Charging my iPad at the parks to take more pix.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw this one a Friends page and though of the conversation here yesterday. This is for Lou and Ray.  

No worried. I have plenty of ups from this one to offset.

I thought he had Ball Bearings?

Posted Images

Ray- Since you like to bring your giant stroller into the parks, have you considered installing a couple of golf cart batteries in it and hooking up a power inverter?

Maybe you could have enough power to run a small fridge or even a portable AC unit?

TCD

Tried it but they took away my beer at the gate.

I am think of installing solar panels to charge my iPads. I'm going green.

Bummer.

How about bringing multiple iPads and maybe even a MacBook that you could hold up to use as a camera?

You could keep those all in your giant stroller.

TCD

MacBook!

Now that's being silly. Knucklehead.

I figure between DW's, DD's and my iPads and all three of our iPhones. Small cooler with water and snacks, two backpacks with rain ponchos, extra pair of jorts and extra wife beaters. Extra sneakers and socks. My three Disney guide books, umbrellas, my giant Brazilian flag, autograph books and pens, my 4 pin trading books, and one Snickers bar. There won't be any room in the stroller for a MacBook.

MacBook!

Now that's being silly. Knucklehead.

I figure between DW's, DD's and my iPads and all three of our iPhones. Small cooler with water and snacks, two backpacks with rain ponchos, extra pair of jorts and extra wife beaters. Extra sneakers and socks. My three Disney guide books, umbrellas, my giant Brazilian flag, autograph books and pens, my 4 pin trading books, and one Snickers bar. There won't be any room in the stroller for a MacBook.

Now that's a good post!

Don't forget your bubbles and bubble making machine.

And the costume changes for your daughter.

And your SOTMK card collection.

Otherwise, you've got it covered.

TCD

Ray-  Since you like to bring your giant stroller into the parks, have you considered installing a couple of golf cart batteries in it and hooking up a power inverter?

Maybe you could have enough power to run a small fridge or even a portable AC unit?

TCD

Now your thinking. With that train of thought your ECV will be awesome.

Ray, I'm thinking that the sun in Florida might cause a bit of a glare when you try to view the pictures on your iPad.  Maybe you need one of these.

6a00e55225079e88340133f5c755a2970b-500wi

I think an iPad may be a little too heavy. I've been watching tv shows on my iPad at lunchtime in the cell phone lot at the Tampa airport. They have a fast wireless system, food trucks and bathrooms. I'm slowly cleaning up my DVR one lunchtime at a time.

Only problem is that it's so bright it washes out the dark scenes. So, I made myself a square cardboard tunnel that I slip onto the iPad and them put my face against it. I'm sure I look goofier to the people driving by then that hat user, but it gets the job done!

I think an iPad may be a little too heavy. I've been watching tv shows on my iPad at lunchtime in the cell phone lot at the Tampa airport. They have a fast wireless system, food trucks and bathrooms. I'm slowly cleaning up my DVR one lunchtime at a time.

Only problem is that it's so bright it washes out the dark scenes. So, I made myself a square cardboard tunnel that I slip onto the iPad and them put my face against it. I'm sure I look goofier to the people driving by then that hat user, but it gets the job done!

Ok, you have to share a picture of that.   :rofl3:

I'm as bad as everyone else (except iPad photographers) that I always use my iPhone for my main camera. I'm actually considering investing in a real good small pocket size digital camera. I really miss the SD card that I can pop out and transfer to the computer or whatever else has an SD slot. I also agree that iPhone battery life sucks. I am just use to the iPhone so much and iPad that I won't switch. My friend bought some case at SAMs club for about $70 that gas a built in battery back up that will switch automatically hen the iPhone battery goes dead. It works really well. It mystery be an apple thing that they won't build a phone with a remove able battery. Great way to make people get a new phone. Any suggestions on a good digital small camera? I was looking at the Nikon cool pic?

Ray, I have a Jackery Bar (I know that name's going to bring out some snarky replies) 5,600mAh battery pack that I bought off of Amazon for $29.95. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AAP2U4Y/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's small enough to easily fit in my pocket & it recharges my Samsung Galaxy Nexus (which is a real battery hog) quickly.

Ray, I have a Jackery Bar (I know that name's going to bring out some snarky replies) 5,600mAh battery pack that I bought off of Amazon for $29.95.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AAP2U4Y/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's small enough to easily fit in my pocket & it recharges my Samsung Galaxy Nexus (which is a real battery hog) quickly.

Will it charge it from empty to full?

I've never run the phone completely dead but very close to it & the Jackery Bar recharges it. It also has a built in LED flashlight. The cord that comes with it is about 24" long. You may want to use a longer cord if you're going to be taking pics with the iPad while the Jackery Bar is in your pocket.

Here's what I suggest, and if you take my advice, it will solve your charging issue.

Take that damn smart phone that you seem to be connected to by an umbilical cord, and throw as far as you can into Seven Seas Lagoon.

If you're compelled to photograph every second of your trip to an overrated amusement park for prosperity, what's wrong with a cheap camera?