Transportation things that I didn't know about.

Another example of people who because they ride WDW buses maybe once a year, feel qualified to answer all bus transportation questions on the internet.

Someone asked.
At closing time, and after most guests have left AK, what are the buses immediately outside the entrance that have "Tiana" on the marquee?

These are the answers from the experts.

1 - They are for employees.

2 - Once AK is nearly clear of guests, they close the normal bus loading zones. The buses then line up to take the last of the park guests exiting the park to their resorts. The bus will go to whatever resort based on the destination of those last guests.

The load zones close and the buses are sent away after the park is cleared of all guests, so no need to line up buses for park stragglers because there aren't any.

3 - They put Tiana on the marquee to avoid any confusion about where the bus is going.

4 - It's for employees, or buses that are "out of service" waiting for a new driver.

5 - Rather than having "out of service" on the marquee, they put something that is a little Disney-esque, like a character name or something.

Drivers have absolutely no control over when Tiana, or any other character name, appears on the marquee. It's a software thing and appears whenever the software decides that the circumstances call for it.

Each dispatching software version is assigned a character name and it shows up whenever the program thinks it should. It may show up between runs, before or after a bus has gotten it's next run. It's like, uhh, I don't have a destination yet and I don't want to be blank, so I'll put up the character name so that guests will ask bus drivers a million times what it means.

6 - I saw it leaving the AK at the end of the day and asked the driver what the buses were for. He said "cast members".

7 - It was one of the weeks when lots of College Program kids were starting. I assumed it was to bring them in for a park tour.

How do you stack up against the experts?. Which, if any, of the answers is correct?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have learned that waiting on Disney transportation beats waiting on your family to get ready to go anywhere while on vacation.

I have an even better approach.  When staying at the Fort, we leave our campsite around 2 hours before we want to hit a park.  We drive offsite to the Hampton Inn on 192, where we help ourselves to th

I think it might be time for this video.   Crank up the volume, make it full screen size, and enjoy!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

So much for the experts. None of their answers were correct.

Once AK is cleared of all guests, and if the Rainforest Café is still open, drivers are either sent to another park to finish their shift or they're told to get in the Rainforest line.

There is a bus CM where the first bus is asking guests coming out of the Rainforest what is their resort.

They are told to board the bus, the driver is told what resort or resorts to go to and off they go.

Tiana on the marquee means absolutely nothing.