Transportation things that I didn't know about.

I learned from that other board that a good way to get to Epcot from the Fort is to take the boat from the Fort to TTC, then the monorail to Epcot.

And I found the strategy below very interesting.

I guess I don't know as much about getting around WDW as I thought I did.

"The way we get around the distance from parking lots to MK? Park at EPCOT and ride the monorail from there."

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have learned that waiting on Disney transportation beats waiting on your family to get ready to go anywhere while on vacation.

I have an even better approach.  When staying at the Fort, we leave our campsite around 2 hours before we want to hit a park.  We drive offsite to the Hampton Inn on 192, where we help ourselves to th

I think it might be time for this video.   Crank up the volume, make it full screen size, and enjoy!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

I learned from that other board that a good way to get to Epcot from the Fort is to take the boat from the Fort to TTC, then the monorail to Epcot.

And I found the strategy below very interesting.

I guess I don't know as much about getting around WDW as I thought I did.

"The way we get around the distance from parking lots to MK? Park at EPCOT and ride the monorail from there."

And we've been listening to you all these years. :rotfl6:

He could be on to at least one thing. I don't see anyone saying to take the buses. 

And we've been listening to you all these years. :rotfl6:

Good thing I'm leaving transportation, I know nothing.

He could be on to at least one thing. I don't see anyone saying to take the buses. 

Silver lining.

That's funny right there ;)

And sad too.

I have an even better approach.  When staying at the Fort, we leave our campsite around 2 hours before we want to hit a park.  We drive offsite to the Hampton Inn on 192, where we help ourselves to the free breakfast.  They offer transportation to the parks, and we usually don't have to wait more than an hour for their van to take us to our park of choice.  At the end of our park day, I call the hotel and they send the van back for us, typically within 60-90 minutes.  After a drive back to the Fort it's bed time.  Easy peasy, and I don't have to deal with Disney transportation.

I have an even better approach.  When staying at the Fort, we leave our campsite around 2 hours before we want to hit a park.  We drive offsite to the Hampton Inn on 192, where we help ourselves to the free breakfast.  They offer transportation to the parks, and we usually don't have to wait more than an hour for their van to take us to our park of choice.  At the end of our park day, I call the hotel and they send the van back for us, typically within 60-90 minutes.  After a drive back to the Fort it's bed time.  Easy peasy, and I don't have to deal with Disney transportation.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that approach.

More:

"Would I do better to go to TTC and transfer to a westside DTD bus?"

Good luck finding that bus.

"Speaking of Uber I see they just went live in Orlando. Disneyworld should prove to be a very popular for the Uber drivers.
They will decimate Mears business in Orlando."
This person is a transportation genius.
"Uber" is a new app that connects with a car service. But it's a regular person that picks you up with their personal car.

This will decimate Mears, really?

Would you use it?

More:

"Would I do better to go to TTC and transfer to a westside DTD bus?"

Good luck finding that bus.

"Speaking of Uber I see they just went live in Orlando. Disneyworld should prove to be a very popular for the Uber drivers.
They will decimate Mears business in Orlando."
This person is a transportation genius.
"Uber" is a new app that connects with a car service. But it's a regular person that picks you up with their personal car.

This will decimate Mears, really?

Would you use it?

Is that the car service that advertises with mustaches on the front of the cars?  They've operated in Nashville for a while and I see the cars occasionally, but can't imagine doing that.  Guess I'm an old fuddy dud that I won't get in some random person's car just because it has a mustache.  

Guess I'm an old fuddy dud that I won't get in some random person's car just because it has a mustache.  

What if the person has a mustache?

Use the Segways that are hidden behind the 4th tree to the right of the Trading Post and take the secret tunnel under the lake from the Fort to the MK.  You come out inside of Cinderella's Castle.

Shhhhhh!!!! That's our secret!

"At Disney the normal headway is supposed to be every 20 minutes which makes the average wait about 10 minutes. Except I heard a rumor that to and from a few resorts the normal headway is every 30 minutes (average wait 15 minutes) apparently due to some internal accounting and budgeting."

WHAT!

Getting to the HDDMR from Epcot.

"My thinking is that I'd probably rather a 15 minute boat ride than a 12 minute internal bus ride at Fort Wilderness, so I am leaning toward parking at the Contemporary and taking the boat from there."

This is a new one on me.

Getting to the HDDMR from Epcot.

"My thinking is that I'd probably rather a 15 minute boat ride than a 12 minute internal bus ride at Fort Wilderness, so I am leaning toward parking at the Contemporary and taking the boat from there."

This is a new one on me.

Let me interpret for you. 

What they mean is....if I have to share transportation with a bunch of filthy campers, I'd rather it be on an open air boat than a closed up bus.