Transportation things that I didn't know about.

Just because I'm part time and even though I have an outstanding and flawless job performance record, they still will not make any accommodations on my schedule.

After 6 years, I should get some consideration and shouldn't be scheduled for 3:30 and 4:30am shifts on a regular basis.

That's ridiculous that they treat someone with your tenure that way.  I think it's time for you to resign and become Gail's full time cabana boy. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have learned that waiting on Disney transportation beats waiting on your family to get ready to go anywhere while on vacation.

I have an even better approach.  When staying at the Fort, we leave our campsite around 2 hours before we want to hit a park.  We drive offsite to the Hampton Inn on 192, where we help ourselves to th

I think it might be time for this video.   Crank up the volume, make it full screen size, and enjoy!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

The question is, what is the best way to get to the WL from POR?

This is one of the responses.

"grab the first bus that shows up, (any park), and get off bus and transfer to WL bus back from that park."

Really, what if it's an AK bus?

Go all the way to AK and then all the way back to the WL, I don't think so.

The best way is to take a cab, but if you've got some dumb rationalization to not cough up the $20, then take the MK bus and then the WL bus.

I have a better way. From WL take the boat to MK, then the ferry to TTC, then the monorail to Epcot, walk out the World show case to Beach club, take the buss to DTD then the boat to POR.

I have to admit, that is a better way. Well, at least the transportation experts on the other board would think so.

However there is a weak link in your method.

Due to the construction and the fact that the Marketplace bus depot is so badly screwed up that the bus drivers have no clue where to go, it might take you 2 days to get to the POR.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a good one. I never heard of such a trial.

Uhh, what are "transpiration buses"

"A while back there was talk about a trial of some for of FP+ for the transpiration buses and resort guests booking a time for pick up has there been anymore word on this ?"

Oh that one is priceless!

From Wikipedia... "Transpiration is the process of water movement through a plant and its evaporation from aerial parts, such as from leaves but also from stems and flowers."

So in this context... ok, I got nuthin'

Seriously, scheduling bus pickup might actually make me a huge fan of FP+

But the question is, what tier does that fall under and if I book bus pickup can I still get a FP for TSM?  :rofl2:

Here's a good one. I never heard of such a trail.

"A while back there was talk about a trial of some for of FP+ for the transpiration buses and resort guests booking a time for pick up has there been anymore word on this ?"

Are you posting this under an anonymous user?

I can't even imagine the transportation fiasco and waste of fuel.

Are you posting this under an anonymous user?

Ooh... hadn't thought of that, but it makes perfect sense. 

Lou gets bored between Disney gigs and decides to stir up some trouble on the interwebz. What better way to do that then start completely ridiculous rumors?

Yep, I'd believe that.  8)

Are you posting this under an anonymous user?.

Like many other original Fiends, I'm banned from where I read that post.

It's a copy and paste, no editing.

Lou gets bored between Disney gigs and decides to stir up some trouble on the interwebz. What better way to do that then start completely ridiculous rumors?

I do, but not that bored, and I couldn't come up with that post.

Here's a good one. I never heard of such a trail.

I think it might be time for this video.  

Crank up the volume, make it full screen size, and enjoy!

Full disclaimer, that was posted by a Canadian, so we'll have to cut them a little slack, but not too much.

Here's more from the same post.

"Some of the resorts had some kind of video display thing going on showing bus arrival times.... I think if I'm remembering right.

Just wondering if this trial has died or did more come of it?"

Full disclaimer, that was posted by a Canadian, so we'll have to cut them a little slack, but not too much.

Here's more from the same post.

"Some of the resorts had some kind of video display thing going on showing bus arrival times.... I think if I'm remembering right.

Just wondering if this trial has died or did more come of it?"

Wasn't there a time recently where they had monitors at the Grand Floridian showing estimated bus arrival times?

TCD

Wasn't there a time recently where they had monitors at the Grand Floridian showing estimated bus arrival times?

TCD

That part of that post is based on reality.

The monitors are, or were being, being tested at several resorts. Don't know if any decision has been reached on whether or not they'll be permanent.

We view the boats as much of our Disney experience as we do some of the rides, same with the monorail. We look forward to the boat rides, the kids always make sure to point out all of the shoes hanging from the tree as we pass by, and every one of our trips includes at least one go on the monorail starting at the Magic Kingdom and traveling all the way back to.......you guessed it, the Magic Kingdom.

Some of the advice from the other board is downright humorous, some of it got me thinking about all the different ways to get around Disney using something other than a bus. After 17 hours in an RV I darn sure don't wont to drive again until I have to leave.

Sounds like us too, Tim!

I drive most of the 1400 miles each way.  I sure as heck don't want to drive once I'm there.

We have occasionally done the "what's the most convoluted way we can get somewhere without driving" thing.  We once did the boat-monorail-monorail-boat route to Epcot for dinner in World Showcase.

It gets interesting if you throw a resort or DTD in the mix.  Or if you've left the golf cart at one end of the Fort and realize that a direct route back from wherever you are will put you at the "wrong" end.

On a really good park hopping day when we actually did take the car, we've still managed to hit nearly all form of Disney transport - parking trams included.