You Want Me to Stay in this Camper "How" Long???

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally, first page bragging rights!   Glad nothing was lost out the back.  That would have been horrifying.

:)     Rick is not a huge camper, and this is the longest time he's spent in the camper (by about double), so one of the first things he said to me when I told him the dates of our trip was "you want

Great pics!  

While not the best Italian food ever, I've always enjoyed Tony's.  Very pleasant, great location, and the food is pretty decent.  

We don't eat there very often, but do enjoy it when we do.

Pictures of the MK never get old for me... neither do pics of your camp set-up!  Each time I say, "wow!"   :)

I really like MK and thanks!!  

Now, we're moving on to Friday, November 7th, once again the weather was awesome!

IMG_7449.jpg

At the time there was some talk that the prices on the ice machines at some of the comfort stations had changed.  I went around and took a few pictures to try and see what was up.

IMG_7451.jpg

Our buddy TCD was at the Fort

IMG_7453.jpg

IMG_7457.jpg

This was an odd looking contraption at one of the Comfort Stations

IMG_7458.jpg

IMG_7459.jpg

IMG_7462.jpg

IMG_7466.jpg

IMG_7469.jpg

IMG_7472.jpg

IMG_7475.jpg

IMG_7479.jpg

IMG_7481.jpg

The price has not gone up, BUT some of the coin accepters have been updated, and quite a few were out of order.

Now, we're back at the site

IMG_7487.jpg

Yes, we're using both a fan and a heater outside. Early in the morning, and evenings the heater was nice to take the chill off, during the day, the fan cooled things back off.

IMG_7488.jpg

We're about to head out for the day.... where are we off too? I actually don't remember, so we'll look at those pictures in the next update!

Ok, let's continue on....

We're at the Outpost bus stop

IMG_7489.jpg

IMG_7492.jpg

correction.... Outpost Bus Depot :)

IMG_7495.jpg

and Animal Kingdom was our destination, for actually the first time this trip

IMG_7498.jpg

IMG_7503.jpg

IMG_7507.jpg

Lots of walls here tooo

IMG_7509.jpg

IMG_7510.jpg

Here's Doug

IMG_7512.jpg

IMG_7517.jpg

Looks like Animal Kingdom has a backside of water too!

IMG_7518.jpg

IMG_7519.jpg

IMG_7520.jpg

IMG_7521.jpg

IMG_7522.jpg

As you can probably tell by now, we're heading for It's Tough to Be a Bug

IMG_7523.jpg

IMG_7524.jpg

IMG_7526.jpg

IMG_7527.jpg

IMG_7528.jpg

IMG_7530.jpg

I sound like a broken record, but we're wandering again

IMG_7544.jpg

More walls across the lake

IMG_7546.jpg

One of our favorite attractions

IMG_7548.jpg

IMG_7558.jpg

IMG_7560.jpg

IMG_7576.jpg

IMG_7597.jpg

IMG_7610.jpg

and that is close to photo limit, so will continue our wandering in a bit...

Our buddy TCD was at the Fort

IMG_7453.jpg

Hey, that's a great photo!

LOL!

And on that day we'd been home a few days and were still unpacking.  

Flights of Wonder is something that's on my to do list next time I go to AK alone.  David won't even consider seeing it.

Why won't David see Flights of Wonder?

It's a very entertaining show.

TCD

All caught up finally, thanks for the great TR. Especially great pics!    :D

BTW, how have you liked your Ford Sport-Trac?  I have been looking for a used one to maybe replace our Jeep as a Toad. Will a golf cart fit in the bed?

I LOVE my Sport Trac :) This is my second one. I had a 2002 Sport Trac with the V6, and then ordered this one in 09. It has the V8 in there.  It will NOT hold a golf cart in the bed. It has a short 4.5 foot truck bed. Also, I don't think it is towable 4-wheels down. It's a GREAT tow vehicle for small campers, but may not be good as a toad.

Looking at Carol's camping set up I want to be there for the show of setting it all up and packing it all away when they leave, I have heard you are a packing genius and from working at UPS so long it's nice to see someone else do it.

I LOVE my Sport Trac :) This is my second one. I had a 2002 Sport Trac with the V6, and then ordered this one in 09. It has the V8 in there.  It will NOT hold a golf cart in the bed. It has a short 4.5 foot truck bed. Also, I don't think it is towable 4-wheels down. It's a GREAT tow vehicle for small campers, but may not be good as a toad.

Thanks Carol, glad you like it, I still don't know why Ford stopped making them.   BTW you can tow them 4-down if it is the 4wd version you just have to get the "Neutral switch kit" from Ford and have it installed, it's the same one for the Explorers.  If we do get one I might look into one of those folding golfcarts.

Thanks Carol, glad you like it, I still don't know why Ford stopped making them.   BTW you can tow them 4-down if it is the 4wd version you just have to get the "Neutral switch kit" from Ford and have it installed, it's the same one for the Explorers.  If we do get one I might look into one of those folding golfcarts.

Aaaah, mine is 2WD, wasn't really interested in 4WD. You lose a bit of towing capacity, and they were more expensive!

I absolutely agree!!! Can't believe they quit making them. I DON'T want an F-150, really, but may end up with one in another 100K miles from now, if Ford doesn't come up with something!

A Cricket golf cart may fit.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back with a few more updates! I've got to finish this thing before the next big trip!!!!

We're still wandering Animal Kingdom :)

IMG_7641.jpg

IMG_7642.jpg

IMG_7644.jpg

Our friendly sky writer was on the job today, and check out that sky!!!

IMG_7650.jpg

We're heading on out for a special dinner this evening

IMG_7651.jpg

This is our next stop and hint of where we're going

IMG_7653.jpg

IMG_7660.jpg

We had made plans to meet up with Roller...Ed to have dinner with him!

IMG_7662.jpg

You can walk there from the Poly, and you can see, this is where a couple of Disney's Golf Courses are.

IMG_7667.jpg

IMG_7668.jpg

They remodeled and expanded this resort a few years ago, and it is Gorgeous!!!

IMG_7669.jpg

IMG_7675.jpg

On to dinner

IMG_7677.jpg

IMG_7679.jpg

IMG_7680.jpg

IMG_7681.jpg

Unfortunately, we had such a nice evening with Ed that we forgot to get a picture of the three of us, or even him :(

Coming next, a little bit of Christmas during Halloween, and what NOT to do with an DSLR :(

Time for another update...

From the next couple of pictures, I thought we were going to the Studios after we left Shades of Green, but looking further, I guess we just went to their parking lot....

That's what happens when it takes almost 6 months to finish a trip report!!

IMG_7682.jpg

As it turns out, I guess we were just transferring buses at the Studios, from the Shades of Green bus to a Fort bus. I have no clue why we went that way, but there you have it.

We were then back at the Fort. During our entire trip, they were "testing" the new Magic Band readers at the 900 Loop comfort station, and then this evening, they had it all covered back up....

IMG_7685.jpg

Of course, now we all know they got them all working.

Next, it looks like we were at the beach to watch the Mickey's Very Merry fireworks.  This was the first taste of Christmas from this trip

IMG_7686.jpg

IMG_7716.jpg

IMG_7747.jpg

IMG_7812.jpg

IMG_7823.jpg

IMG_7827.jpg

Then it was back to the camper for a few last pics before bed.  Because it's all coming down tomorrow....

IMG_7848.jpg

IMG_7851.jpg

IMG_7852.jpg

Nighty nite!

November 8th, 2014

Today was our last full day at the World...... so it was packing day. We had to get all that "stuff" back in the truck

IMG_7853.jpg

IMG_7854.jpg

IMG_7867.jpg

We had some visitors

IMG_7873.jpg

It's hard to tell, but we got it all packed up except for a few items that had to go in the camper the next morning.

IMG_7880.jpg

Then we headed for the Studios for the Osborne Lights!

IMG_7883.jpg

IMG_7893.jpg

On our way to the lights, it was sprinkling a little bit, and I had the camera under my jacket, well, somehow the clip that holds the camera to my shoulder strap came undone and the camera when rolling across the concrete :(

The automatic focus on the lens was toast, fortunately the body was fine though.........

Carol gets a new lens for Christmas!!! The lens that broke was the standard 18-55 that came with the camera. I got lucky and found an 18-135 lens on ebay for a very good price. It turns out that is the standard lens that comes on one of the higher end bodies, and a lot of folks upgrade the lens.

Anyway, onto some Osbourne lights pictures

The lens still worked as long as it was at the focus it was stuck on

IMG_7893.jpg

IMG_7897.jpg

IMG_7898.jpg

IMG_7899.jpg

IMG_7901.jpg

IMG_7903.jpg

IMG_7906.jpg

IMG_7914.jpg

Then the plan was to sit outside watching some football, and head for bed, and get out early the next morning, but the weather had other plans, so for the rest of the evening, we were stuck in the camper in the pouring rain. (The one night out of 18 that we didn't have our compound set up, it rains!!!)

Coming up, the final park morning, and heading home