Rumor: Anna and Elsa going back to Norway

Stumbled across this one today from Temporary Tourist. Still just a rumor of course, but if true, it would make sense...

...sources have confirmed to the Temporary Tourist Disney will construct an additional meet and greet location for Anna and Elsa back in EPCOT’s Norway Pavilion.  While the previous location used for Anna and Elsa at the Norway Pavilion was quite small and unable to handle large crowds or even provide a line for FP+ reservations, the new facility should be large enough to accommodate these important factors.  Our sources are unable to pinpoint the exact location within the Norway Pavilion where Anna and Elsa will be meeting guests at this time.  Once construction starts at the Pavilion, we’ll obviously be able to get a better idea.  We can confirm Anna’s attire will be her coronation day dress, but we’re unable to confirm Elsa’s attire at the additional facility.

The timeline for the additional Anna and Elsa Meet and Greet in the Norway Pavilion at EPCOT to open to the public is Fall 2014.  Depending on construction start dates, it could be up to the end of the year as well.

On an additional note, our sources were also able to confirm Maelstrom will be updated to a Frozen-themed type of water ride.  Speculation on this ride being changed to a Frozen theme has been rampant as of late.  I personally heard of this rumor in several forums and Facebook groups, but our sources were able to provide confirmation.

http://temporarytourist.com/anna-and-elsa-are-returning-to-epcot/

The rumors have been kicking around for a while.  Devores gave us this info back in May...

I will shed some light on this question.

The country of Norway has penned a contract with WDW to have exclusive rights to Frozen for an undisclosed timeframe. In order for this to happen, WDW said a proper meet and greet area must be constructed. In the meantime, the sisters were moved to PFTH to continue meeting while Norway turns the theater at the end of Maelstrom into a meet and greet. Once done, they will move back to Norway.

So its not a matter of how hard it would be. Its a matter of contractual agreements.

I can neither confirm nor deny that the Germany pavilion will be ditching the apple muncher and begin featuring Delsa later this year.  

CMs have been advised to expect an increase in Guests fleeing into neighboring Italy and China.

But will they be serving MSB cinnamon rolls?

For the low price of $99.99 you can book the bake with Delsa package. You will get to help Delsa bake MSB cinnamon rolls, photopass will be on hand to take pictures as well (please note being allowed to eat the cinnamon rolls is not included in the package). However, PHotopass is offering a magic shot of you with a cinnamon roll in your hand!

For the low price of $99.99 you can book the bake with Delsa package. You will get to help Delsa bake MSB cinnamon rolls, photopass will be on hand to take pictures as well (please note being allowed to eat the cinnamon rolls is not included in the package). However, PHotopass is offering a magic shot of you with a cinnamon roll in your hand!

Delsa will not be entertaining photographers for anything less than $300.  

The rumors have been kicking around for a while.  Devores gave us this info back in May...

CMs have been advised to expect an increase in Guests fleeing into neighboring Italy and China.

Italy and China prepare for a refugee crisis from Germany. Will the Germans be rude and have a flag bearer though?

• 5 months later...

From Stitch Kingdom...

Disney Publishes Plans for New Arendelle ‘Pavilion’ at Epcot (Frozen)

The perpetual hot button topic of Walt Disney World fans is what the next pavilion at Epcot’s World Showcase will be. Will it be Australia? Brazil? Russia? Israel? One of the marvels of the existing World Showcase is just how much space is available for development on property for additional pavilions. Now thanks to filings with the South Florida Water Management District office, we have our answer: Arendelle. Of course this doesn’t mean that Norway has been saved from handing over its Maelstrom attraction to Anna and Elsa of Disney’s Frozen, rather Queen Elsa has annexed the current ‘vacant’ lot located between the Mexico and and Norway pavilions for a project being described as the ‘Frozen Meet and Greet Building.’

According to the filed documents, the new 1+ acre project consists of building an approximately 13,000 square feet facility that ‘will house a Disney guest attraction and a women’s restroom,’ as well as a new 2,000 square foot ‘modular type’ building that will replace one that needs to be demolished for the new project. In addition, two backstage parking spots with 18 spaces will be constructed. Of course the number of floors is a factor, but to give an idea of the new building’s size, a Google search for 13,000 square feet usually results in the keyword ‘mansion.’

The new, separate Frozen-inspired attraction that will replace the former Maelstrom is expected to open in 2016.

frozenmg.jpg

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-frozen-epcot-74041/

There is definitely room between Mexico and Norway to add the meet n greet.

Which brings up a question I've had for a while. Why doesn't Disney add a few more countries?

I mean there's definitely room for 2, 3, or 4 more.

I'm sure the host countries pay a lot of money to Disney to be there. Why wouldnt Disney add a few more countries to make more revenue and more place to sell their souvenirs.

It would be a cheap way of adding a new, must see at epcot.

There is definitely room between Mexico and Norway to add the meet n greet.

Which brings up a question I've had for a while. Why doesn't Disney add a few more countries?

I mean there's definitely room for 2, 3, or 4 more.

I'm sure the host countries pay a lot of money to Disney to be there. Why wouldnt Disney add a few more countries to make more revenue and more place to sell their souvenirs.

It would be a cheap way of adding a new, must see at epcot.

Getting money from the host countries is the issue. If a country wants to pony up some money, a pavilion will be built as fast as they can.

Getting money from the host countries is the issue. If a country to pony up some money, a pavilion will be built as fast they can.

I know it can't be cheap to build a pavillion in Epcot but what the return on the investment? It has to be substantial. Especially if Disney makes a movie based in that country.

I'm sure china received an up swing in tourism after Mulan came out. But I'm sure it's nothing compared to what Norway has and is receiving from Ftozen. I did a quick search and found that Hotel bookings are up 37%, Tours are 40% and Oslo airport has shown a 57% increase in flights from NY alone. All compared to last year.

Heck we went to Germany this summer so we could see Cindy's Castle. Lol.

I'd love to see an Australian pavillion. If I was Australia I would have Quantas Airlines be a major sponsor.

Or a real pavillion from an African country. Or even a Russian one. It wouldn't be hard to come up with a Russian princess.

What pavillion would you like to see?

Again I know it's not cheap but I'd be curious to see the numbers.

I know it can't be cheap to build a pavillion in Epcot but what the return on the investment? It has to be substantial. Especially if Disney makes a movie based in that country.

I'm sure china received an up swing in tourism after Mulan came out. But I'm sure it's nothing compared to what Norway has and is receiving from Ftozen. I did a quick search and found that Hotel bookings are up 37%, Tours are 40% and Oslo airport has shown a 57% increase in flights from NY alone. All compared to last year.

Heck we went to Germany this summer so we could see Cindy's Castle. Lol.

I'd love to see an Australian pavillion. If I was Australia I would have Quantas Airlines be a major sponsor.

Or a real pavillion from an African country. Or even a Russian one. It wouldn't be hard to come up with a Russian princess.

According to this article, NONE of the Epcot pavilions were paid for by the countries they represent: http://www.yesterland.com/worldshowcase.html

A couple of excerpts:

Having established that there’s plenty of room for more pavilions, we now get to the second myth. When Internet discussions arise about why World Showcase has not seen a new pavilion since 1988, it’s not unusual for someone to point out that World Showcase pavilions are each funded by the corresponding national government, but that Disney has been unsuccessful getting more governments onboard.

EPCOT Center opened in 1982 with nine pavilions in World Showcase. Do you know how many were paid for by a national government?

Zero.

That’s right. Zero.

So why has there not been a new pavilion in the World Showcase since the Norway pavilion opened in 1988?

Because Disney is too cheap to build a new one.

Simple as that.

TCD

I'd put Russia on the list - could be very interesting in terms of culture and architecture.  Although I'm not sure about a QS serving borscht.  8)

I'd love to see some place like Nepal or India, and something from South America - Chile or Peru?

Here's a bit of speculation that fans of "World" Showcase may find particularly annoying...

WFTV does state that the new building will not connect with the Norway pavilion buildings. It is thought that this area could be deemed Arendelle – the fictional country in Frozen – but that has not been confirmed or announced.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1753965/permits-filed-by-disney-reveal-details-and-much-more-coming-to-epcot-with-frozen-attraction/

Yeah, I'm not a fan of fake countries. 

Agreed. Fake "lands" belong at Magic Kingdom.

So what happens when the Frozen furor dies down?  I know it seems impossible right now, but it will happen.

Given how long it takes for things to change at WDW, it's not unrealistic to think that everyone will be on to "the next big thing" a few years down the road and Arendelle in WS will make no sense whatsoever.

Kind of like how the "future" in COP is 1985.   :wacko:

EPCOT Center opened in 1982 with nine pavilions in World Showcase. Do you know how many were paid for by a national government?

Zero.

That’s right. Zero.

While Disney paid for the buildings, the pavillions are sponsored by corporations or governments (i.e. Morocco).

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morocco_%28Epcot%29 :

King Hassan II actually sent Moroccan artisans to design and create the many mosaics. Due to Islamic religious beliefs on the content of art, the mosaics contain no representations of people. The government also sponsors the pavilion, while a corporation holds sponsoring rights on every other pavilion.