Dreams Come True...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am going to have to start putting some $$ away for a trip like this some day. Those photos are so nice! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Intriguing.  

First!!

Well Good Evening Mr. Dave, I would have thought nothing less of you being the first of my first.... (my first TR that is)

Oh a mystery!

Not a mystery for long...

Elvis and Hawaii... Where is this going to take us?

With me, and 3 women, who knows where this will lead...

I'm in!

Okay, Yvonne is here, we can get this thing started.... 

Confused

But in.

Did you stay at the Poly?

Not quite yet...

I'm in!

Hey Gwen, I'm happy you are here!

I'm in :)

Hey Nacole!

Where's Sherlock Holmes when we need him?

Dang if I know...

So when are you staying at Aulani? That's my guess anyway. and count me in.

Okay... Jason gets the "Fiend of the Moment Award".  We are "going" to Aulani, but are sort of taking the long way there...  And if today is like the way this trip is going to turn out, then it may take longer than I think to get there!  More on that in a little bit.

Oh I hope you are right!!!

Jason is wise beyond his years...

I'm in. Can't wait to find out what all is to come!

You won't have to wait much longer because I getting ready to spill the beans.

I'm love mysteries!

In!

Sherlock Jason has just solved the biggest part of this mystery...

I think he's planned an action packed week in Memphis for his family.  

You know, we were trying to decide whether to go to Aulani or Memphis... and of course I wanted Memphis, but all the Fiend men know the old sayin' "Happy Wife, Happy Life", 

He bought a blowup movie screen and is showing old movies this weekend!

That would have been a whole heck of a lot cheaper...

At least it's not jailhouse rock :)

You got that right!

He is like my brother in law and getting married by Elvis in Vegas :rofl2:  :rofl2:  :rofl2:

Been there done that, just didn't get the tee shirt, and Elvis was touring when we got married, so I missed him too...

Time for the next clue!!

Coming right up!

Okay, might as well lay this whole thing out so everyone can join in on the fun!

It turns out that 2014 is turning out to be one of those “milestone” years for the Miller family.  I recently turned 50 years old, Claudine and I will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary in December, our daughter Ashleigh just turned 18 years old yesterday, just graduated High School last month, and will start college in the fall. With all of these milestones behind us, around us, or in front of us we thought we should celebrate with a big trip while everyone could at least get on the same schedule.  Claudine and I have always talked about going to Hawaii and since we have never been and are DVC members, what better place to go…  We would just need to get there.

I travel frequently for work and have managed to collect a lot of points on Southwest.  Since SW doesn't fly to Hawaii (yet), I had to figure a way to use this to my advantage… United is my backup airline, so I would use them to fly us to Hawaii after SW dropped us off somewhere. Instead of doing the smart thing and handing these arrangements over to someone like Jason to manage, I put on my Jr. Travel Agent hat and began surfing. We finally set it up to have SW fly us free to San Francisco, then United would take it from there. 

So we left Raleigh Durham this morning and flew here to San Francisco.  We spent what was left of today and will spend all day tomorrow doing the touristy things… Cable car, Golden Gate Bridge, Fishermen’s wharf, and whatever else we can get into.  We will fly from San Fran to Hawaii Monday morning and will spend 7 days there.  Will fly back to San Fran next Monday, spend the night then will fly home on Tuesday.

I'm gonna call it a night, and will pick this back up tomorrow...  If time permits.

Okay, might as well lay this whole thing out so everyone can join in on the fun!

It turns out that 2014 is turning out to be one of those “milestone” years for the Miller family. I recently turned 50 years old, Claudine and I will celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary in December,

Wow! You sure got married really young. Heck you were just a baby.