Sept 24 Breakfast with Anna and Elsa at Epcot

What beautiful décor are they talking about? It's a cheap building that was supposed to be temporary, but Disney decided to keep it.

The interior is solid black with white cloth accents. The interior of a typical Walmart is more attractive. Oh, it has a nice chandelier.

It's so cheap that it has to have water sprinkling on the exterior surfaces during Illuminations so that if any embers land on the membrane skin, it won't burn through it.

They'll set up tables, maybe a Disney backdrop or two and that's it, beautiful décor.

We know a lot of overpaid people that would shell out any amount of money to do something they felt was exclusive. Most will only stay at the gf. We live in a remote area that was listed as having a large number of millionaires.

It's only $20 more than the character breakfast at the castle.

I wouldn't pay it, but lots of people do.

$80 for breakfast without BACON?  No way!

"A Delicious Breakfast Buffet with a menu that includes: Seasonal Fruit, Mickey Waffles w/ Maple Syrup, Scrambled Eggs, Smoked Bacon, Hash Brown Gratin, Chilled Fruit Juices, Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, & Tea."

Wow! It's gone up a lot.

IIRC when we went a few years ago breakfast was like $39.95 (for adult).

And that was to much to pay for breakfast.

Yep.  We have breakfast scheduled for our trip in October....it will just be mom, Bailey and myself (so two adults and one child):  total charged to my card was $152.16.   Unbelievably expensive...but (for us) it will be a once in a lifetime experience.

It also says:

Characters/Venue Location/Hours/Menu are subject to change without notice and will be at the discretion of Disney Destinations-Convention Services.

So you could end up having to show up at 3AM at a Walmart parking lot to bread and water with Mr Smiley Face.   I'm sure that's just a CYA statement but still.  

So you could end up having to show up at 3AM at a Walmart parking lot to bread and water with Mr Smiley Face.   I'm sure that's just a CYA statement but still.  

While it's not presented by Disney, the event will be produced by Disney.

Elsa and Anna will definitely be there. It will be staffed by Disney CMs and it will meet all of the other Disney Events standards.

For those who think it's worth it, they won't be able to tell that it's a private event.

What beautiful décor are they talking about? It's a cheap building that was supposed to be temporary, but Disney decided to keep it.

The interior is solid black with white cloth accents. The interior of a typical Walmart is more attractive. Oh, it has a nice chandelier.

It's so cheap that it has to have water sprinkling on the exterior surfaces during Illuminations so that if any embers land on the membrane skin, it won't burn through it.

They'll set up tables, maybe a Disney backdrop or two and that's it, beautiful décor.

Is this the former Millennium Village building?

Does this type of event happen often?  I mean where outside people create an event and charge admission?  I haven't heard of anything like this happening before.

I'd love know what they have to pay Disney for the event, and how much they stand to gain (or lose).  Obviously, Kenny the Pirate is getting some kind of cut from the deal.

TCD

I'd love know what they have to pay Disney for the event, and how much they stand to gain (or lose). Obviously, Kenny the Pirate is getting some kind of cut from the deal.

TCD

All of this.

But I'm willing to bet it sells out. I wonder how many people they can have?

And Lou is this the type of thing you could work?

Is this the former Millennium Village building?

Yes, it's now called "The World Showplace" and I'm in there just about every work day.

This event is taking place in the East Hall which is the very front portion of the building.

If you do a web image search, you'll see it. As I said, it's an ugly big black hall with white cloth accents.

Does this type of event happen often?  I mean where outside people create an event and charge admission?  I haven't heard of anything like this happening before.

I've never heard of it either.

Maybe this is a new revenue stream for the Disney events department.

I'd love know what they have to pay Disney for the event, and how much they stand to gain (or lose). 

Obviously, Kenny the Pirate is getting some kind of cut from the deal.

The East Hall portion of the building is not that big, so if 300 people attend, that's $24K, so maybe Disney gets 75% of that.

I've never heard of it either.

Maybe this is a new revenue stream for the Disney events department.

Why not?  I imagine that the high price of this event is driven by the fact that Disney isn't giving them a break on the price- I expect they're paying what anyone else who wanted a private party with these components would have to pay.  I am sure Disney's price structure allows for a healthy profit for Disney.  So, if these folks can add some on top of the price to make a little money above what they have to pay Disney, more power to them.

But, I have to think that the reason that we haven't seen something like this before is that people smarter than this group crunched numbers in the past, and realized that there's a lot of risk here.

Some of the blogs have run dessert parties and other events of that nature in a similar manner.

And do they charge admission?  To make a profit?  Or, is it just something they're doing to promote the blog?

TCD

Why not? I imagine that the high price of this event is driven by the fact that Disney isn't giving them a break on the price- I expect they're paying what anyone else who wanted a private party with these components would have to pay. I am sure Disney's price structure allows for a healthy profit for Disney. So, if these folks can add some on top of the price to make a little money above what they have to pay Disney, more power to them.

But, I have to think that the reason that we haven't seen something like this before is that people smarter than this group crunched numbers in the past, and realized that there's a lot of risk here.

And do they charge admission? To make a profit? Or, is it just something they're doing to promote the blog?

TCD

I do believe they charge. Can't answer if they charge enough for profit or just to cover costs.

I do believe they charge. Can't answer if they charge enough for profit or just to cover costs.

I have to believe that the reason we haven't seen more of this type of thing is that after paying Disney, there's little room to make any kind of profit.

As I said, the people who put this breakfast event together may lose big on this deal.

It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

TCD