• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you show up at our location in PA I will give you a free pizza or two! Just for the effort and because you are "The Lou"

Oh boy, you need to have some real pizza if you think pizza at the fort is pretty good!

you tell em Beckers! there is only one reason I would go to NJ again for and Pizza is it! Forgive them for they do not know good pizza. you can not be a aficionado when you haven't had the best, with

If you show up at our location in PA I will give you a free pizza or two! Just for the effort and because you are "The Lou"

It's a deal.

As I posted previously, I buy PJ's pizza because of the discount and it's as good or better than the other brands, so why not. It's also the closest pizza place as the discount is for pickup only. We do have it delivered sometimes as well.

The kids that work there are great throughout the year, so around Christmas time we purposely have it delivered. The reason being that we give that person an extremely generous tip as a Christmas gift.

We give back what we saved, so it's not like we're spending our money.

Last year was very funny. We handed the young man the tip, but it was folded. He thanked us, but didn't look at it. He assumed it was a few dollars or maybe a five dollar bill. I counted the seconds after he left. Sure enough he looked at it after he got in his car and came running back. He asked if we realized what we gave him. That was good to see as it could have been a mistake. We said yes, Merry Christmas. He was one appreciative PJ deliver person. He shook my hand and gave my wife a hug.

I know, you're wondering, how much was the damn tip? It was much, much,more than $5, $10, or $20.

Hey, it Christmas, he deserved it and  it makes us smile..

Here's another PJs related story.

Whenever I organize a Fiend Pizza Bash at the Fort, which BTW is overdue, you guessed it. I bring a bunch of PJ's pizzas and pass along the discount to the Fiends. Thank you very much Papa John.

So just for fun, and since Lou orders Papa Johns pizza, I thought I would share this picture of our family from our March trip to Fort Wilderness and Orlando.

http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/PAWDWCamper/media/20140316_193514_zpse7jtfmni.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

That picture even has his Camaro in it.  That's the car he sold to start the business.

We own a Papa Johns franchise here in Pa so we were at the annual meeting in Orlando.  That picture was at Universal Studios after the big pizza games competition.

Something about that statement, cracked me up :)

Last year was very funny. We handed the young man the tip, but it was folded. He thanked us, but didn't look at it. He assumed it was a few dollars or maybe a five dollar bill. I counted the seconds after he left. Sure enough he looked at it after he got in his car and came running back. He asked if we realized what we gave him. That was good to see as it could have been a mistake. We said yes, Merry Christmas. He was one appreciative PJ deliver person. He shook my hand and gave my wife a hug.

I know, you're wondering, how much was the damn tip? It was much, much,more than $5, $10, or $20.

Hey, it Christmas, he deserved it and  it makes us smile..

There's nothing better, than giving to people.  Such a wonderful blessing!  You're a good man Lou ;)

There's nothing better, than giving to people.  

It really, really, is.

You're a good man Lou

I can't take credit for it, it's my wife's idea.

In reality, PJ's giving them the money because it's money that we would have spent throughout the year on pizza if they didn't offer the 40% CM discount, it's a wash.

As a pizza aficionado, IMO there is no such thing as bad pizza. Some are just better than others.

I agree with Lou, it's hard to mess up pizza. Last winter we became PJ fans when we were staying at Rainbow Chase in Davenport. There was a PJ's about a mile away. Now that we're back home in PA we've stayed with PJ and we like the weekly e-mail offers we get from them.

We boycott our local PJ because a few years ago when DH went in to pick up pizzas he saw someone had written on his receipt "old guy with 3 kids".  He was most definitely not amused.  Thus, the Seals family boycott (except I've been known to take my kids there when they get PJ coupons for free pizza for having good grades. If DH finds out I explain that I didn't actually give them any $ so the boycott still stands). 

We boycott our local PJ because a few years ago when DH went in to pick up pizzas he saw someone had written on his receipt "old guy with 3 kids".  

I would have called the manager over and politely point out to them that it's poor customer relations for that employee to write "old guy" on the receipts.

That way, the person responsible would be in trouble and you wouldn't have to boycott PJ.

Who knows, maybe hubby would have gotten a free pizza.

I would have called the manager over and politely point out to them that it's poor customer relations for that employee to write "old guy" on the receipts.

That way, the person responsible would be in trouble and you wouldn't have to boycott PJ.

and, the person who did that might have learned an imprtant lesson that his/her parents apparantly missed

and, the person who did that might have learned an imprtant lesson that his/her parents apparantly missed

He only saw it after and then did call to complain but didn't talk to anyone who cared.  He realizes it was just one kid, who probably thought he/she was sooooo funny (and hopefully karma will get him/her some day), but he was embarrassed and now PJ has a bad connection in his mind.   I've eaten so much pizza at my kid's activities, birthday parties, group gatherings, etc.over the past 10 years that I am pretty much done with it so I don't care.  And my kids are happy with the local Little Caesar's $5 pizzas. 

He only saw it after and then did call to complain but didn't talk to anyone who cared. He realizes it was just one kid, who probably thought he/she was sooooo funny (and hopefully karma will get him/her some day), but he was embarrassed and now PJ has a bad connection in his mind. I've eaten so much pizza at my kid's activities, birthday parties, group gatherings, etc.over the past 10 years that I am pretty much done with it so I don't care. And my kids are happy with the local Little Caesar's $5 pizzas.

I agree it was a poor choice of words, but I'm finding more and more companies (Verizon for one) who's CSR put descriptions next to orders or names so they know who the customer is so they can go directly to the person with the order or to dicsuss the issue. So they may not have been trying to be funny just following protocol, although badly.

PS: I bet they use two receipts and they handed him the wrong copy.

I agree with the complete "fail" on them writing anything like that on receipts. Thats why we put names on the boxes, no description needed to find our customer.

Ask to speak to the GM and relay wgat happened. I know first hand how tough it is to manage young people that havent learned how to treat customers. The manager cannot coach them unless they know it happens.

My worst fear is that customers are upset with my business and I dont know it so I cant fix the problem.

He only saw it after and then did call to complain but didn't talk to anyone who cared.

It could have been worse. It could have said what they write on my receipts, "cranky old guy that comes here too often".

So they may not have been trying to be funny just following protocol, although badly.

Good idea, poor execution.

My worst fear is that customers are upset with my business and I don't know it so I cant fix the problem.

If you do have your people write descriptions on the receipts at your location, will you check on what they write after hearing about this situation?

It could have been worse. It could have said what they write on my receipts, "cranky old guy that comes here too often".

Good idea, poor execution.

If you do have your people write descriptions on the receipts at your location, will you check on what they write after hearing about this situation?

We put the customer name in the computer and (almost) never write anything on the receipt.  We have coached our staff to put everything in the computer so it can be verified in case of a question later.  On rare occassions we will make a note on the receipt like, Customer needs napkins/plates/cups...That kind of stuff doesn't fit in our limited window on the computer.

• 4 weeks later...