Transportation things that I didn't know about.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have learned that waiting on Disney transportation beats waiting on your family to get ready to go anywhere while on vacation.

I have an even better approach.  When staying at the Fort, we leave our campsite around 2 hours before we want to hit a park.  We drive offsite to the Hampton Inn on 192, where we help ourselves to th

I think it might be time for this video.   Crank up the volume, make it full screen size, and enjoy!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

Yes, we park the truck and rarely use it at WDW.

Go from your campsite to the Settlement/Marina to catch a boat to MK, Contemporary, or Wilderness Lodge

Go from your campsite to the Outpost to catch a bus to Epcot, Studios, Animal Kingdom, DTD, Blizzard Beach, or Typhoon Lagoon (although from what I've read, you may have to go to Epcot to get to TL in the afternoons due to construction).

You can also catch a bus to Wilderness Lodge from the Settlement Bus Stop

You really like the Wilderness Lodge don't you?  Is it the Territory Lounge or the Magic Cookie Bars?

Not really Fort related, but definitely transportation related. 

We will be at the Fort 6/29 thru 7/5 or 6.  We are not going to parks, will probably do resort hopping and go off property to SeaWorld since we have passes besides chilling at the Fort.

My in laws are going to be there the same time, but they are staying in a Treehouse.  I know they have plans for MK and I'm guessing the other parks since it's the grandkids first visit here.

Any hints on the best way for them to get to the different parks?  I know it'll be all busses or possibly taking their car, but any routes better than others?

Also if you are a guest, do you have to pay parking if you drive?

Not really Fort related, but definitely transportation related. 

We will be at the Fort 6/29 thru 7/5 or 6.  We are not going to parks, will probably do resort hopping and go off property to SeaWorld since we have passes besides chilling at the Fort.

My in laws are going to be there the same time, but they are staying in a Treehouse.  I know they have plans for MK and I'm guessing the other parks since it's the grandkids first visit here.

Any hints on the best way for them to get to the different parks?  I know it'll be all busses or possibly taking their car, but any routes better than others?

Also if you are a guest, do you have to pay parking if you drive?

Do not have to pay for parking, you get a pass to keep in the window and that covers it. I will let others chime in on the transport issue. I have never stayed at the Treehouses.

Is it just the Fort experts on the other board that do this? Does anyone here do it?

If you do, do you agree that it only takes 30 minutes to get to Epcot from the FW boat dock?

"For EPCOT we also take the boat to the Contemporary and then the monorail to the TTC and onto EPCOT. - we figure 30 minutes +/-."

MIL & FIL did this on our trip last month while we drove to epcot with the girls. We had been in epcot for over an hour when they texted us to tell us they were about to arrive at Epcot via monorail.

I would bet that it takes 30 minutes from the dock to get to the monorail platform at the Contemporary sometimes.

Like the Fort, bus transportation from the TH to the attractions is a 2 step process. You take the internal bus from the TH to SSR, get off, and catch another bus to the attractions.

For MK I would definitely take the bus, and for the other destinations driving is a good option if they know their way around.

Not much difference between the routes, just stay away from DTD.

Like the Fort, bus transportation from the TH to the attractions is a 2 step process. You take the internal bus from the TH to SSR, get off, and catch another bus to the attractions.

For MK I would definitely take the bus, and for the other destinations driving is a good option if they know their way around.

Not much difference between the routes, just stay away from DTD.

Thanks Lou.

That's kind of what I was figuring.

Since we aren't doing parks a bus or boat ride is no big deal to us, but this is a big trip for them and I'm sure they will want to have as much time as possible in the Parks.

So SSR is Saratoga? 

These people want to get to HS from TE.

"Boat to WL and catch their HS bus?"

Here's an option that almost makes sense. Ok, not really, I was just being kind.

Why take the boat to the WL from the Fort? Why not just take the WL bus?

But even that is not the best way because if you pick up the HS bus at WL, that same bus has to stop at the Fort, so why not just take the internal bus to the Outpost and catch the HS bus three? You'll avoid an additional stop.

If you ride the same buss long enough, eventualy it might make from MK to Epcot.

Most buses shut down or are temporarily taken out of service for various reasons during the day, so you'd be limited as to how long you'd be able to stay on the same bus.

I can't come up with a regular routing scenario that takes a bus from MK to Epcot. To AK and HS, yes. From TTC to Epcot, yes, they're routine.