Charging my iPad at the parks to take more pix.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw this one a Friends page and though of the conversation here yesterday. This is for Lou and Ray.  

No worried. I have plenty of ups from this one to offset.

I thought he had Ball Bearings?

Posted Images

Here's what I suggest, and if you take my advice, it will solve your charging issue.

Take that damn smart phone that you seem to be connected to by an umbilical cord, and throw as far as you can into Seven Seas Lagoon.

If you're compelled to photograph every second of your trip to an overrated amusement park for prosperity, what's wrong with a cheap camera?

He's back!!!!

I've you'd upgrade to a cell phone that wasn't made in the 80's you might understand why we bring our phones. My phone is my camera. I don't want to carry my phone a camera. If you can talk your bosses into getting rid of MDE .& FP+. Id be happy to not bring my phone. Not all us have the luxury of being a CM or going there multiple times a year so we have to use the little bit of time at the parks wisely.

Heck if I had my way there would no FP+.

And most TS restaraunts would not be on a reservation system.

But the system as it is requires planning and a smartphone to get the most out of a visit to Disney.

Hey Crankisairus,

Now that your back am I relieved of my snarky duty?

DH gets nervous enough about the kids bringing the IPad in the car with us on vacation. Taking it into a Theme Park would about give him a heart attack.

I feel the same way. There's no way I'm taking my iPad or allowing my kids to bring one into the park. Even if they didn't break it. I'd end up with it In My backpack when they got tired of carring it.

...My phone is my camera. I don't want to carry my phone a camera. If you can talk your bosses into getting rid of MDE .& FP+. Id be happy to not bring my phone. Not all us have the luxury of being a CM or going there multiple times a year so we have to use the little bit of time at the parks wisely.

Heck if I had my way there would no FP+.

And most TS restaraunts would not be on a reservation system.

But the system as it is requires planning and a smartphone to get the most out of a visit to Disney.

Mmmmmmmm.... yep, that's pretty much it.

And if you're traveling with other people, having phones is necessary, unless you want to travel like an amoeba.

Any suggestions on a good digital small camera? I was looking at the Nikon cool pic?

I have two Nikon CoolPix.  They have both been good cameras.  My first one was a 5200.  It is tiny, I've had it for several years, and it still takes good pictures.  Now I still use it mainly for underwater pictures b/c I have an Aqua Pac that it fits into.  

My latest CoolPix is a P7000.  It's about twice as big as the 5200 and takes excellent pictures.  Even though I now have a DSLR (Nikon D7100 with a powerful 18-300 zoom lens)that takes wonderful pictures, I still sometimes use the P7000 because it's small enough to fit in my purse, does well in low light conditions, and the quality of the pictures is good.

Yes, I'm a big Nikon fan.

I wish I had one to loan out.

You must be old-ish to know about Brownie cameras.

I really don't know what defines the term "oldish", but I do hit the half century mark this Tuesday...

I thought to myself when I posted that comment, I wonder how many folks will wonder what I was even talking about....

I really don't know what defines the term "oldish", but I do hit the half century mark this Tuesday...

I wonder how many folks will wonder what I was even talking about....

Happy 1/2 century.

I'm surprised you're familiar with Brownie cameras because the Brownie Hawkeye camera was discontinued before you were born.

Happy 1/2 century.

I'm surprised you're familiar with Brownie cameras because the Brownie Hawkeye camera was discontinued before you were born.

I love old cameras. I have several oldest is the 1908 Eastman Kodak Pocket camera. I have two Brownies. The hawk eye and a Starflex. I two of the original Polaroid land cameras. I know it's not old but I have my dad's canon AE-1.

Here's a picture of the kodak pocket camera that's my iPhone to show you how big peoples pockets were. Lol.

This is the Kodak

That's the Starflex on the left and the Hawkeye on the right. I've have over two dozen cameras but most are backed up for our up coming move.

Cool stuff to collect Ray.

I know what Brownie cameras are and I'm only 28.  

Nice try.

I have two Nikon CoolPix.  They have both been good cameras.  My first one was a 5200.  It is tiny, I've had it for several years, and it still takes good pictures.  Now I still use it mainly for underwater pictures b/c I have an Aqua Pac that it fits into.  

My latest CoolPix is a P7000.  It's about twice as big as the 5200 and takes excellent pictures.  Even though I now have a DSLR (Nikon D7100 with a powerful 18-300 zoom lens)that takes wonderful pictures, I still sometimes use the P7000 because it's small enough to fit in my purse, does well in low light conditions, and the quality of the pictures is good.

Yes, I'm a big Nikon fan.

Thanks for the advice. In my college days I was big into photography when it was a good eye and lot of luck to get that perfect shot, unlike now. I was a Minolta guy back then but I agree with you, Nikon is the way to go

Wow this thread has been all over the place and then some!  And somehow miraculously, there was some great info here.  Thanks to Travisma's recommendation, I bought the Anker charger on Amazon over the weekend.  Hoping to get to give it a try soon!  :)

I know what Brownie cameras are and I'm only 28.  

You know, coffee shooting out someone's nose can ruin a perfectly good keyboard.

Wow this thread has been all over the place and then some! And somehow miraculously, there was some great info here. Thanks to Travisma's recommendation, I bought the Anker charger on Amazon over the weekend. Hoping to get to give it a try soon! :)

I'm ordering the same one. It has slightly better reviews than the Jackery Bar and a little bit more capacity. I just need to find some else to order to get the total to $35 for the free shipping.

You can order this to lure the kids in so that you can practice yelling at them to get off your lawn...

http://www.amazon.com/Colorful-Confetti-Glass-Gazing-Ball/dp/B00GIRZG2Q/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1399299065&sr=8-10&keywords=yard+gazing+ball

51M77d3BpjL._SY300_.jpg

That way you'll be in top form the next time Lou decides to take a vacation.  8)

You can order this to lure the kids in so that you can practice yelling at them to get off your lawn...

What, you don't like chrome balls?

Of course an idiot tag fairy will try to give me that as a tag, but I'll delete it faster than he prances.