BLT, Not just a sandwich anymore.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just entered Florida. DD finally fell asleep, 15 minutes before the rest area.

Haha! It always happens that way.

We had a 10.5 hr flight last month from Frankfurt Germany to Dallas tx. DD didn't sleep the whole time. 2 hour lay over in Dallas and then 50 flight to oklahoma. She fell asleep when the pilot said we were making our decent in to Oklahoma City.

She was not happy when I woke her.

Being early has its benefits. My DD was just asked to join in the processional for Anna and Elsa. We gladly accepted. I will walk with her and my DW got a VIP pass to the viewing area.

That's awesome!  The show they do during the processional is cute, and she will have a perfect view!

If you haven't done so already, to over to the Streets of America and get a return card for the sing-a-long.  They should have all times available now.  If you wait too long, there will be fewer, and eventually no options.  Only one of you needs to run over there to pick up cards for the whole party.

Also Twin #2 had an opening shift at Wandering Oaken's Trading Post this morning- stop in and see if you can find her- she's probably going to be gone by 2 or 3 this afternoon.

TCD

Wishing you safe travel and a wonderful trip!

Thanks

Hope you have a great time Jon!

Thanks

Have fun!

Thanks

Have a great trip!!

Thanks

Sounds like a great vacation.  Have fun!

Thanks

Have a great time.

Be prepared for the long walk from the AOA lobby to the Little Mermaid Building.  There's a lot to look at along the way, but it's a long walk.  You're only there for a couple of nights, so you'll be fine.  It will make BLT seem that much greater.

TCD

Thanks for the heads up.  We decided to drive the car over to the main building when we need to take the bus.

Have a great trip!

Thanks!

I believe this is the first time I've posted on p.1 of a TR (pause for fanfare music).   And I did so to say, I like your title since every time someone posts about BLT, I think of food.  Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Congrats

Sounds like a fun trip!

Thanks!

I'm in and on page one.

Have a great trip. Please post some pix of your condo at BLT. It's on our short list of resorts to stay at.

I will definitely post pictures.

All those people are staying in a 2 bedroom?

Yes, we have a king in one room, two doubles in the other room, plus a pull out couch and a pull out chair.  The kids will either stay in the extra bed with the 2 queen beds.  There are 2 1/2 bath so those that are sleeping in the living room can use the bath in the living room.

I'm in! Enjoy your trip!

Thanks

The real question is does this BLT have mayo?

Mayo, but will need to get some.

I love the BLT - both the resort and the sandwich!  So I'm definitely in!  Y'all be careful traveling and report in when you can.

Will try to report in when I can.

Im in!

And now I want a BLT to eat, thanks for that.

Thanks for joining and BLT's are yummy.  We had them the other night.

While he drives shall we hijack with mayo or miracle whip?

Mayo

When we had a 2 bedroom at AKL (it was an unexpected upgrade!) that thing was so massive the Brady Bunch could have fit in there with us.

If you think those rooms are big, you should out Old Key West, those rooms are huge.

I'm in!

Thanks for joining

I'm in!

We have stayed at BLT twice now and will be doing a Fort(5)/BLT(9)split stay in January/February.

We stay in a one bedroom lake view. FYI, many of the lake view rooms are actually lake view/theme park views. Those would be even room numbers ending in 2 thru 12. Those are on the outside of the horseshoe on the north side.

We have watched wishes from our balcony several times with the music playing on one of the resort TV channels.

If you are wondering about what other views/room request options there are, feel free to post something here or PM me your number and I will be glad to talk to you more about it.

I have some room pics and view pics in the 2nd and 3rd trip reports in my signature.

Thanks for giving people the heads up.  We are definitely hoping for one that is both a MK and Lake View.

The king size bed at BLT is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, hands down. My husband and I still talk about it, and that was three years ago!

Enjoy your trip!

I would have to agree, when we stayed there last August it was very comfortable.

Safe travels!

Thanks, the drive was fairly easy.  A little traffic in Jacksonville, but that is what you get when you drive through it at 5:00.  Then the rain that we had to drive through on I-4 was not nice.

Can't wait to read more. BLT is one of our home resorts - I LOVE being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom, in no time at all! I really hope your lake view isn't the one looking straight into other people's rooms.

Walking to MK is one of the things I am looking for, especially after Thursday night.  I also hope we are not looking into other people rooms.

Have a great evening at the MK!

Thanks, we had a real good time, except for trying to swim with all the Salmon at the time that we left.

I'm in.  Have a great trip - looking forward to hearing more!

Thanks, once we get settled more into BLT on on Sunday should be able to keep things going.

That's awesome!  The show they do during the processional is cute, and she will have a perfect view!

If you haven't done so already, to over to the Streets of America and get a return card for the sing-a-long.  They should have all times available now.  If you wait too long, there will be fewer, and eventually no options.  Only one of you needs to run over there to pick up cards for the whole party.

Also Twin #2 had an opening shift at Wandering Oaken's Trading Post this morning- stop in and see if you can find her- she's probably going to be gone by 2 or 3 this afternoon.

TCD

Looked for twin #2, once when we originally went in and the second time after I saw your post.  Never saw her, but it was busy.

For and added on day at the beginning of the trip today was very busy,  We got up early and had breakfast at the hotel.  We then headed to DHS.  We had about an hour to wait.  When we entered we got stopped by a person wearing a Tower of Terror uniform.  She asked if my DD wanted to help welcome Anna and Elsa from Arendell.  We said YES.  We followed what everyone said and I went and got tickets for the 12:30 sing-a-long.  We went to the trading post and got to play with snow, I built a small snowman.  We then went and brought my DD to ice skate for the first time.

After that we bought her an Else Magic Band, yes I am one of those people.

We did the Parade, she had a blast, then the sing-a-long.  We came back to AoA and went to the pool.  Got our room and took a nap, went to KFC and came back to relax.

I will recap later with pictures, a lot of pictures.

Tomorrow is MK with Anna and Elsa.  We will also be riding the Mine Train for the first time.

Sitting at the Comtemporary right now.  Waiting for our room to get ready and for the rest of the group to come back from DHS.  I dropped them off and then came back to the hotel to get ice in the cooler and drop off some bags with Bell services.  We will be going to the pool once they get back, which they are on their way.  I really hope that the room gets ready quickly, but I am not excpecting it ready till 4:00.

DW went and got tickets for the sing-a-long along with out FP+ in the afternoon for Toy Story, Disney Junior/Star Tours and Indiana Jones today.  The kids should be worn out.  We still need to go the grocery store to get food for the week.

(Rant) Wow, waiting in line and a woman is bitching at he husband because she has to wait a few minutes to wait for am ecv to load. I am sorry that she is so inconvenienced and has no one in her life that does not need an ecv. I wanted to tell her to be quiet, but refrained. Yes, I want to get back to the resort, but everyone deserves to be at Disney and am glad that they make in convenient for everyone to go. (End rant)