Some sad news on the Epcot live entertainment front.  WDWMagic is reporting that Off Kilter, Mo'Rockin and Spirit of America will have their final performances on September 27th.

The World Showcase Players will have their final performance September 25th.

New live entertainment planned includes a traditional Berber music and dance troupe in Morocco, a corps of dynamic flag-waving performers in Italy, a thrilling lumberjack-inspired show in Canada, and a Celtic folk music ensemble at the United Kingdom.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/epcot/news/28aug2014-epcot%27s-most-popular-live-entertainment-groups-to-be-retired-in-september.htm

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, shoot!  I really liked the fife and drum corps - a really neat piece of Americana.  But, then again, I love the Main Street Philharmonic and the Dapper Dans in MK.  

If Universal, Sea World, or Legoland were smart, they would pick up Off Kilter and sign them ASAP!!

I am going to miss the kilts.

WOW, Off Kilter?? I'm really surprised. They have been a HUGE staple in the Canada pavilion for ages with a huge following.

I'm also bummed about the World Showcase players. Many longtime former Adventurers have found roles with the WSP. I hope they are all placed in other roles.

It's kind of ironic, I was stationed outside the World Showcase the other night which is next to where Off Kilter performs.

As I was listening to them for the second time that night, I commented to another CM, "man, do those guys have a nice gig or what, they've been there for ever".

Oh well, all good things must end.

It's kind of ironic, I was stationed outside the World Showcase the other night which is next to where Off Kilter performs.

As I was listening to them for the second time that night, I commented to another CM, "man, do those guys have a nice gig or what, they've been there for ever".

Oh well, all good things must end.

Being there forever probably equates with them getting paid more than some new act.

So, out they go.

That's what us guests want, they'll say.

TCD

fyi - I just got official confirmation those 4 groups will have their final performances "the week ending September 27"

In the "so far just a rumor" department...

There are currently no shows appearing on the schedule for British Revolution after September 27.  Now that's one group that hasn't been there all that long. They recently replaced The British Invasion Beatles tribute group about 3 years ago.

There is also nothing on the schedule for "Voices of Liberty" after November 22.  Not sure if that has anything to do with the Candlelight Processional or other holiday happenings at Epcot, as Voices of Liberty have switched over to Christmas Carols in the past during the holidays.

It could also just be that the schedule hasn't been updated yet.

That's what us guests want, they'll say.

Ok, which one of you asked for traditional Berber music. What the heck is that anyway?

I just can't seem to get enough of Moroccan dancing.

Hey Dave, you're finally going get an Italian flag-waving group. I know, it's been a long time coming.

Mo, do you have a need for a lumberjack inspired show?

I know Bob would love a Celtic folk music group. He would say it's to die for.

None of the new entertainment does anything for me.

Ok, which one of you asked for traditional Berber music. What the heck is that anyway?

I just can't seem to get enough of Moroccan dancing.

Hey Dave, you're finally going get an Italian flag-waving group. I know, it's been a long time coming.

Mo, do you have a need for a lumberjack inspired show?

I know Bob would love a Celtic folk music group. He would say it's to die for.

None of the new entertainment does anything for me.

I have a friend that sings in a Berber Shop Quartet.   ::)