50 Years, 9 Nights, 5 Beds and 1 Big Fat Mistake

Great morning pix. Beautiful.

Can't wait to hear about Cocos.

I wovve the early morning phone calls.

Brilliant!!!

My BIL did that to us one time at a hotel. I wish I would have thought about calling him the next morning. I've got to remember that. Lol.

I did the next day out out the little card ordering him breakfast to be delivered at 6:00 am. I ordered him sunny side up eggs because he hates eggs.

Vengeance is sweet.

Sunny side up eggs for someone who hates eggs would be a disgusting thing to see on your plate.  Nicely played. 

How fun to wake up and look at your sunrise over the ocean photos.  

While I was looking at them the Gloria Patri was running through my head.  

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow!"

Thanks, Dave!

Glad I could sweeten your morning, Marty! 

Could you have gone in the pools at that hour if you wanted to? What about the rock wall? Is the track open 24/7?

The ship looks huge, especially the adult pool area.  Makes me think of a floating luxury hotel. Ok, I guess it is. My only cruise experience is the Dream and I didn't feel that way on that ship.

Thanks for this TR. I'm weighing Disney vs. RCCL for our next cruise so I'm paying close attention. I'm mainly considering RCCL because of price, although also thinking whether my teen boys are too "old" for Disney cruise and would find more to do on another ship. Does bungee / rock wall cost extra $ ?. 

I'll admit I would have done the same thing as revenge toward those jerks. Although maybe not as many times because I would be afraid that if they had any brain cells left they might have figured out and there would be more early am knocks on the door, or worse. 

No, the pools were closed then.  They had netting over the steps to try to keep people out.  Likewise, the rock wall was closed, as was the bungee jump.  Those had posted hours and were staffed during those times to ensure safely.  They were gated off during closed times.  And no, those features did not cost extra and one was free to use them as often as they liked during the open hours. 

The track is just a designated walking/jogging loop in Deck 10 that is open at all times.  It's not a very long loop, but it was a nice enough surface for someone who wanted to get a run in.  They also used it for a group walk later in the cruise that was a fund raiser for Make a Wish.  I thought that was nice.  They raised several thousand dollars during the cruise. 

Sounds like you are weighing all of the Disney vs RCCL aspects as we did before this trip.  I hope that by the end of this report I've helped you with your decision in some way. 

Oh, I would have been ANGRY to be woken up like that. I have the same problem falling back asleep as you. Good job getting them back. Assholes.

Love the morning pictures.

We've learned something about Kelly this morning.  She's not afraid of using the more color aspects of the English language.  LOL!  Nicely done.  But Mrs. TCD would not be amused. 

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I broke my no trip report rule and read this one SO FAR. The picture count better ramp up or I am going back to my rule.   I have had a sun pass for a few yrs and it is great although I usually on

Toll booths SMB. If you don't have Ez pass and are driving to the shore you are crazy. The high speed ez pass lanes are sweet.

Andrew, are you trying to get me to read one of your TR's?       sent from that black box sitting on my desk using my fingers on the typing thingy

The track is just a designated walking/jogging loop in Deck 10 that is open at all times.  It's not a very long loop, but it was a nice enough surface for someone who wanted to get a run in.  They also used it for a group walk later in the cruise that was a fund raiser for Make a Wish.  I thought that was nice.  They raised several thousand dollars during the cruise. 

Do you remember how many laps it was to a mile on the loop?  Just curious.  I absolutely loved running in circles on the Dream, dodging people and shuffleboards along the way.

Awesome about them raising so much money for MAK.

You're right. I probably shouldn't have said that. Oops. I'm tired this morning, so it was easy to think how mad I'd be.

LOL....never mess with a tired Mama.

Do you remember how many laps it was to a mile on the loop?  Just curious.  I absolutely loved running in circles on the Dream, dodging people and shuffleboards along the way.

Awesome about them raising so much money for MAK.

I don't know how many laps it was, and I never ran it.  Didn't even bring running clothes on this trip.  I wanted a break. 

Your phone calls are classic. I wish we had video of both ends of those calls.

Video would have been funny for sure.  Well, to some of us anyways. 

LOL! Must be.

I never knew sand was so nutritious. 

Seriously, next time you are going to make phone calls like that, at least be alittle more considerate.

Next time, record it for the amusement of your devoted fans.

What was I thinking?

Revenge is so fun! I keep saying "woom service" to myself and giggling - you just made my day!

Glad I could make you giggle, Misty! 

Excellent update.

I loved each and every one of the sunrise photos.  Awesome!

Good job with your neighbors.  Luckily, we've never had an experience like that.  I don't think it is something that would be likely to happen on a Disney cruise.

Looking forward to hearing about Coco Cay.  I've been there a couple of times.  I think I might even be able to dig up some old TCD moustache pics.

You are correct that Mrs. TCD would not approve of GDF's choice of words.  But, if she had been the one awakened at 3 am, she might let it slide just this once.

TCD

After seeing your beautiful pictures, I really want to go on another cruise. Of course I could do without the drunk idiots banging on my door at 3:00am. Loved your payback!

Book it!  Minus the drunk idiots. 

Excellent update.

I loved each and every one of the sunrise photos.  Awesome!

Good job with your neighbors.  Luckily, we've never had an experience like that.  I don't think it is something that would be likely to happen on a Disney cruise.

Looking forward to hearing about Coco Cay.  I've been there a couple of times.  I think I might even be able to dig up some old TCD moustache pics.

You are correct that Mrs. TCD would not approve of GDF's choice of words.  But, if she had been the one awakened at 3 am, she might let it slide just this once.

TCD

There's a fine line between having enough sunrise photos and having too many.  I hope I didn't cross it. 

I should be getting to Coco Cay in the next update, but I'm not sure when that will be.  I'm flying home to Nashville at the moment, and have a busy evening ahead of me.  We'll see. 

"you order woom service?"   :rofl2: 

Your sunrise photos are beautiful!

Thanks Gwen. 

Great photos so far.  Love the sunrise shots.  I never get up early enough for that. lol

If anyone remembers, from the Cruises forum, I was just on the Grandeur of the Seas with my mother at the beginning of June.  It is a sister ship to the Enchantment.  It's interesting to see what changed when they did the enhancement.

Here's the pool area on the Lady G (as she is called)

10444731_4345081280508_19904627111717858

And I agree about sitting in the Centrum.  We spent a lot of time there.  My mother and I would listen to the dance music every day before and after dinner.

Great photos so far.  Love the sunrise shots.  I never get up early enough for that. lol

If anyone remembers, from the Cruises forum, I was just on the Grandeur of the Seas with my mother at the beginning of June.  It is a sister ship to the Enchantment.  It's interesting to see what changed when they did the enhancement.

Here's the pool area on the Lady G (as she is called)

10444731_4345081280508_19904627111717858

And I agree about sitting in the Centrum.  We spent a lot of time there.  My mother and I would listen to the dance music every day before and after dinner.

That's a great perspective, Lynn!  

I see many similarities...with the most striking differences being to those two big bridges on Enhancement and the different canopies over the hot tubs.  

Anna loved the music every night before dinner.  A little too much at times....as she tried (and succeeded once) getting up on stage with the singers.  

That's a great perspective, Lynn!  

I see many similarities...with the most striking differences being to those two big bridges on Enhancement and the different canopies over the hot tubs.  

Anna loved the music every night before dinner.  A little too much at times....as she tried (and succeeded once) getting up on stage with the singers.  

Please tell us you got a picture of that.  Anna on stage = awesome.