We made the mistake last trip (first full week of October) of going to Epcot during the F&W deal. It was insanely crowded compared to everywhere else we went. We actually had to wait in line through the zig-zag queue for the Mexico ride! That has never happened to us before.

I approve of these suggestions. Surely they could have fixed Imagination back to its former glory with all the money they blew on MB/FP+ and then some.

• 3 months later...

Disney just confirmed that this is happening.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/more-opportunities-to-soar-enjoy-toy-story-mania-coming-to-walt-disney-world-resort/

One of the things we’ve heard from our guests is that a visit to Walt Disney World Resort just isn’t complete without enjoying the spectacular views at Soarin’ in Epcot or a spin through Toy Story Mania! at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Well, I’m excited to share that we are expanding both attractions by adding another theater at Soarin’ and more midway track at Toy Story Mania! We’ll also be updating the screens and projection system at Soarin,’ bringing a visually enhanced experience.

TCD

Don't expect the line to shrink too much.  I think this will only add 33% through put and with it being "New" again everybody will want to ride.  For the line to really be reduced they need to give us something else to do.  But glad to see they are doing something to help and not just trying to make a place for a longer line with "fun" things to do while in line. 

Don't expect the line to shrink too much.  I think this will only add 33% through put and with it being "New" again everybody will want to ride.  For the line to really be reduced they need to give us something else to do.  But glad to see they are doing something to help and not just trying to make a place for a longer line with "fun" things to do while in line. 

I agree.   It's not a ride I'm interested in doing every time I visit Epcot, and when I do, I'll use FP+ to ride it.  So, adding another theater does nothing for me.

The standby waits for this ride will continue to be long, as there simply aren't enough rides in Epcot.

TCD

I had to chuckle when we were there last week. As we were walking into Soarin' with our FastPasses, the wait was 120 minutes. I overhead an older couple talking:

Him: "Did you see the wait is 120 minutes? That can't be right, can it?"

Her: "Nah, there's no way it is 2 hours."

And they proceeded in.

I hope it was only an hour and 59 minutes for their sake.