GDF and Z Ditch Daddy and Dash to Disney

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great start to rope drop day! Z can't be tied down to just one lady. He's a young man still. :rofl2: I mean it's not his fault if the princesses can't resist him.....unless he gives them the smolder.

When we left off, we’d just ridden Barnstormer twice without exiting the ride. The next moment made me a little upset… Dumbo was a walk on. I asked Z if he wanted to ride, and he said NO. My boy is to

As always, what a fantastic trip report. I feel like I was there. Still more to come, yes?

FoF looks pretty cool....and you know I'm not a parade guy.  

It really is. I was impressed. 

Z is not too old to ride Dumbo.

I am not accepting that.

The magic shots were pretty neat.

Look, Dave has a new Avatar.

Good job on the waffle.

I agree with the crack popcorn seasoning.

Right, you can't be too old to ride Dumbo?!?! Especially not at 5! I'm not ready for that. 

I have some Magic Shots that I don't think anyone has seen coming later in this report. 

Dave's new avatar scares me. 

Kelly, I really have enjoyed all of your travel reports this year.  Thanks for sharing pictures of all your adventures.

I'm glad you've enjoyed. Thanks for reading! 

Wow... I have NOT seen that parade.  It's early, and I have not had my coffee, so I maybe I missed this... is it (the parade) new?  Hope they have it in October.  Boo will LOVE that fact that Frozen is part of it :)     

Yes, this parade is new. We're not usually in the parks at 3:00 (one reason I jumped to watch this at noon), but I would make an exception for this one. 

Great pics, you caught great moments.

Thanks! 

Alright, I'm here.

I was hoping my computer issues would have been resolved by now, but they're not. It's hard to multi-quote and post photos from a phone, not to mention typing with my thumbs, so I've been waiting. But, you're moving along at a good pace, so I figured I had better jump in and get my page 7 bragging rights.

I would have had more comments, but these will have to do:

- it's funny that we didn't run into each other on the 3rd or early on the 4th. We also had a GAG on the 3rd and I was down at the marina early on the 4th.

- I don't think you gave Z good advice about his princess dilemma. A Playa doesn't have to explain or apologize. It's not his problem. There's only one of him. The ladies have to figure out how to share him. That goes for Elsa too.

- Excellent execution on the rope drop. I know you weren't sure about this. It really paid off for you.

- Great job picking a place and with the FOF photos.

Looking forward to the rest. I'm especially interested in hearing how things went later that night. I meant to compare notes with you when I saw you later.

TCD

Alright, I'm here.

I was hoping my computer issues would have been resolved by now, but they're not. It's hard to multi-quote and post photos from a phone, not to mention typing with my thumbs, so I've been waiting. But, you're moving along at a good pace, so I figured I had better jump in and get my page 7 bragging rights.

I would have had more comments, but these will have to do:

- it's funny that we didn't run into each other on the 3rd or early on the 4th. We also had a GAG on the 3rd and I was down at the marina early on the 4th.

Really? So many times we almost meet before we do! And we could have shared the GAG. 

- I don't think you gave Z good advice about his princess dilemma. A Playa doesn't have to explain or apologize. It's not his problem. There's only one of him. The ladies have to figure out how to share him. That goes for Elsa too.

You make a good point. But he did get kisses from both, so he's not doing too bad. 

- Excellent execution on the rope drop. I know you weren't sure about this. It really paid off for you.

You're right. We discussed how I was debating this plan prior and was worried it would just be too crazy, especially since it was just Z and me. I'm glad you encouraged me to do it. You really do have to be some of the first people though. By the time we got out of the ride at around 8:10, the line was already wrapping around the mountain. 

- Great job picking a place and with the FOF photos.

There isn't much shade anywhere in that area at noon, but we found a bit! 

Looking forward to the rest. I'm especially interested in hearing how things went later that night. I meant to compare notes with you when I saw you later.

TCD

It’s update time! And this update is going to include several Fiends!

So the plan after the parade was to use our Splash FP+. We headed that way.

It was CROWDED.

IMG_7513.jpg

I should mention something here. This is the very first time that I’ve ever been in a park on a major holiday. We often go the week of Easter, and we have been the week of New Years, but we have not actually been in a park during a holiday. Mr. GDF would never have approved of this, and actually I tend to try to avoid the most crowded parks, but I was making an exception here. There really is a difference though. It was packed.

We got to Splash, and it was down. They told us we could come back any other time that day. The problem with that was that I wasn’t planning to come back. This was our last thing to do before heading back to the Fort for a nap and then hitting the GG. I figured we’d watch the fireworks from somewhere outside the park.

Did you see the sky?

IMG_7514-1.jpg

I wasn’t waiting for Splash to come back, so we headed back.

And a boat was just pulling up.

IMG_7515-1.jpg

Once we got back to the camper, I got Z to lay down for a nap. We had gotten up early, and I knew he’d be “special” by the fireworks if he didn’t nap.

While he napped, I read outside, and I had some special visitors. No, they weren’t Fiends.

IMG_7516.jpg

A turkey family with babies!

IMG_7518.jpg

IMG_7520.jpg

IMG_7521.jpg

I surprised how close to me they got. Those are all uncropped pics I took with my phone.

Z woke up and helped me get ice. I love that he’s old enough to help me do stuff now and that he loves to do it.

IMG_7522.jpg

Then, we headed over to “not my” Jason’s site. But Z had to play on the playground first.

Crowded pool

IMG_7523.jpg

Z had a goal of playing on every playground. We missed one.

IMG_7524.jpg

IMG_7525.jpg

He figured out he could go fast with his feet up.

IMG_7528.jpg

Before long, we made it to the site.

Selfie with Silvia (Jason’s wife)

IMG_7529.jpg

TJ

IMG_7530.jpg

Gail, Lou, and Rennie

IMG_7531.jpg

You’ll never believe what Lou was eating.

IMG_7532.jpg

Jason on the grill

IMG_7535.jpg

Jason and Silvia’s lovely friend who listened to Z’s endless questions about her multicolored hair. She’s an elementary teacher and God bless her, she probably wanted a break from young children, but Z was totally drawn to her. I gave her a beer as a thank you… and Z spilled it.

IMG_7536.jpg

Somehow I have no pictures of the Millermouseketeer family, but they were there and so nice. We enjoyed talking some gymnastics. Mary Ann, have you seen the video of the former gymnast doing the obstacle course that went viral this week?  

And then guess who arrived…. The elusive TCD! I had to take a selfie with him before he headed out.

IMG_7537.jpg

Some of the food, no surprise that everything was delicious.

IMG_7538.jpg

I dedicate this picture to Aaron and Dave.

IMG_7539.jpg

IMG_7540.jpg

Now during all this yapping and probably aided by a few beers, I decided to do something crazy… Go back to the MK for the fireworks. I mean, why not? I had no husband there to talk sense into me, and my child is as crazy a Disney fan as I am. YOLO, right?

That’s where we’ll pick up on the next update.

It’s update time! And this update is going to include several Fiends!

So the plan after the parade was to use our Splash FP+. We headed that way.

It was CROWDED.

IMG_7513.jpg

I should mention something here. This is the very first time that I’ve ever been in a park on a major holiday. We often go the week of Easter, and we have been the week of New Years, but we have not actually been in a park during a holiday. Mr. GDF would never have approved of this, and actually I tend to try to avoid the most crowded parks, but I was making an exception here. There really is a difference though. It was packed.

We got to Splash, and it was down. They told us we could come back any other time that day. The problem with that was that I wasn’t planning to come back. This was our last thing to do before heading back to the Fort for a nap and then hitting the GG. I figured we’d watch the fireworks from somewhere outside the park.

Did you see the sky?

IMG_7514-1.jpg

I wasn’t waiting for Splash to come back, so we headed back.

And a boat was just pulling up.

IMG_7515-1.jpg

Once we got back to the camper, I got Z to lay down for a nap. We had gotten up early, and I knew he’d be “special” by the fireworks if he didn’t nap.

While he napped, I read outside, and I had some special visitors. No, they weren’t Fiends.

IMG_7516.jpg

A turkey family with babies!

IMG_7518.jpg

IMG_7520.jpg

IMG_7521.jpg

I surprised how close to me they got. Those are all uncropped pics I took with my phone.

Z woke up and helped me get ice. I love that he’s old enough to help me do stuff now and that he loves to do it.

IMG_7522.jpg

Then, we headed over to “not my” Jason’s site. But Z had to play on the playground first.

Crowded pool

IMG_7523.jpg

Z had a goal of playing on every playground. We missed one.

IMG_7524.jpg

IMG_7525.jpg

He figured out he could go fast with his feet up.

IMG_7528.jpg

Before long, we made it to the site.

Selfie with Silvia (Jason’s wife)

IMG_7529.jpg

TJ

IMG_7530.jpg

Gail, Lou, and Rennie

IMG_7531.jpg

You’ll never believe what Lou was eating.

IMG_7532.jpg

Jason on the grill

IMG_7535.jpg

Jason and Silvia’s lovely friend who listened to Z’s endless questions about her multicolored hair. She’s an elementary teacher and God bless her, she probably wanted a break from young children, but Z was totally drawn to her. I gave her a beer as a thank you… and Z spilled it.

IMG_7536.jpg

Somehow I have no pictures of the Millermouseketeer family, but they were there and so nice. We enjoyed talking some gymnastics. Mary Ann, have you seen the video of the former gymnast doing the obstacle course that went viral this week?  

And then guess who arrived…. The elusive TCD! I had to take a selfie with him before he headed out.

IMG_7537.jpg

Some of the food, no surprise that everything was delicious.

IMG_7538.jpg

I dedicate this picture to Aaron and Dave.

IMG_7539.jpg

IMG_7540.jpg

Now during all this yapping and probably aided by a few beers, I decided to do something crazy… Go back to the MK for the fireworks. I mean, why not? I had no husband there to talk sense into me, and my child is as crazy a Disney fan as I am. YOLO, right?

That’s where we’ll pick up on the next update.

Yeay pics of the gathering!!! We totally forgot to take any. 

Great that you had a chance to meet up with so many Fiends! :)

Those turkeys (not the fiends ;) ) must live in the 1500 loop... they were there with us as well.

Crowds and hot, right!?   Our visit reminded us, why we don't go in the middle of summer...but then again, it's hard to pass up any trip at the Fort :)

Yeay pics of the gathering!!! We totally forgot to take any. 

I should have taken more, but I did get some. 

Cinnamon rolls!!

We thought of you as we ate them. 

Those cinnamon rolls look mouth watering delicious!

What a great gathering of fiends!

It wasn't a huge group, but it was a great group. The cinnamon rolls are good. 

Congrats on the rare TCD selfie. I only wear that hippie Seaside shirt one day each year.

That's Mr. MillerMouseketeer aka Randy.

TCD

So that selfie is a rare collector's item! I'm sure it will get broken out next time you talk about hippies. 

Wow!  That crowd in the MK was unbelievable!

Yes, now keep in mind that was directly after the parade, so lots of people were in the area and trying to leave. 

Great that you had a chance to meet up with so many Fiends! :)

Those turkeys (not the fiends ;) ) must live in the 1500 loop... they were there with us as well.

Crowds and hot, right!?   Our visit reminded us, why we don't go in the middle of summer...but then again, it's hard to pass up any trip at the Fort :)

I was glad to meet more Fiends and catch up with others I'd met before. All very cool people! 

Yes, it was crowded, but I'm used to that. I'll go to the Fort and Disney any time! We used anytime attractions like COP to "beat the heat."

I can't wait to see if you got to Splash Mountain while you were back at MK.  

You will find out in a few minutes... I'm writing an update now! 

Alright, so we headed back to the boat dock to ride over to the MK.

They had a bar set up.

IMG_7541.jpg

I’ve never seen the beach this busy. It was insane.

IMG_7543.jpg

There was a decent size line for the boat. And guess who happened to be a couple of people away from me in line? TCD! We chatted, and I got the chance to meet his oldest DD and Twin #1.

Once on the boat, I gave Z a little sugar. He’s in love with these Lego candies that he got at a birthday party. In this shot, he looks already sugared up.

IMG_7544.jpg

Once inside, I debated where to go. TCD said Main Street would probably be closed. I thought about staying just inside the entrance, but Z said he wanted to ride some rides after the fireworks. I wasn’t sure how we’d fight the crowds to get back to the rides from there after the fireworks.

We decided to go take the short cut. I figured we’d stop in Tomorrowland or Fantasyland.

Dance Party

IMG_7545.jpg

Oh wow, it was crowded back here. They were directing people and trying to keep a path open.

IMG_7579.jpg

Z tried to blind me with his glow toy.

IMG_7580.jpg

I thought about going back farther into Fantasyland since most of the fireworks would be coming from back there, but since I didn’t know how crazy it would be to get back there, I just decided to stay put.

CROWDED!

IMG_7583.jpg

IMG_7584.jpg

IMG_7585.jpg

Semi-view of the castle

IMG_7586.jpg

At 9:00, the fireworks started. We could hear everything great, but since they were going off in front of us and behind us, it wasn’t the best spot.

IMG_7589.jpg

IMG_7590.jpg

Z was totally amazed by the whole experience. Mommy and son selfie!

IMG_7592.jpg

IMG_7594.jpg

IMG_7595.jpg

IMG_7596.jpg

IMG_7601.jpg

IMG_7603.jpg

IMG_7605.jpg

IMG_7607.jpg

So while it wasn’t the best place to watch and it was very crowded, I’m glad we went inside to see the fireworks. It’s an awesome show, and like I said, Z was totally amazed.

After the fireworks ended, it was gridlock. After trying to get through the crowd, I just pulled over and let it clear out a little. And then, we ducked into IASW at Z’s request.

Look, some people really do use a FP for IASW!

Yet another selfie. Z is rocking some great hair.

IMG_7610.jpg

IMG_7611.jpg

After that, we decided to go cash in our FP+ for Splash. Now, if you’ve been paying attention, you might realize that at this point in the day, I’ve only used 1 FP+ all day… it was at the Jungle Cruise. We’ve ridden everything else as a walk-on or less than a 15 minute wait. When we left the park, I pushed a FP+ for Tinkerbell back to later in the day in case we returned. Z was not excited about meeting Tinkerbell, but I really like her. I told him we meet lots of characters he likes, so he needed to just deal with it. Anyway, we headed to Splash.

This area is pretty when lit up.

IMG_7612.jpg

We made it!

IMG_7613.jpg

But we had a problem. When I went to the FP+ entrance, I didn’t get a green Mickey. The guy there let me know that my FP+ window had expired 9 hours ago. I told him that the ride was down during our window and that they had told me we could come back anytime today. Luckily, someone was there who said that was true. So we got to ride.

IMG_7614.jpg

Z is 0 for 2 in appearing in Splash pictures. He’s too short. Well, you can kind of see his ear.

wd048wdw201418694219609.jpeg

I was hoping that we’d get to ride BTMRR after that, but the wait was still around 30 minutes. I suggested we head back and meet Tinkerbell. Z wanted to ride more rides, but I finally convinced him. I’m the mom, after all.

We got there and talking Mickey was only a 10 minute wait. We had time to do that before meeting Tink. So we did.

wd050wdw201418694226589.jpeg

Z was memorized by talking Mickey.

wd052wdw201418694226602.jpeg

wd054wdw201418694226609.jpeg

wd057wdw201418694226613.jpeg

wd059wdw201418694226617.jpeg

Talking Mickey is pretty cool. I was worried Z would wonder why none of the other characters talk, but he still hasn’t asked.

Next up was Tink. Z agreed to be in the pictures and actually liked meeting her after all.

wd062wdw201418694229228.jpeg

wd064wdw201418694229230.jpeg

wd068wdw201418694229234.jpeg

wd069wdw201418694229235.jpeg

After that, we took a boat back to the Fort. The beach and Settlement were pretty much empty at that point.

I put Z to bed, read a bit, and then went to bed myself. We didn’t have any plans on the morning of the 5th, so I was hoping to sleep in. Our friends from FL would be joining us late morning, and the plan was to head to Epcot when they arrived. And the best part... It was Elena and her son's first camping trip ever!