The most FANTASTIC, STUPENDOUS trip report of all time!!!

Oh there will be more, and pictures.

I've just been so busy since we got back.

Just wanted to throw something out there.

And it was all true!

I am looking forward to it.

But I am not taking down the video because that is what I thought of after reading your reader's digest version.

"I couldn't help it. It just popped in there."

4th of July week was going to be a major trip for us.

This was the first time we were going to actually camp for a week (we had done the cabins for that long), but not tenting/real camping.

Second, relatives were going to be at the Treehouse and at the parks and we were going to meet up with them when we could.  They had a pretty tight schedule since their kids had never been to Disney and my nephew was utilizing every planning app known to mankind to get everything to fit into their schedule.

Third all of my kids would be coming over for dinner on the 4th at Hoop De Do.  We had a total of 12 at our tables and our relatives were another 5 at their tables.  My wife wanted everyone together to celebrate her birthday early and told the kids that could be their gift to her.  This was the first time we had been back to HDDR in over 20 years.

Fourth and probably the biggest point, this was going to be the maiden voyage of our new to us PUP.

So, we dove right in doing a major trip and kept our fingers crossed.

Right off the bat we realized that for a week’s trip we needed to rethink keeping food fresh and not spoiling.  A couple of Coleman  Xtreme coolers and a portable ice-maker all scored from Craigslist took care of those issues.

When we had learned about our relatives coming down we made our reservations, but as their arrival time got closer things started changing and  we had to take away days on the front end and add them to the  backend (which worked out great since the big bash that happened on the 5th).

As the time got closer we did a dry run packing the back of the truck and camper. Of course little things get added day by day into the camper itself, but overall it wasn’t overloaded.  Truck wise we did great also, and didn’t look to Beverly Hillbillyish looking going down I-4.  One little thing that made a huge difference in packing, was taking the pedals off of our 3 bikes.  What a breeze fitting the bikes in the truck bed after that.

20140629_105932_zps03dca3c0.jpg

So after checking, double checking and one last walk thru, we’re off!

I was a little nervous, would my 12 year old truck hold up to the trip, would the PUP drive true and handle ok?  I had planned to pull off the road before we hit I-75 to re-check all my connections and the hitch, but the re-check happened a lot sooner.  We got about 5 minutes down the road, when I realized that our Magic Bands were on the shelf in our family room.  Luckily we were able to make a quick turn and headed back home.  I grabbed the bands and used the detour to recheck everything while parked in front of the house instead of the side of the road.

Off again!  And more to come