Transportation things that I didn't know about.

POP was fairly new

Pop opened in 2003 and a lot has changed in eleven years.

My husband refuses to stay at POP because of that week.

Some say that Pop has the best transportation. I can't confirm that one way or the other.

They do contract for a shorter interval between buses during opening, but just by a few minutes.

And the bus fleet is almost twice as large since it opened.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have learned that waiting on Disney transportation beats waiting on your family to get ready to go anywhere while on vacation.

I have an even better approach.  When staying at the Fort, we leave our campsite around 2 hours before we want to hit a park.  We drive offsite to the Hampton Inn on 192, where we help ourselves to th

I think it might be time for this video.   Crank up the volume, make it full screen size, and enjoy!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

Look at the gem I stumbled across. Who posted it?

"Way back when TTC was still in play we almost always took buses/watercraft, but now you're fairly limited like bus to EPCOT vice bus to TTC and then monorail. This last time we drove more than we ever did before, but never to MK. However, a lot of our park visits were only for several hours ... don't think we ever stayed more than 4 hours at any park so driving made sense for us since it cut down by at least half the total travel time."

What ?

"but now you're fairly limited like bus to EPCOT vice bus to TTC and then monorail"

Look at the gem I stumbled across. Who posted it?

"Way back when TTC was still in play we almost always took buses/watercraft, but now you're fairly limited like bus to EPCOT vice bus to TTC and then monorail. This last time we drove more than we ever did before, but never to MK. However, a lot of our park visits were only for several hours ... don't think we ever stayed more than 4 hours at any park so driving made sense for us since it cut down by at least half the total travel time."

What ?

"but now you're fairly limited like bus to EPCOT vice bus to TTC and then monorail"

Has a certain "Cupcakeness" to it...but he doesn't seem to post anymore.  

Has a certain "Cupcakeness" to it...but he doesn't seem to post anymore.  

Very perceptive.

Somehow someone posted a response on bus thread thinking that it was recent, but it was 3 years old. And guess who had posted way back then?

I'm weak and couldn't resist the temptation.

Is that a sentence?

In English?

Kinda, sorta, maybe.

Talk about a sad transportation post. Did she really have to tell us that?

"When DH was alive we always rented a car and used it to go everywhere. We liked the freedom and we always had a seat.

Without him I do not get a rental, largely because I don't do many ADRs. If you are going to have the car anyway you should try using it and see what form of transportation you like best."

This person must really like WDW Transportation. I wonder how long it took them?

It's an excellent plan if you're not doing the parks but want to get the Disney feel.

"We did a side trip to DTD one year and did the following...

Took a bus to WL,

boat to CR,

Monorail to TTC,

Monorail look around Epcot

and then back to TTC.

Quick stop at Poly for a Dole Whip,

boat to MK dock,

bus to Port Orleans

and then boat back to DTD."

You've now hit upon one of the other hallmarks of "elsewhere"... highly personal over-sharing in the context of answering a simple question about a theme park.

This person must really like WDW Transportation. I wonder how long it took them?

It's an excellent plan if you're not doing the parks but want to get the Disney feel.

Took a bus to WL,

boat to CR,

Monorail to TTC,

and then back to TTC.

boat to MK dock,

bus to Port Orleans

Um... that totally sounds like something we'd do.  8)

(you're shocked, I'm sure)

"When DH was alive we always rented a car and used it to go everywhere. We liked the freedom and we always had a seat.

Without him I do not get a rental, largely because I don't do many ADRs. If you are going to have the car anyway you should try using it and see what form of transportation you like best."

:(  I think she sounds sad and lonely.

Took a bus to WL,

boat to CR,

Monorail to TTC,

and then back to TTC.

boat to MK dock,

bus to Port Orleans

Sadlly, I'm not hip on Disney abbreviations (lost on "WL" and "CR"). But, this last trip to Orlando- we did a few non-park things (hotels and restaurants, but no actual days in the park), so we did similar things to this. Lots of Monorail time as my 2 year old was infatuated with it and various boat rides to catch fireworks or whatnot different places.

So, totally makes sense to me. :)

Sadlly, I'm not hip on Disney abbreviations (lost on "WL" and "CR"). But, this last trip to Orlando- we did a few non-park things (hotels and restaurants, but no actual days in the park), so we did similar things to this. Lots of Monorail time as my 2 year old was infatuated with it and various boat rides to catch fireworks or whatnot different places.

So, totally makes sense to me. :)

WL = Wilderness Lodge

CR = Contemporary resort

Took a bus to WL,

boat to CR,

Monorail to TTC,

and then back to TTC.

boat to MK dock,

bus to Port Orleans

Sounds like a perfect lazy day to me :)

This person is going horseback riding at the Fort and needs to get back to the WL as quickly as possible afterwards.

"What is the fastest route from there to WL? Do I have enough time for the trip back? (Today it seemed to be less than an hour via bus and boat back to WL, mid afternoon. They encouraged us to use the WL bus instead)."

That was good advice about taking the bus from the Settlement to the WL. So far, so good.

"Let the ranch hands know about your plans and they can mount and dismount you first."

Mount and dismount first, hmmm? Really, will that make a difference?

"Tell the bus driver when you board the bus at the outpost what you are trying to do, he or she will then be able to let you know when the next connecting bus to WL is"

Good luck with that.

"you may find the launch quicker."

Unless the boat is about to leave and the bus just left the Fort, probably not.

"I asked at FW (bus driver) and at the WL (experienced guest) today.

One or both could be clueless.

I was told that from the WL the bus drops at Outpost first.

See what I mean.

I was also told that all transportation leaving FW is from the bus or boat, stops at the Settlement.

I'm confused by this statement.

So there is a bus that makes the loop - WL to Outpost to the Settlement and back to WL? "

This is news to me.

This person is in trouble. Maybe they should skip the horseback riding.

"Or am I overthinking it?"

Marty, Kelly, is that you?

This person is going horseback riding at the Fort and needs to get back to the WL as quickly as possible afterwards.

"What is the fastest route from there to WL? Do I have enough time for the trip back? (Today it seemed to be less than an hour via bus and boat back to WL, mid afternoon. They encouraged us to use the WL bus instead)."

That was good advice about taking the bus from the Settlement to the WL. So far, so good.

How is that good?

The horseback rides are at the Outpost.

Beyond any doubt, the fastest way for this guest to get to the Lodge is to take the Settlement Yellow bus from the Outpost. It will become the Wilderness Lodge bus when it gets to the Settlement, and take the guest directly to the Lodge from there.  No need to change buses.  One bus all the way there.

"So there is a bus that makes the loop - WL to Outpost to the Settlement and back to WL? "

This is news to me.

This person is in trouble. Maybe they should skip the horseback riding

Of course that's news to you, Schmuckface. You don't ride the buses. The Yellow bus route runs from the Outpost to Wilderness Lodge and back, making stops at the bus stops along Big Pine Drive.

What they say about bus drivers is true.

TCD

Of course that's news to you, Schmuckface. You don't ride the buses. The Yellow bus route runs from the Outpost to Wilderness Lodge and back, making stops at the bus stops along Big Pine Drive. What they say about bus drivers is true.

So there is a bus that goes from the WL, directly to the Outpost, then to the Settlement, and back to the WL?