Turkey Legs: A Fort Fiend's Poll

Lot of $$$ to spend on something that most people ignore on Thasnksgiving.

$12 is a lot, but even the raw ones are expensive in the stores.  My wife bought some so I could smoke them, but for the price of 2 legs, I could've bought 2 whole chickens.

Tell her Thanksgiving is just around the corner and she's welcome to have both of them off the turkey!

$12 could get you an entire turkey.

They look disgusting.  Big and red and greasy looking with all those tendons sticking out.  Blah.  And not something I want to stand and eat in the 90 degree sun.

They do seem super gross. They serve them in Texas at all the county fairs and theme parks...but they generally aren't so giant...or expensive. But she watched a dang documentary on "must have" disney treats and is now convinced that she must have a "machine made" pizza at Pizzafari and a turkey leg. 

I don't like to eat anything that looks the same on my plate as it did scampering about in the wild.  And that leg looks like a leg. I sound like a total weirdo.

Haven't had one in a while.  They're definitely messy - especially for walking around - and I find them to be a bit chewy and generally not so easy to eat.

I think they taste pretty good, and as for the price... they're huge.  IMO splittably huge, if you have someone else with you that doesn't mind needing a bath after they're done.  8)

The WDW drumsticks come from toms, the male turkey. They are much larger than the female turkeys that we normally eat.

See, now this is the boring answer, but it really does make sense.

Our dogs are on a raw diet and one thing they eat is turkey necks.  There's a huge difference between the size of the toms and the hens.  Some of the tom necks can weigh almost a pound.

They look disgusting.  Big and red and greasy looking with all those tendons sticking out.  Blah.  And not something I want to stand and eat in the 90 degree sun that's what got me, trying to get meat out from around all the tendons.

That's what gets me, having to gnaw around all of the tendons and getting covered in grease and juice, then walking around and going on rides.

No amount of wet ones will get you cleaned up!

At least at Thanksgiving you can plop one on your plate and cut the meat off.