Lost my mind, finally starting the report!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go!!!

11/8

My alarm was set for 4am and I woke up at 3:55 am. It was super easy to wake Adam up but I wasn't sure how the baby was going to do but she woke up on her own around 4:15 and Adam flew in her room and turned the lights on so she was up and ready to go. We left for the airport at 4:52 and arrived around 5:20. Security was easy they sent me to the TSA pre check lane so I could keep my shoes, light jacket on. I have no idea why but the fact that they did made it so much easier for me. The lady behind me was huffy because I had a lot of stuff but ironically she's the one who set off the metal detector. I had a lot of stuff (stroller, 3 book bags and a bag of medical stuff) but I was prepared and not holding up the line. Because I was carrying more than the typical amount of liquids they swabbed my cooler, and book bag but not the kids stuff or my bag of meds, nebulizer etc.

Got to the gate with 2 hours before departure ( we left early, ride to the airport was quicker than I executed and security was quick). We spent a lot of time looking out the windows until the sun came up and was blinding us, kids ran around, Adam made a friend and they played together. Squish (we call Elizabeth that) made friends with another little boy and they chased each other for a while. It worked out well because the mom stood on one side and I was on the other so neither could escape.

Ok now that I'm first I can comment properly.

I guess Adam was a big help running into Squish's room and turning on the light. Lol

TSA pre screen rocks

Huffy lady SMB. Instead of bring huffy she should have tried to help. Rude!

Kids making friends rocks.

Nice mother helping to keep the kids entertained rocks.

Squish!!! :rofl:

My God Daughter Elizabeth's nickname is Bug.

I literally Lol when I read Squish.

Squish & Bug! :rofl2:

Sounds like a great start to y'all's trip.

Bring on the cute pix of the kids.

There was a little girl who was letting the baby play with her build a bear Minnie and she loved it, she wouldn't leave the girl alone. I need to see if they still make them. They started preboarding at 7:35. We are a medical preboard because of Adam's allergies, it allows me extra time to wipe everything down and have it dry, etc. I was second in line and a lady kept trying to cut me and was giving me the stink eye and saying it wasn't family preboarding it was for medical only. I got tired of her huffing and puffing and finally asked if she'd like to see my paperwork, that finally shut her.

Thankfully the lane was not full so I was able to have a seat for the baby, I'm glad I didn't buy a seat because it saved a lot of money.

Adam played iPad most of the time and the baby napped for about an hour.

15789446932_da13ff58fb.jpg

When she woke up she was entertained with a cup for probably a good 20 mins

15789449032_2617f75126.jpg

The flight went smoothly, they did warn us about turbulence but it wasn't too bad. We ended up landing 35 mins early! That was a nice surprise. We made a potty stop as soon as we landed and this was in the bathroom. I found it amusing and figured most of you drive and may not have seen it before so I took a picture.

15788505465_aa21aaca98.jpg

After the potty stop we hopped on the tram/monorail/train, whatever you want to call it. We arrived early and were going to meet Jason to take the ME over to the Fort. We looked in the Nasa store, the Universal store (where Adam spent the money my mother in law gave him, he bought a minion school supply kit) and took some pictures.

15786637101_06a86352cf.jpg

We then headed down to ME where we met up with Jason. I have no arrival pictures, my hands were too full to take pictures going under the sign and they took us in the backway so no picture of the official Fort sign. We were the 5th stop, it went quicker than I expected but it is still slow torture waiting to get to your stop!

The flight went smoothly, they did warn us about turbulence but it wasn't too bad. We ended up landing 35 mins early! That was a nice surprise. We made a potty stop as soon as we landed and this was in the bathroom. I found it amusing and figured most of you drive and may not have seen it before so I took a picture.

15788505465_aa21aaca98.jpg

I'm in! Your kids are adorable!

This picture is hysterical. On what criteria do they want you to base your experience? Cleanliness? Or whatever business you took care of?

We beat my parents to the Fort by about 20 mins or so. We looked at the horses for a few mins before Adam asked to see something more interesting. We knew my parents had booked a preferred site so we headed towards the 100-300 loop. After we got off the bus my mom texted me we were in site 225. We met them there, dumped our stuff off and headed to TE for lunch. I didn't.t make adrs because I wasn't sure what time we would end up getting there, they said it was going to be a 30 min wait so they kids were happy playing, I don't think it ended up being that long.

15603684100_f10623ddd6.jpg

For some reason the baby liked picking up and carrying or pushing the horseshoe thing around.

15603687060_dbb64886dd.jpg

15790084292_7456632852.jpg

After we waited and the kids played, they called us. We let them know of the allergy when we put or name on the list, told the waitress who said the chef would be right out. And we waited, and waited, and waited. The waitress wanted to take our order for an appetizer but I refused to order anything until we talked to a chef, it was at least 10 mins before someone showed up. It wasn't even a chef but a manager. I was slightly annoyed but since the allergies are not uncommon, I didn't push it. The food was taking forever and my kids were getting antsy we went to the playground and had Jason text me when the food came.

Give me food!!! (Her eye still isn't back to normal)

url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/127708967@N08/15603693620/]15603693620_481f997d95.jpg

We ordered cornbread as an appetizer, I forgot to take a picture until it was almost gone. It was good but I like what I make at home better.

15786647201_e7e8764385.jpg

url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/127708967@N08/15788522015/]15788522015_90cc2a1b5d.jpg

I'm in! Your kids are adorable!

This picture is hysterical. On what criteria do they want you to base your experience? Cleanliness? Or whatever business you took care of?

I have no idea! Thankfully it was a happy smiley from us for all reasons lol. I knew fiends would appreciate this.

Adam had a cheeseburger, but I don't have any pics. My parents got them as well but I do have a pic of that.

15169086443_fe94349187.jpg

I had the catfish, sorry it's 1/2 eaten. I didn't want the greens and got regular veggies instead and sweet potato fries. It was really good.

url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/127708967@N08/15603369807/]15603369807_e71f761bff.jpg

The baby's 1/2 eaten grilled cheese

15791168732_0174a68349.jpg

While we were still eating we were told we had to decide if we wanted dessert because the kitchen was closing. I ordered ice cream for Adam.

url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/127708967@N08/15170212213/]15170212213_9fe8ebbc45.jpg

Checking out some decorated golf carts

url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/127708967@N08/15787782821/]15787782821_8a1d44d573.jpg

15766004306_d3d47cd23d.jpg

Your son and the light in the morning... that cracked me up.  My little brother and I use to wake up the baby in our family by sneaking into his room and then (loudly) saying "Wake up Joshua!!"...then we'd say, "Oh, did we scare you baby?".  He's still a bit jumpy to this day ;)

The cup...gotta love those simple things that will entertain a baby :)

Your little man is adorable...he looks so excited! :)