Charging my iPad at the parks to take more pix.

Ok I don't want to use my iPad to take pictures but with MDE sucking my battery dry on my iPhone I need to bring a seperate camera to take pictures. And even though I appreciate Disney for installing the charging stations I don't think I want to leave my iPhone in there while I'm on a ride. Because I need it to take a free picture of the tv screen showing my ride photo.

So that was a lot to ask a simple question.

I have seen small portable back up battery/charger for about $10-$15 on eBay.

Can anybody recommend one I could buy?

Thanks

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw this one a Friends page and though of the conversation here yesterday. This is for Lou and Ray.  

No worried. I have plenty of ups from this one to offset.

I thought he had Ball Bearings?

Posted Images

I haven't got any opinion on portable chargers (although am interested in what people recommend). 

Thanks to last year's 24 hour event, I do know of some locations for plugging in at MK besides the charging ports at the new Rapunzel area...

Back right corner table in Liberty Tree Tavern

Furthest righthand bench along the wall in Cosmic Rays

Around the corner from the right hand window at Aloha Isle (look down)

I haven't got any opinion on portable chargers (although am interested in what people recommend).

Thanks to last year's 24 hour event, I do know of some locations for plugging in at MK besides the charging ports at the new Rapunzel area...

Back right corner table in Liberty Tree Tavern

Furthest righthand bench along the wall in Cosmic Rays

Around the corner from the right hand window at Aloha Isle (look down)

Epcot..

Next to the beer cart in Norway there's a bench and behind the bench in the flower bed there's a plug.

Also in France next to the column that has all the posters on it there two hidden plugs again the flower beds.

MK. Over by the new Rapunzel bathrooms in the floor beds there's another plug.

AK. The bathroom by the Nemo show, the one that's kind of hidden. As you come out of the bathroom walk to your left and yes again in the floor beds there's a plug.

HS. I can't think of one right off the top of my head but I bet there's one in a flower bed somewhere. Lol.

Boy I spend a lot of time in the bushes.

Ok I don't want to use my iPad to take pictures but with MDE sucking my battery dry on my iPhone I need to bring a seperate camera to take pictures. And even though I appreciate Disney for installing the charging stations I don't think I want to leave my iPhone in there while I'm on a ride. Because I need it to take a free picture of the tv screen showing my ride photo.

So that was a lot to ask a simple question.

I have seen small portable back up battery/charger for about $10-$15 on eBay.

Can anybody recommend one I could buy?

Thanks

Finally, something I am qualified to help with instead of just giving my two cents!

The cheap external battery chargers will definitely not work for the iPad, but might work for your iPhone. You should look for a very high MAH rating in order to charge an iPad and a moderately high MAH for the iPhone. Most of these devices that are worth using are at least $50 but they are well worth the money. Small and lightweight so they charge your devices while you continue on with your day.

The cheap external battery chargers will definitely not work for the iPad, but might work for your iPhone. You should look for a very high MAH rating in order to charge an iPad and a moderately high MAH for the iPhone. Most of these devices that are worth using are at least $50 but they are well worth the money. Small and lightweight so they charge your devices while you continue on with your day.

Well done hijacking the silliness to actually offer some valuable information!! 

I've been thinking about getting one of these for a while, but didn't have a clue where to start.

:bravo:

Oh and Ray - you might want to get one of these so you don't have to worry about being in the front row to take photos of the parade...

ipadtelephoto-1.jpg

:rofl2:

Finally, something I am qualified to help with instead of just giving my two cents!

Thanks. I actually don't want to keep my iPad charged that was just a way to get some attention. Lol

I do however want to have a way to charge my iPhone at the parks, and I travel and I'm out of the house a lot during the day and my iPhone and iPad has become my office. I charge them in my car every time I get in it but sometimes I still find my self out of juice.

Mainly it's my iPhone that needs extra juice. Is there one external portable charger that you would recommend? Preferably something small enough to carry in my pocket.

Thanks

Well I know you don't want to hear this but get rid of the I phone and go get a new HTC or Samsung the battery life on there new phones blows the iPhone away. I have always been android but my wife who has used I phone since they came out switched to a note 3 a couple months ago and loves it. She said there is not one thing she misses about her iPhone. My mom switched to a galaxy s4 after she broke her iPhone 4s and she loves how her battery last now.

We recently tested some external phone chargers at work.  They are replacing our Blackberry's with iPhones and Galaxy S4's.

The best charger we found is this one.

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro 6000mAh (2A Output) Portable Charger External Battery Pack with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Galaxy Tab 3, 2, Nexus 4, 5, 7, 10, HTC One, One 2 (M8), MOTO X, G, LG Optimus, other Smartphones and Tablets.
  • The smart charging port, powered by PowerIQ™ technology, intelligently identifies each connected device and speaks its language - guaranteeing the fastest charge time for EVERY device (up to 2 Amps).
  • 6000 mAh of capacity and an energy efficiency rate 10% above previous generation Astros and many current standard alternatives charges the iPhone three times and large-capacity phones like the Galaxy S4 almost twice.
  • A "shake" starts a charge or displays the remaining power level. The ultra-low power consumption (100000 shakes consume less than 1%) 10-LED power meter balances accuracy and aesthetics.
  • Sturdy construction and matte finish withstand bumps and drops. Grade A cells and premium chips ensure reliability. Input: 5V / 1A; Use a 1A adapter (not included) with the included USB cable for the fastest charging time (6 hours).
  • Package contents: Anker® 2nd Generation Astro External Battery, micro USB cable, user manual. (Apple 30 pin and lightning, Samsung 30-pin adapter, not included)

Price: $59.99 Sale: $29.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details You Save:

$30.00 (50%)

This is from Amazon.

It will charge an iPhone that is almost dead 2 times on one charge.  It got great reviews.

We tried 2 other brands, and they were next to worthless.

My daughter gave me a backpack a couple of Christmas's ago that has a battery in it for recharging devices.  This is it, but I'm pretty sure she didn't pay anywhere near the listed price.

I use it when we travel.  It was real good in airports, because outlets used to be impossible to find for your chargers.  The pocket where the cables are located is roomy enough to place your phone in it while it charges.

Powerbag Back Pack with Battery for Charging Smartphones, Tablets and eReaders, Black (RFAP-0123F)

Available from these sellers.

Color: Powerbag Black Back Pack Designed
  • 41EF1%2BnoDXL._SS36_.jpg
  • 41UuR6c4VhL._SS36_.jpg
  • 513sKggtbCL._SS36_.jpg

• On-board removable battery with built-in PowerVine System delivers a 3000mAh charge directly to where it's needed. That's enough to charge the average smartphone twice.
  • Easily accessible pockets include dedicated Apple and M2 connectors with micro and mini USBs that allow you to charge Android, Blackberry, and thousands of other portable devices. Apple connectors charge your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
  • The full-sized internal USB port allows you to charge almost anything.
  • Battery can be charged easily in or out of the bag with the included AC adaptor
  • Padded pocket safely transports a 14" laptop, tablet, or other devices.