I'm just asking for it in this post, and I'm sure it will go south, but...

We want to replace the toilet in our RV. Ours has a hand flush on the top/side and we'd like a foot pedal. Plus, we want one that actually flushes better.

Any recommendations? Serious ones? We've looked at a couple models online, but none seem go get great reviews.

My only recommendations.....go with china instead of plastic, and get a tall one, as the short ones aren't comfortable and if your RV bathroom is like many, there isn't much knee room as it is.  One last recommendation....consider one with a hand sprayer.  

I agree with this. Ours is a Dometic that is china instead of glass. It is also taller, which is a help since the bathroom is small. It has the foot pedal as well. No sprayer though, although I can see where that cold be a nice thing to have.

Our only complaint is the fact that if I don't get all of the air out of the water line before flushing it, it tends to spray water beyond the toilet when the air makes it through. We have that procedure down now, so no issue. Other than that, it works well.

My only recommendations.....go with china instead of plastic, and get a tall one, as the short ones aren't comfortable and if your RV bathroom is like many, there isn't much knee room as it is.  One last recommendation....consider one with a hand sprayer.  

I agree with this. Ours is a Dometic that is china instead of glass. It is also taller, which is a help since the bathroom is small. It has the foot pedal as well. No sprayer though, although I can see where that cold be a nice thing to have.

Our only complaint is the fact that if I don't get all of the air out of the water line before flushing it, it tends to spray water beyond the toilet when the air makes it through. We have that procedure down now, so no issue. Other than that, it works well.

Yes, we want taller and not plastic like our current one. 

I always look for a nice big tree. Preferably an oak, but maple will do in a pinch. Leaves. Lots of leaves nearby.

I know a few people who have hugged their's after a night of too much party. Oh, that's not what you meant, :rofl2:

Our SENECA came with this Thetford and it is the higher one and the foot pedal allows you to add water or do a complete flush.

http://www.thetford.com/Home/Products/PermanentToilets/StylePluswandwoWaterSaver/tabid/87/Default.aspx

One of the things that I did early on when we bought our RV was to replace the throne... Winnie put a foot flush, plastic Dometic model that was really cheap and just was not comfortable... I replaced it with a Sealand china model with a foot flush and hand sprayer. Not sure about some of the other models listed, but the one we have is able to use a standard seat from any Lowes or Home Depot instead of the plastic seat that typically comes with the unit from the factory...

We have a Dometic 310, it is a china bowl and foot flush. If you do go with a Dometic, avoid the 300 model as it has issues that were resolved with the 310.

It worries me that there were issues with an RV toilet that required a new model to resolve.

We have a Dometic 310, it is a china bowl and foot flush. If you do go with a Dometic, avoid the 300 model as it has issues that were resolved with the 310.

We have replaced the plastic toilets in all our old TT with the dometic 310. It's a great toilet, China construction and a great flush of water to do a good job on the bowl. The only downfall on our latest TT is that we could not fit the oblong bowl and had to buy the round due to space between the hole in the floor and the back wall. We also got a wood toilet seat from HD that had steel hinges so no coming loose for our toilet