Live from Topsail Hill... The Good, The Bad, and The Flooding

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dang, it looks like the GaDawgFans should change their names to the MacGyver's... They have a gadget, item or utensil for just about anything or any purpose...  If they don't have it, then you don't n

Dang, it looks like the GaDawgFans should change their names to the MacGyver's... They have a gadget, item or utensil for just about anything or any purpose...  If they don't have it, then you don't need it....  I want to camp with you guys...

Let's recap just a few of the things that I have seen so far.... we have Egg's, and margarita machines, hammocks, jeeps, bikes, bike carts, swimmies, water guns, sand buckets, folding tables, all sorts of cooking utensils, chairs, e-z up's, box fans.... and there is no telling what else we may see before this trip report is done... 

I can't say anything though, because I carry a lot of things as well.  I am too afraid to weigh the camper because I just may find out that I have too much stuff....

Wow, what a trip.

I always wanted one of those Margaritaville blenders- but they're too big and too expensive to justify buying one for the few times a year we would use it. That pork looks good enough to eat.

I miss our crab hunting days. We used to do that every night when we'd be at the beach.

Now, when we go, we will only crab hunt one night if we're lucky.

What do you do after you catch the crabs? The way we used to do it at the end if everyone has to stand in a circle. Bare feet, and tight, so there are no gaps. Then the crabs get released in the middle of the circle. if you flinch, you're a chicken and subject to ridicule. Fun times.

TCD

There's a story behind that blender. I was going to rent a machine for Jason's 40th. They're crazy expensive. I thought, well I could own a Margaritaville for that price. So I do.

Dang, it looks like the GaDawgFans should change their names to the MacGyver's... They have a gadget, item or utensil for just about anything or any purpose... If they don't have it, then you don't need it.... I want to camp with you guys...

Let's recap just a few of the things that I have seen so far.... we have Egg's, and margarita machines, hammocks, jeeps, bikes, bike carts, swimmies, water guns, sand buckets, folding tables, all sorts of cooking utensils, chairs, e-z up's, box fans.... and there is no telling what else we may see before this trip report is done...

I can't say anything though, because I carry a lot of things as well. I am too afraid to weigh the camper because I just may find out that I have too much stuff....

Hey, I never claimed to pack light, especially for 2 weeks. But you're right, we've collected some pretty cool stuff over time. Don't hate. Just come to a GG I can attend and what's ours is yours!

There's a story behind that blender. I was going to rent a machine for Jason's 40th. They're crazy expensive. I thought, well I could own a Margaritaville for that price. So I do.

That's how we ended up with our "fun stuff" too. Wanted to have an outdoor movie night at our house, would have cost $350 for a company to do it, so we bought a projector for $250 and use it a lot during summer and every night for our Christmas decorations. Same with our bounce house and blow up up water slide, we found good deals and my friend and I go in on 1/2 and just share the bounce house and water slide.

Hey, I never claimed to pack light, especially for 2 weeks. But you're right, we've collected some pretty cool stuff over time. Don't hate. Just come to a GG I can attend and what's ours is yours!

Absolutely no hatin' here, I'm taking notes!  I too want to have what I "need" at my fingertips...  I will be the one when I die who has a U-haul trailer connected to the hearse.... I'm gonna try to take it all with me!   :hah:

That's how we ended up with our "fun stuff" too. Wanted to have an outdoor movie night at our house, would have cost $350 for a company to do it, so we bought a projector for $250 and use it a lot during summer and every night for our Christmas decorations. Same with our bounce house and blow up up water slide, we found good deals and my friend and I go in on 1/2 and just share the bounce house and water slide.

Yep, it's often near the same price just to buy the stuff.

I am pretty sure your neighbors did not hate you. In fact they were probably trying to figure out how to become your new best friends.

They smelled it for about 16 hours. We had lots of people walking by. I'm sure they hated us. I offered some, but they probably thought I was just being polite.