SELF SERVE BEVERAGE DISPENSER COMING TO POOL SNACK BAR - Officially open. :)

The rumor is and from a very, very good source that in Feb 2015 a beverage station will be installed at the pool snack bar and it will be open from approximately 10 to 10. A quick serve food court may also be in the works, but a little later down the road.

Rumor confirmed - skip ahead for more details.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drink station will be open 11am-9pm Also don't give up on the Smothered Hot Dog. "Ask and you may receive". :D

New menu

The rumor is and from a very, very good source that in Feb 2015 a beverage station will be installed at the pool snack bar and it will be open from approximately 10 to 10. A quick serve food court may

The beverage dispenser I could care less about. Won't ever get a refillable mug at the Fort. Why should I take a cart all the way over to the pool, Meadows, or Settlement for a Coke product, when I can get a Diet Dew right from my own fridge or cooler right there at my site.

Now the Food Court, can't wait to see that. Sometimes we do want a quick meal, and don't want to take the time to boat to the Lodge or Contemporary. We have gone to the Meadows on occasion, but the limited menu there gets old fast.

Oh, I see.

If it follows the same track as the reliable rumors I heard about a new hotel being built at the site of River Country back in 2007, then I'm not planning on seeing it anytime soon.

TCD

Actually it came from someone who has been pushing for it internally. So we will have to see how reliable that person is.

Actually it came from someone who has been pushing for it internally. So we will have to see how reliable that person is.

Or how much power they have.

I don't think a CM at a resort has that much of a voice.

I still would like to know where they would put a food court.  The existing ones on property take up a lot of space, and take a lot of staff.  They couldn't do that at the pool.  The food they serve there now is brought in daily via golf cart and zapped in the microwave for each guest.  And that's for a small snack bar.  Logistically, a food court couldn't work in that area.

TCD

Or how much power they have.

I don't think a CM at a resort has that much of a voice.

I still would like to know where they would put a food court.  The existing ones on property take up a lot of space, and take a lot of staff.  They couldn't do that at the pool.  The food they serve there now is brought in daily via golf cart and zapped in the microwave for each guest.  And that's for a small snack bar.  Logistically, a food court couldn't work in that area.

TCD

They had a perfect quick serve location...... but they tore it down (Pop's Place)

They had a perfect quick serve location...... but they tore it down (Pop's Place)

I don't think that is all that great a location.  That's a bit of a hike from the Settlement bus stop, and the marina, and there is no guest parking available nearby.

I realize folks hike back there for the Backyard BBQ, but it's not convenient as an everyday, every meal location.

I would love to see a food court at the Fort myself, but I can't think of a location within the Fort where they could put one, and I sure don't see them spending money on a brand new building that would only serve the campground.

That's why I'm asking Grumpy for the details of the rumor.  Maybe it would make more sense if I heard the details.

TCD

Send me their name and I'll look up where he or she is on the clout meter.

Why don't we just wait and see if the beverage station shows up. When I said who's been pushing for that I was told "me"

Better yet, maybe we should all push for the DVC at River Country and then we wouldn't need the beverage station or quick serve and then we could just all go over there.

That's why I'm asking Grumpy for the details of the rumor.  Maybe it would make more sense if I heard the details.

TCD

As I said location wasn't mentioned, but don't you thınk they could make the necessary changes at TE to make it happen.

Does that meter range from a Bobby to a Lou?

You've got the top end right, and I know it's hard to believe, but it goes lower than a Lou.

When I said who's been pushing for that I was told "me"

This is where it gets tricky. A QS location falls under the F&B dept., which happens to be the dept. I work in. But it's located at a recreational location which is a different department. So you have F&B, Recreation, and the Fort which is Resorts, and all three have to agree to do it. Forget it, it will never happen in our life time.

Why couldn't they add on and share the kitchen facilities?

I can't see there being enough room for that.  If it's a food court, then they need the stations serving the food, and check out lines and seating.  I am picturing the food court at POFQ- which is a small one compared to some of the other resort food courts. The footprint of that is way bigger than Trail's End/Crockett's combined.  I can't see them doubling the size of Trail's End. As you said, earlier, if the DVC ever happens, I could see it.  If not, then no way.

Now, I could see them adding something smaller- like the little quick serve they have at Wilderness Lodge.  That would all fit in the existing space of Trail's End.  But, I don't see them spending money to add on to the building.  They don't spend that kind of money at the Fort.

TCD