One other thing to remember is that you can add park hopping to a base ticket at any time.  I usually tell people not to buy it until they're sure they're going to use it. 

You may find that one park per day is plenty, in which case you'll save yourselves some money.  :)

I hadn't thought of adding PH after the fact.  That's a terrific suggestions, especially since my niece and her family (5 year old and infant) are First Timers.  One park a day may be absolutely all they can do.  Maybe I should just plan on NOT buying PH and plan a touch more carefully for park-going.

Thank you for the tip!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome, Laurel!   October is a great time to visit the Fort.   I'll take a stab at your questions:   Golf Cart:  One golf cart plus bikes will work.  Yeah, it would be nice to have enough for everyon

Looks like you've already got lots of great information; the only thing I'd add... is make sure to save a day for relaxing at the Fort.  There is a lot to do there (or you can do nothing :) ).  Have a

Welcome

I would also recommend getting a full hoop up site and with the size of your group I would request to be near a comfort station.  You will also have a better chance to park 2 vehicles at a site on the full hook up loops. I am assuming ya'll will have multiple vehicles with the size of your group.   I would rent a 6 seat cart from an outside company.  I also wanted to mention that there are internal buses that stop near the entrance of all loops that go anywhere you need in the campground that your mother on her scooter and some of the crew could use to haul baby equipment.  

Hello!  Thanks so much for the welcome!

Yup, we'll definitely have multiple vehicles.  And multiple bikes, and multiple coolers, and multiple...you get the idea.  :)  So parking will be an issue, no doubt.  Is there an overflow sort of lot where we could park the "extra" cars for the week? 

Internal buses?!  Oh, this is wonderful to hear!  That will definitely make getting all of us and the gear out and about!  Thanks for sharing!

Welcome!!! There is so much to do right at the Fort that getting tickets for only half your stay is great.

Take the kids fishing, go to the pool, play games, relax, and go to the campfire with Chip n Dale.

Hello, and thank you! 

That is precisely what I was thinking, trying to plan everything out.  (Not entirely sure how I ended up Julie, Cruise Director, but I'm trying to "own" the position.)  I want everyone to have time to just flake out and roam around while enjoying the Disney magic.  Not to be morbid, but this will likely be the last big trip with my mom and I don't want to miss a minute, rushing around.  I am hoping to keep our pace slow enough to savor every moment. 

The campfire with Chip 'n Dale is one thing I am most looking forward to!  I've been one other time, when I was seven.  :)

We just made two Mickey lampposts. Start early it took us a while to get all the pieces. Unless you live in Florida you have to order them. We had to use amazon to get the globes we wanted.

Most of the bike rides took us fifteen minutes. You need lights after dark. It is really dark in some areas.

I have a list of the necessary parts.  Was it very difficult?  I think I'm reasonably handy but I don't do electric stuff.  Really hoping my fourteen year old and I can figure it out.  I love the look of the Mickey lamps!  So cute!

Okay, so this may be the corniest thing ever, but I am making headlamps for my younger campers.  Dewalt has these useful battery lights on a headband.  I've been experimenting with adding ears to headbands, made from glow sticks that are easily replaceable.  My husband thinks I've lost my mind.  I have Disney-it is something fierce these days!

P.S. Your pup is a cutie! 

Hi Meir...  Even though we live within sight of the Mountain, we haven't been to the LaserShow in about 10 years, but have promised the kids we will go this summer, probably before we take off for Dollywood in a few weeks.  

Sorry I forgot to mention the internal busses.  Unless we are close to the Settlement, we always use the internal busses to get to either the Outpost or the Settlement.  If we're in 100-300, 400, 700, and maybe a few others we walk to the Settlement to catch either the boat to MK or the bus to the Outpost.  And before someone else chimes in, we ALWAYS use Disney transportation to go anywhere on property.  We NEVER drive to the parks, beaches, resorts, etc.  

In theory you are supposed to keep only one vehicle at a campsite (not always enforced), but there is what is called the overflow lot near the checkin building for any extra vehicles....not including GC's and scooters.  You will need parking permits for the windshield of each vehicle including the camping vehicles.  the permits are also good for free parking anywhere on Disney property including the parking lots for the Parks if you choose to drive.

Yes, there is an overflow lot to park extra cars. "Officially" the rule is one vehicle per campsite, and the rest of the vehicles in the overflow, but in reality, if they fit on the pavement, you can have two vehicles at each site.

and yes there are internal busses, and they are accessible, but as I said, it takes so long to load and unload the scooter on the internal buses, and the ride is so short, that someone can drive the scooter on the sidewalks to the main bus stop or boat dock faster than the bus can take you.

Here's my suggestion.... Don't hop.

Great suggestion.  

Agree

Unless you've been to WDW so many times that you've reached the point where you're cherry picking specific attractions in multiple parks, I don't think the time and effort for such a large group to park hop is worth it. 

Even now, where it's free, I don't park hop.

About the only time we park hop is when we finish a park one of us likes less than another...EPCOT for DW and AK for me.  Then we will sometimes go back to the MK for some evening time (or a fudge run), and it's only a quick boat ride back to the Fort.  It's really something we could do without.

Glad the mickey lamps were mentioned.  I have some repair work to do on two of mine.  That plastic globe will crack when it is knocked over.

I hop. But typically only one day. My traveling partners, my wife and mother, have no interest in DHS. So, I let them sleep in while I hit DHS, then meet them at AK. A half a day at AK is usually plenty, and my morning at DHS is enough to hit the highlights for me. So, it may be worth it to get hoppers for those who will use them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We hop, a lot, but there are only 2 of us, and we're there for a long enough chunk of time that we're never looking to do an entire park (or most of one) in a single day.  A lot of times our hopping revolves around a meal at a particular place, or a "hey do you feel like...."

And sometimes just for giggles we hit multiple parks in a day.

But y'all know I'm crazy like that.  8)

We hop, a lot, but there are only 2 of us, and we're there for a long enough chunk of time that we're never looking to do an entire park (or most of one) in a single day.  A lot of times our hopping revolves around a meal at a particular place, or a "hey do you feel like...."

And sometimes just for giggles we hit multiple parks in a day.

But y'all know I'm crazy like that.  8)

Nuckin Futs.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, just because I've lost count of the number of times I've gone to 4 parks in one day...

fou33.gif

All FOUR Parks in one day?!  I don't think I was ever up to that, even at my most-Disney-fit!  Wow!  I bow to your superior enthusiasm and stamina. 

Now, about those waffles.... ;)

All FOUR Parks in one day?!  I don't think I was ever up to that, even at my most-Disney-fit!  Wow!  I bow to your superior enthusiasm and stamina. 

Eh, that's child's play, I know folks that have been to a headliner at SEVEN parks in one day, then finished the night at Pleasure Island......

Yes, they started the morning at Bush Gardens in Tampa, then bounced over to Universal and did a headliner in each of those parks, then over to the 4 parks at Disney, then ended the evening (next morning) with the HOOPLA at the Adventurer's Club.

I also know folks that have been to the Magic Kingdom AND Disneyland on the same day.

Everytime I say "we're just crazy" my SIL says, "we're not crazy, we're enthusiastic!"

As for stamina... 3am dance parties definitely help keep you awake.  Although those dance moves should never be seen by another living being.   :rofl2:  

I did four parks in one day with Mo and some other Wild Womenz in Jan.

One of my best days ever!  :rollercoaster:

:heartsmiley:

I also know folks that have been to the Magic Kingdom AND Disneyland on the same day.

A 6 park coast-to-coast mission is on the list...  8)

Eh, that's child's play, I know folks that have been to a headliner at SEVEN parks in one day, then finished the night at Pleasure Island......

Yes, they started the morning at Bush Gardens in Tampa, then bounced over to Universal and did a headliner in each of those parks, then over to the 4 parks at Disney, then ended the evening (next morning) with the HOOPLA at the Adventurer's Club.

Sil's friends pulled off both coasts in 24 hours.