Transportation things that I didn't know about.

The real question is... how did you get to MK in the first place, and unless you hopped there from another park, why wouldn't you just reverse that to get back to your hotel?

Coming over to TTC from MK, looking for a resort bus is not that uncommon. It happens quite a bit.

Many people who haven't visited in a long time still think that TTC is the main bus hub.

They also think that you have to show a park ticket in order to use the transportation system.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have learned that waiting on Disney transportation beats waiting on your family to get ready to go anywhere while on vacation.

I have an even better approach.  When staying at the Fort, we leave our campsite around 2 hours before we want to hit a park.  We drive offsite to the Hampton Inn on 192, where we help ourselves to th

I think it might be time for this video.   Crank up the volume, make it full screen size, and enjoy!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

Wait a minute....if I'm at Cinderella's castle, how do I get to Walt Disney World? I don't want to miss out on something fun..

Can I get a monorail to Florida Welcome center if I pay extra?

Is it true that an alligator has been flushed into the utilidors and is wreaking havoc?

Hopefully most people reading that are thinking, "why in the world didn't you just ASK" before traipsing all over creation trying to figure out how to get from A to B without a clue.

I hope that those who visit this site will do exactly that.

I popped in to the Fort last Sunday for a quick visit.

I parked in the main lot and took the first Settlement bus, which happened to be an Orange.

Along the way, we picked up a family at the bus stop outside the 2200 loop.  Cabin people.  We get to the Settlement, and on the way off the bus, they stop to ask the driver where to catch the bus to Hollywood Studios.  He tells them they need to stay on the bus, and go back through all the bus stops to the Outpost.

I visited Trail's End, and had a nice breakfast sandwich from the secret menu, and head back to the bus stop.

A Yellow bus pulls up, and the marquee changes to Wilderness Lodge.  A family exits there, asking the bus driver where to catch the bus to Animal Kingdom.  The bus driver tells them he's on the way to the Lodge, so they will need to get off the bus and wait for an Orange or Purple bus.  They all get off the bus, and then look at the big map posted there.  They got on the bus at the 1600 loop.  And rode all the way down to the Settlement.  Now, they had to wait for another bus to take them to the Outpost.  And, they had a breakfast reservation they were trying to make.

Why doesn't anyone look at the maps at the bus stops?

TCD

I hope that those who visit this site will do exactly that.

I popped in to the Fort last Sunday for a quick visit.

I parked in the main lot and took the first Settlement bus, which happened to be an Orange.

Along the way, we picked up a family at the bus stop outside the 2200 loop. Cabin people. We get to the Settlement, and on the way off the bus, they stop to ask the driver where to catch the bus to Hollywood Studios. He tells them they need to stay on the bus, and go back through all the bus stops to the Outpost.

I visited Trail's End, and had a nice breakfast sandwich from the secret menu, and head back to the bus stop.

A Yellow bus pulls up, and the marquee changes to Wilderness Lodge. A family exits there, asking the bus driver where to catch the bus to Animal Kingdom. The bus driver tells them he's on the way to the Lodge, so they will need to get off the bus and wait for an Orange or Purple bus. They all get off the bus, and then look at the big map posted there. They got on the bus at the 1600 loop. And rode all the way down to the Settlement. Now, they had to wait for another bus to take them to the Outpost. And, they had a breakfast reservation they were trying to make.

TCD

At that point could they also could have just stayed on to WL and caught the bus to AL there.

At that point could they also could have just stayed on to WL and caught the bus to AL there.

If the next stop was the Lodge, why not. That's what I would have told them.

I wonder why the driver told them that they need to get off and catch another bus back to the Outpost?

Agreed.  Neither bus driver offered that option.  With the second group, I was secretly hoping that the Yellow bus would make it back from the Lodge before an Orange or Purple bus showed up, because the bus driver that dropped them off specifically told them Orange or Purple, and as they stood and looked at the map, they remarked that the Yellow bus must not go to the Outpost.  They were in for future problems, because they were on the 1800 loop, and on the Yellow route.

These people were lucky, though, because the Orange bus pulled up shortly after, and the Animal Kingdom bus was at the Outpost and loading when we arrived there.

TCD

TCD

For the same reason they don't see the 10ft high signs on the Expressway that say, "THIS LANE ENDS IN 1/2 MILE" or "RIGHT LANE MUST EXIT".  They have have their head where the sun doesn't shine.

For the same reason they don't see the 10ft high signs on the Expressway that say, "THIS LANE ENDS IN 1/2 MILE" or "RIGHT LANE MUST EXIT".  They have have their head where the sun doesn't shine.

That is exactly why I NEVER hug the right lane in major city's. I don't want to get stuck in a situation where I have to exit and can't get over.

Here's a gem for you

"Got on bus back around 4:10- driver got lost!! Actually took us off property and I used the gps on my phone to get us back. We had to take 4 to maybe 528? Then 4 west to exit 65- then followed signs for world of sports. Felt bad for driver. He pulled over and requested help on the radio and no one would help him that was only bad part of day- he was hesitant to use my gps directions but they really left him no choice- sad"

Here's a gem for you

"Got on bus back around 4:10- driver got lost!! Actually took us off property and I used the gps on my phone to get us back. We had to take 4 to maybe 528? Then 4 west to exit 65- then followed signs for world of sports. Felt bad for driver. He pulled over and requested help on the radio and no one would help him that was only bad part of day- he was hesitant to use my gps directions but they really left him no choice- sad"

I'd like to know the full details of this story.

I assume that "world of sports" is the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.  That location isn't served by the regular Disney transportation system. 

My guess is that the person complaining was on a third party charter bus brought in for one of the race events.  Ultimately, if this did happen as described, it is Disney's fault, but it's a very isolated event.

TCD

There are buses from All-Stars, Caribbean?? and one other moderate over to WWoS. Because the majority of the teams playing in events stay in those resorts.

I know that there used to be dedicated bus service from one of the All Stars (and I think even DHS) to WWoS, but I think that stopped.

Now, they just provide transportation when it's needed.  And that is usually via a Mears bus, or some no-name charter bus that they bring in for the big events, like the races.

TCD

I know that there used to be dedicated bus service from one of the All Stars (and I think even DHS) to WWoS, but I think that stopped.

Now, they just provide transportation when it's needed.  And that is usually via a Mears bus, or some no-name charter bus that they bring in for the big events, like the races.

TCD

Aaaah, ok, like I said in another thread, the "Carol" crazy is a little behind lately :(

My guess is that the person complaining was on a third party charter bus brought in for one of the race events. 

Had to be.

Because the majority of the teams playing in events stay in those resorts.

Because teams can't depend on when and if they will all be able to get on a regular Disney bus, especially if they have equipment, it's mainly used by friends, family, and spectators.

I don't recall having participants whenever I did had that assignment.

And that is usually via a Mears bus, or some no-name charter bus that they bring in for the big events, like the races.

That's true for the teams, participants, and during large sporting events, but when they have what is considered normal demand at WWOS, they're able to use the standard Disney buses.