Live from Topsail Hill... The Good, The Bad, and The Flooding

This might be a TR, or it might be a hybrid with some pictures. I wasn't going to do a full report, but you guys have to see this. And I have some cute pics and pood forn. It will likely all be done from my phone, so if you want quality, look elsewhere.

I'm sure you've heard about the panhandle getting some rain. It looks like a different place. Thankfully, it's in the process of drying out. For now at least.

This trip is also weird because we're going to stay in 3 sites. Yep, 3. Originally we had 1 site for 14 nights. Then we found out about a wedding that would result in us leaving early. That meant I needed to add some days to the beginning. I was able to add two. Then, we ended up driving down a day early. Our choices were a campground an hour away for more money or here. We chose here.

We're going to start with some depressing pictures, but I've got some good ones too. Hopefully things improve from here.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dang, it looks like the GaDawgFans should change their names to the MacGyver's... They have a gadget, item or utensil for just about anything or any purpose...  If they don't have it, then you don't n

I'm in. Worrying about the depressing pictures. Hope not too depressing.

3 moves in the trip? Could be OK. Could be a hassle. You need to report on that as it happens.

Yay, depressing pictures are my favorite

Get ready. Here they come.

In the morning, we moved to our new site. It was easy since we hadn't put anything out.

8104F468-6D39-4D7A-9FFD-8CE651CA2185.jpg

After setting up some stuff, we decided to go to the beach. Wow. Pictures don't do it justice. Topsail has 2 lakes near the beach. Both have flooded over the banks, taken out dunes, and formed rivers to the ocean. One of the rivers has dried up, but the other is still flowing.

0BD6685D-2564-4488-9477-8078D5D8D6EF.jpg

78D0407D-F1A5-442B-B00E-4210537C3E1A.jpg

2EC2B828-FE7D-44E1-AD6C-F62C5CDF252C.jpg

959A8F90-47CF-4479-A937-F388D8163E5B.jpg

6BA99373-6381-41D1-A2B7-CD47169F0E39.jpg