A new challenge for the "MOs" in the group

I got an invite from a friend in my RADP group to the following event. October 19th.

How's this for park crazy??

Ride the top thrill attraction in all seven Orlando parks in ONE day! Hulk, Mummy, Kraken, Everest, Rock 'n Roller Coaster (get a FastPass from 4-5), Test Track, and Space Mountain. You must provide your own admission to the various parks, of course. We start in Islands of Adventure at 10am.

I know some folks that did something similar about 10 years ago, but they added another dimension by adding Bush Gardens and Pleasure Island to the mix.

They started the morning at 9am at Bush Gardens, then went to Sea World, then Universal/IOA, then all four Disney parks, riding one headliner in each park, then finished the night closing down Pleasure Island.

It does sound like fun. I have a problem with the list though.

Manta is far and away more thrilling than Kraken in my thrill loving opinion.

I agree with you.

And The Mummy at Universal Studios is far more tame than the Rip Ride Rockit coaster.  It's not even close- the RRR is the biggest thrill ride at Universal Studios.

Who the heck made this list, anyway?

TCD

Oh that would be awesome, especially if you throw Busch Gardens coasters in the mix!!!

For non-FL residents, there is the Orlando FlexTicket which gives you 14 days of unlimited admission for $360 to:

Islands of Adventure

Universal Orlando

Wet n' Wild

Sea World

Aquatica

Busch Gardens

But you'd still need the $150 for the 1-day PH at WDW.

So yeah, a bit spendy if you're not local.

But still awesome.  8)

But still awesome.  8)

I'd love to see a report from someone who does this.  I don't think it will be very awesome at all.

They're starting at 10, and figuring they won't make it to DHS for RNRC until between 4 and 5.  So, in the first 6 hours, they're planning to be able to ride just 4 of the rides. Under the current FP+ rules, the RNRC FP+ will be the only FP+ they are going to be able to use.  They could then ride single rider at TT, but will have to ride standby for Space.  It sounds like an awful lot of driving,  walking and waiting for a few rides.

TCD

I'd love to see a report from someone who does this.  I don't think it will be very awesome at all.

They're starting at 10, and figuring they won't make it to DHS for RNRC until between 4 and 5.  So, in the first 6 hours, they're planning to be able to ride just 4 of the rides. Under the current FP+ rules, the RNRC FP+ will be the only FP+ they are going to be able to use.  They could then ride single rider at TT, but will have to ride standby for Space.  It sounds like an awful lot of driving,  walking and waiting for a few rides.

TCD

I think you are discounting the fun of just being a with a group of fun people at an amusement park.  I know the stated focus of the day is the coasters, but I would probably just as much if not more fun driving, walking and waiting with the group, esp. some WW I know!

I don't think it will be very awesome at all.

Agreed, I like it easy and slow. If I get around to a certain attraction, fine, if I don't, that's fine too.

Party pooper.

TCD has a good reason for not doing it. He's bringing milk and cookies and is going to help me rotate my ping pong ball collection.

I think you are discounting the fun of just being a with a group of fun people at an amusement park.  I know the stated focus of the day is the coasters, but I would probably just as much if not more fun driving, walking and waiting with the group, esp. some WW I know!

Agreed!  And sometimes having a "mission" is just part of the fun.