'm here.

Loved all the historical pics, one of these years I'll make it up to see all that stuff.

And the food, whoa....good thing its about lunch time for me cause I am starving after looking at all that food!

Fiends definitely know how to feed each other. Nobody was hungry after that.

Great report, Jason. I keep my For Fiend sign under a mattress on one of my bunks, you won't feel it sleeping on it and I never forget to pack it.

Forgot to mention thanks for reading along Tom. 

For those who haven't been to Hersey, check out the street light.  It's Hershey Kiss shaped!  Some are silver, like the foil wrapped kisses, and some are chocolate colored.

Thanks for noticing that. Sil was bummed she didnt get a streetlight pic. 

Great report Jason and I miss my dear friends snarky fiends.   Each year this GG gets better and better.    It's incredible how polite and well everyone gets along...  well except for Bill... :rofl2:   thank God he married Rebecca..... :rofl3:

Enjoyed the report.  Looks like all had a great time and ate well.  As it should be at a GG!

Here is another Hershey street light photo for Sil.  Took it last fall when we were there for the RV show.  There are both types in this shot.

DSC01862.jpg