Labor Day Weekend 2014

WARNING: This will not be a long trip report with lots of pictures, 1. Because we were only there 3 nights, 2. I seem to have forgotten to take pictures of much other then fireworks, 3. We didnt really do anything.

Labor Day weekend 8/29-9/1/2014

Woke up Friday 8/29 to rain, luckily I had most everything packed up, hooked up, and ready to go the night before other then a few last minute things to throw in the cars and unplugging the trailer. I always plan to get up and get an early start and figured with it being a holiday weekend it would be better to be to the Fort early and possibly have to wait for a site then to arrive at check in with a mass of other people. This was our first holiday weekend staying on property and was sure what to expect. I had no trouble booking our reservations the beginning of August but by the time I saw the discounts I was being told they were booking up. So figured it would be a busy weekend at the Fort.

Well of course we didn't leave early, but did get breaks in the rain to get everything finished up and head on our way. Beautiful trip over traffic wasnt bad no rain, all in all a nice drive. Arrived right at 1pm with my ID in hand (they always ask me for it at the gate house) well not this time, said hello checking in and was swiftly waved through and right into a open lane and up to a cm for checkin. Though all the lanes were full there was no wait at 1. Im not sure why but this was the first time I had done online checkin and it didnt really seem to go any faster haha.

Having grown up and working in the tourist industry I know as a cm they see lots of people every day and it near impossible to remember people, but I did recognize the cm checking me in as the same one from our june trip. Got all checked in and got a site we had not been in before, and was told the Fort was at capacity this weekend. Drove over to the overflow lot to unload the cart from the other car and trailer. Lucked out that there was plenty of room to pull into the little dip/ditch between the regular parking and larger parking with the road clear to unload. Hmm note to self make sure the jack is all the way up next time, scrapped a little pulling through.

Unloaded and off to our site. Now we have this worked out, I take the dog and trailer to the site while mom takes the golf cart and picks up the internet box. This give me time to get backked in, powered up, ac running, and sometimes more done. Its normally easier for us this way, and if I need help backing I ask or will get out of the way and wait for her to get there. Well got backed in, hooked up, and everything set up just in time for the rain to start. Seems like the perfect excuse to clean up and take a nap in the nice cool trailer. It was a warm day!

More to come and some pictures in the next post.

Moving on, had a nice nap and woke up to this

20140829_194820_zpsol0ik9au.jpg

What to do now, well we had both been craving steak so we decided to head out to Longhorn steak house. I have no idea how I got there but ended up coming out onto 192 by old town. Had a good dinner (sorry no pictures).

I had read on here (cant remember where) about Yehaa Bod, so after dinner we decided to head over to Port Orleans Riverside and check out be going back.

20140829_225320_zpsylm6jkkf.jpg

20140829_222425_zpsw65xpicv.jpg

And will be trying this the next time.

Took a walk around Port Orleans Riverside then headed back to the Fort to call it a night.he show. This was our first time to this resort, and like everything at Disney it was themed beautifully. we arrived just as one show was ending and could only get seats at the bar, so we grabbed them and ordered a couple drinks from a not so happy or friendly cm. We did end up getting luck and a table opened up next to the bar so we moved over. Enjoyed the show, participated some, but we were both tired and stuffed from dinner so decided to call it a night befroe the next show. Will definitely

We are not, I repeat we are not morning people.

We also do not plan very well, and mostly are go with the flow kinda people. Though we do enjoy the parks we also enjoy the Fort and just being away from home, so our trips to the Fort are a lot of times just to get away.

So woke up Saturday morning and it was a beautiful day but already getting hot. we decided to make a run down to camping world to replace the stove vent I lost the flap for. Well wouldnt you know they were sold out "we sold our last 3 this morning" oh well. So we decided to head over to the Poly and Kona Cafe for some lunch. Was my first time eating there, my mom, aunt, and uncle, had one there for lunch on our last trip while my cousin, her son, and I were at the MK.

20140830_143141_zps33lgsrrr.jpg

Was an excellent burger, mom had the pulled pork tacos which looked good. Unfortunately that left me to full for dessert. Did a little wondering around the Poly, got this picture of the work on the pool area.

20140830_152139_zpss8wpfn3a.jpg

Well it was time to head back to the Fort for a nap!

Saturday evening we decided to go do some looping before heading down to the beach to watch the EWP and fireworks. First stop was the bat house!

20140830_195054_zpsl3hsa4wt.jpg

I was really hoping to see some bats, unfortunately we either missed them or they have not taken up residence yet.

So we moved on to looping, forgot to look up fiends site numbers though we did see a sign but didnt see anyone around.

Now everyones favorite part EWP and fireworks. though this is the only time I seem to have really taken any pictures I wont bore yall with all of them. But here are a few I liked and one of the EWP just for Lou.

20140830_214858_LLS_zpsbgjhz0th.jpg20140830_220755_zpsqos3o8yi.jpg

20140830_221217_zpszbcv6bmt.jpg