Our first trip in the new popup we were in the 1300 (full hook up back then) Just before 10pm we were in the camper in the A/C (It was late July) I hear this music plain as day.  I think there must be something going on over at the pool. So I decide to walk over and see what's up since it's so close.  I get to the pool and there's nothing but a few people in the pool but I still hear the music so I decide to go to the campfire area but there is just a few people watching the second movie of the night. (remember when they did that) But I could still hear the music even over the movie. So I keep moving toward the sound of the noise (sorry I can't call that music anymore).  I go past the 500, then 400, 300, 200, 100 still the noise continues.  I walk the path on the backside of 100 toward the TP and just when I get to where I can almost see the beach the noise stops.  I hang around about 5 minutes and then decide I better get back to camp I was not expecting to be away this long.  So I hurry back to camp. Like I said it's late July probably 85 degrees 99.999 % humidity. By the time I get back I am soaked through with sweat and just as I open the door to go inside the fireworks start.  I didn't figure out what was going on until the next night when the DW was reading the info they give you at check in and says lets go down to the beach there is supposed to be something called the Electric Water Parade and I heard you can see the fireworks from the beach afterward.  While I do like seeing the EWP they could turn the sound down from 10 to maybe 3 and I would like it a lot more.

EWP is still almost entirely original from back in the 70's. It's nostalgia at its best.

You're making my point, it hasn't changed in over a hundred years. Ok, that's a slight exaggeration.

Theme parks, and let's not forget that's still what WDW is and not a shrine to honor Walt and his now outdated attractions, are not about nostalgia, they're about entertainment, fun, and excitement.

Who said this?

"Around here ... we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious ... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

You're making my point, it hasn't changed in over a hundred years. Ok, that's a slight exaggeration.

Theme parks, and let's not forget that's still what WDW is and not a shrine to honor Walt and his now outdated attractions, are not about nostalgia, they're about entertainment, fun, and excitement.

Who said this?

"Around here ... we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious ... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

Blah blah blah....that's all fine and dandy.  But I have another quote for you:

"I envision a grand electrical parade on the water that will entertain guests every night for decades to come.  And if anyone ever tries to change it, the ghost of my dead frozen head will haunt them for eternity."

Blah blah blah....that's all fine and dandy.  But I have another quote for you:

"I envision a grand electrical parade on the water that will entertain guests every night for decades to come.  And if anyone ever tries to change it, the ghost of my dead frozen head will haunt them for eternity."

:bravo:

I remember the first year we stayed on the back part of 300 in the hybrid.  I almost hit my head on the ceiling when the EWP music started.

Still... we're not officially there until I hear it.

Sorry your tent sprang a leak, Jason!!

Hope you are able to stay at least somewhat dry.

If y'all could turn the rain down and the temp up a bit by Friday, it would be much appreciated.

Went and watched it tonight. Sadly I forgot to invite Lou to stay and see it with us. I'm such a horrible fiend.

Thanks for that Beckers, but I had neglected my ping pong ball collection way too long and needed to get back home.

It was annoyingly loud here at SoG, tonight.

So sorry Ed. I'd ask for a refund for annoyance.

It sounded pretty close to normal to me.

Maybe your stay will get better.

Maybe your stay will get better.

:lol:

Did it seem louder than normal? It was annoyingly loud here at SoG, tonight.

I'm telling ya... it DID seem louder to us this last stay.  I mean, it's always been loud but... wow...

I wonder if the construction has made them move where they play and that made it seem louder.

Interesting thought.  I say a few Fiends find the speakers and muffle them somehow.  Heck, I think you could cover them (the speakers) and you'd still hear it (loudly) up at the Outpost!

The speakers are on the boats. You know the guys working the EWP wear the same hearing protectors the guys on aircraft carriers wear.

No problem. Y'all pay for my flight to orlando. I'll bring my dive gear and let my Seal training do the rest. I'll have those speakers turned down before dawn.