SELF SERVE BEVERAGE DISPENSER COMING TO POOL SNACK BAR - Officially open. :)

Looks like Grumpy may be right.

On November 6, 2014, the same contractor who did all the recent work at Pioneer Hall recorded a Notice of Commencement relating to work which will be done on the "Meadows" snack bar.

Link:   http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/downloads/20140568525.pdf?parent=DOC1573S8388

Screen shots:

snackbarNOCp1_zps9b8d5325.jpg

snackbarNOCp2_zps1fb143ba.jpg

Some construction work is on the way.

TCD

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drink station will be open 11am-9pm Also don't give up on the Smothered Hot Dog. "Ask and you may receive". :D

New menu

The rumor is and from a very, very good source that in Feb 2015 a beverage station will be installed at the pool snack bar and it will be open from approximately 10 to 10. A quick serve food court may

2348 square feet?? 

This is interesting. 

Unless that is simply the size of the current complete pavilion....including the restrooms and covered sitting area. 

I'm pretty sure that sketch is showing what exists now.  But, it doesn't look like it includes the restrooms, just what's under roof with the arcade, snack bar and seating area.  You're right- that seems like it's currently less that 2,348 square feet.

TCD

• 1 month later...

Oh, I also saw a post on FB that there's currently a drink and snack stand of some sort setup across from Pioneer Hall.  If you're in the neighborhood, would you mind snagging some pics?  Pretty please?  :)

There is and I will. It's currently serving warm/hot cider since it's supposedly winter down here. I think there's one at the dock as well.

I never paid attention to the beer prices but Yikes six bucks for a Bud Light. :-

And that's why I rarely drink when I'm out. :) I was always shocked and appalled when my friends would go to baseball games and proceed to get drunk. I just couldn't imagine the hundred dollars spent on crappy beer!

Thanks Dave!  I'm going to plunk these in a thread of their own too, so they'll be easier to find and I can link to them from FB.

I never paid attention to the beer prices but Yikes six bucks for a Bud Light. :-

Yep, that is the going rate for standard issue "domestic" all over WDW.  Anything fancier and it goes up from there.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe they'll do something like Churchill Downs is adding for the Derby this year:

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/blog/morning_call/2015/01/churchill-downs-is-getting-diy-drink-machines.html

Guests at the new owners' suites at Churchill Downs will be able to experience the latest technology in self-serve beverage systems during this year's Kentucky Derby.

Levy Restaurants, the concessionaire at Churchill Downs, is installing an artificially intelligent robotic bartender called Monsieur around the suites, WAVE-TV reports.

Monsieur uses touchscreen, Cloud-based technology to enable users to customize their drink orders in seconds. The system comes preloaded with more than 300 drink recipes and the drinks are dispensed in a glass below the machine, the story said.

Monsieur's website says consumers can order their drinks via the machine's touchscreen or an app on their smartphone. The app will also monitor users' consumption, even helping them call a cab if needed.

• 3 weeks later...