A solo day at Disneyland. (California Adventire)

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How were the flying tire things? I've heard they were hard to operate and people got stuck a lot?

Out of the three rides in Cars Land it was the most disappointment. It's slow, and hard to maneuver. Yes people were getting stuck. The best way I found the best way to move was to lean back. It's ashamed because it has the potential of being a fun ride. I think they need to turn up the air pressure

I have seen rumors posted in a few places that Luigi's Flying Tires is going to be closed and replaced with another attraction in January: http://www.themeparkinsider.com/discussion/thread.cfm?page=275

I guess they've had a lot of problems with the attraction.

TCD

See my reply to Beckers.

I'm not a ride designer but I think if they could increase the air flow it would allow the cars(tires) to move better/easier and make for a better ride.

Boy am I slacking on these trip reports. I shouldn't have taken on two TRs at the same time.

Let's get back to Radiator Springs Racers.

The theming is awesome.

DSC03098_zps09005f0d.jpg

It seemed like I walked right on to the ride. I bet this line is a lot longer on the weekends.

image_zpse77212b7.jpg

Here's a picture of the regular line. I think the stand by wait time was 30 minutes but the this was the end of the line.

DSC03106_zps09cf3149.jpg

They had some interactive things for people to do in the regular line. You can't see them but inside the covered area.

image_zpsb26a54f8.jpg

I had a FP and I walked straight in to find this short line.

See the guy with the red shirt in the other line? That's the single rider line. It's also pretty short.

DSC03104_zps05e082a2.jpg

Right after I took the last picture the CM let everyone in front of me go in front of the people in the regular line and then stopped me. No big deal. Then she let about 10-15 people in the regular line go. And then I figured she would let me go next. Nope she let the regular line go again.

I didn't say anything. Then she let the regular line go again and the person behind me says. What about us? The CM looks at us and says I'm so sorry. She have me this pass and let me go in front of the single rider line and I got right on.

DSC03107_zps108566a4.jpg

Here's a few pictures from the ride.

DSC03105_zpsc1b172f2.jpg

DSC03109_zpscb8f8997.jpg

DSC03114_zps51d734a1.jpg

After a nice little drive and around the radiator springs country side you pull up next to another car and RACE!

Let's race!

DSC03130_zpsea1b8671.jpg

A steep curve on the race track.

DSC03128_zps1e06e19f.jpg

After the race they take your picture. I asked and they told me when it would take my picture but I was to busy taking a picture of the other car. Lol.

image_zpsacbe1cfc.jpg

Here's some pix from the inside portion of the ride.

image_zps6861c0aa.jpg

image_zps5732b7dc.jpg

All the characters are here.

image_zpsb680f5f0.jpg

image_zpsa6503803.jpg

image_zps28278a28.jpg

As the ride comes to an end Mater and Lightening are there to say good bye.

image_zps642cbab5.jpg

Well we are at photo limit and so this is a good place to stop for now.

Next we explore the rest of CA.

Thanks for reading along. I hope your enjoying the pix.

Ray

Took me the weekend to catch up on your TR. Looks like a fun place. Man you can pack in a lot of stuff in a day.

Well I'm glad it's on.y Saturday night because this gives you a chance to catch up again. Lol.

Thanks for reading along.

It was a lot of fun.

I guess when your flying solo you can get more into a single day. Also don't forget about Plan B.

Let's get back to California Adventure park.

After leaving Cars land I headed to DIT's favorite ride. The Little Mermaid ride.

pinkcameradiswneyland2014175_zps9b76084d

Wait time! What's that?

pinkcameradiswneyland2014176_zpse5912dff

This was the line, or the lack of a line. I walked right on.

image_zps88659196.jpg

pinkcameradiswneyland2014177_zps6b2490bc

Don't worry I won't bore you with pix of the ride as it's the same as the one at the MK. But I do like the fact that your outside the whole time your waiting in line.

But here's a pix of a place I really want to try. I've heard great things about it. This place is actually on the other side of the bridge so these two pix should be after the bridge picture and before the Donald Meet n Greet. But it went better here with the whole Ariel thing.

image_zps5f843347.jpg

A look at the menu.

raysiphone10142014023-Copy_zpse4d80dbb.j

Let's walk over to Paradise Pier.

pinkcameradiswneyland2014172_zpsfdcbbc85

When you walk over the bridge and by some gift shops you pass a character meet n greet. Donald was here this morning. Last time we were here DD and I got a pix with Mickey.

raysiphone10142014025-Copy_zps7adb36b6.j

Let's check out California Screamin'.

raysiphone10142014026_zps640448d5.jpg

Did you see that? 5 minute wait time!

Let's ride!!

raysiphone10142014027-Copy_zps58ab0ad9.j

I spotted the camera. And I got the front seat.

It's good to be h2odivers.

raysiphone10142014030_zps4547a864.jpg

That's Triton's carousel to the left and TSMM on the right.

And the big white wooden looking thing is California Screamin'.

Look at the middle of the pic and you'll see the loop on the coaster.

raysiphone10142014034_zps8328f50e.jpg

Another short wait. I didn't ride the carousel but it is really nicely themed.

raysiphone10142014035_zps1ba13b42.jpg

Time for a snack. That's called a churro. It's a fried donut type thing sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. Delicious!!!!

Here We are looking across the lake were the World of Color water and lights show is at every night. Also that ride, across the water, is the Golden Zephyr. It's goes round and round and round so I skipped that one.

raysiphone10142014036_zps5a84e429.jpg

Here's the wait time for TSMM. So I had to use Plan B again.

raysiphone10142014037_zpsad3096d5.jpg

This gave me about 15 minutes to look around the midway. There's Lots of carnival type games.

Here's a few pix.

raysiphone10142014040_zpsa1b1a42b.jpg

Notice how big California Screamin' is?

raysiphone10142014041_zps85d4c9e3.jpg

raysiphone10142014043_zps45c8f81d.jpg

raysiphone10142014044-Copy_zps8c5d9776.j

As you get to the end of the midway you get to the giant Ferris wheel. Sorry none of my pic came out. But the trail goes around the lake past two restaurants. After going by the two restaurants you get back to the area where the Golden Zephyr is and the viewing area for World of Color.

Here's a shot of the Mickeys fun wheel, the giant Ferris wheel.

I'm on the opposite side of the Midway taking this pix.

pinkcameradiswneyland2014171_zpsf23abf14

Photo limit. Be right back

Thanks

Ray.