Hey everyone!!!

My name is Eric and I am from southern NH. I am headed down after Thanksgiving Dinner at home. We will be arriving at the Fort and staying Nov 29th till Dec 9th. We can't wait!!!! It will be me, my wife and my two princesses age 9 and 6.

We are your typical Disney Nuts!! We are DVC owners and come down two to three times a year but have never spent any real time at the fort. I decided to put the DVC aside and head down in our camper for 10 nights.

My first trip ever to Disney was back in 1987. I came down in the summer with my school and spent fourteen nights at creekside meadow. It was the best vacation I ever had as a child and gave me my love for Disney.

I want my Girls to enjoy the Fort like I did and hopefully give them a great Fort memory like I have.

I just want to let everyone know this is a great site. I found you guys back in April when I booked the trip and have found so much info!! I come on here almost every night and read and read and read. I have also watched all the videos of the loops and sites etc. I have read many trips reports and advice you guys have given. We plan to spend so much time at the fort experiencing what the fort has to offer.

1st question. I have an approved fire pit. Do any of you guys actually have fires at night? Do you have to notify Disney that you will be using a fire pit? I don't need to bring it but would like to if possible. Nothing like sitting by a small fire with an adult beverage at night.

2nd. My outlaws are coming up for the second weekend to visit and might stay a night or two. Do I need to let Disney know at check in when they are coming and do I need to get a parking pass then or the day they come over?

3rd. Since we are arriving at the end of a holiday week is there any advice you guys have? Should we arrive early or late? I found all your info for loop requests and have that covered. I just wasn't sure if being early will help with the loop request at all or waiting to show up a little later in the day after the chaos of everyone checking in and out settles down?

4th. After taking the long trip down from NH I know the camper will be filthy. Is it ok to clean the motorhome at the site? I know a lot of places don't allow it and wasn't sure what Disney's policy was. I'm a neat freak and will need to was it up. If it's not allowed are there any truck washes close that I can stop at before I arrive?

Also since its my girls first trip there is there anything a 9 and 6 year old cant miss. We are doing the Hoop-Dee-Doo, the campfire sing along, trails end for breakfast and plan on watching the fireworks and water parade from the beach one night. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Welcome!

Outlaws. Lol.

Firepit yes. Adult beverages double yes. And you do not have to notify them.

Outlaws, no advance notice required. Just have them give your name at the gate when they pull up. No big deal.

Early or late it doesn't seem to make a difference. I guess getting there right after check out at 11 might be the best time. I think it's more luck though.

Don't know about the washing but I know someone else will know that one.

For your girls, the pool if its warm enough. Are you bringing bikes? The trail to the lodge is awesome. We walk/ride bikes to the lodge. I like it cause its away from the road and buses so its safer for the kids on bikes. We do this a lot in the morning to get breakfast at the lodge.

My daughter loves the "beach park". Would spend all day and night there. We sit on the rockers at Crockett's Tavern and watch her make new friends and play.

Have a blast!!

2sgn056welcometrain.gif

What year is your SENECA and which model?  We just traded our 08 3GS in on a fifth-wheel. Loved the SENECA, but we're doing longer stays (months vs weeks) and we wanted more room.

And yes you can wash it everyday if you want to. Some of the bored snow birds do. :rofl2:

Thanks Everyone for the quick responses!!!!

.For your girls, the pool if its warm enough. Are you bringing bikes? The trail to the lodge is awesome. We walk/ride bikes to the lodge. I like it cause its away from the road and buses so its safer for the kids on bikes. We do this a lot in the morning to get breakfast at the lodge.

My daughter loves the "beach park". Would spend all day and night there. We sit on the rockers at Crockett's Tavern and watch her make new friends and play.

Have a blast!!

Pool is on the list for sure if the weather cooperates!! We will have bikes. Definitely will have to ride to the lodge.Thanks for the suggestions.

2sgn056welcometrain.gif

What year is your SENECA and which model?  We just traded our 08 3GS in on a fifth-wheel. Loved the SENECA, but we're doing longer stays (months vs weeks) and we wanted more room.

And yes you can wash it everyday if you want to. Some of the bored snow birds do. :rofl2:

It is  a 2007 34 SS. I bought I from my best friends Dad back in april. It has low miles and was garage kept in winters and he owned a repair shop and meticulously maintained it.

Glad to hear I can wash it. If I was a snowbird I would probably be right therewith them washing it everyday!! Haha

WELCOME! 

Make sure you set aside time to really enjoy the Fort. You might want to add your in-laws to your reservations, so they can get Magic Bands (if they plan to go to the parks). 

The Outlaws have annual passes and magic bands. Living close to Disney has them going all the time with all the visitors they get. I added them already to all our fastpasses.

Welcome!

Looping in a golf cart or on bikes is a nice way to spend some time at the Fort, there should be some decorated sites during your stay. Visiting the other resorts to see the decorations and nice leisurely Fort days are always great.

We will have a golf cart and are looking forward to checking out everyone's decorations! I have a few inflatables to set up myself!!!!

Welcome Eric!

We're also from soithern NH and are actually here at the Fort now in the 300 loop.

There have been lots of fire pits going the past week or so as we've had some chilly nights.

Hope you have a safe trip down. We're sticking around until 12/5, so feel free to stop by and say howdy!

Welcome Eric!

We're also from soithern NH and are actually here at the Fort now in the 300 loop.

There have been lots of fire pits going the past week or so as we've had some chilly nights.

Hope you have a safe trip down. We're sticking around until 12/5, so feel free to stop by and say howdy!

I will absolutely try to stop in when we are out and about!

Sorry, Eric.  But one lunatic from southern NH is enough.  Can you maybe move?  Or at least lie and say you're a Canadian?  

Hahaha! I'm actually a born and raised Masshole as many call us. I'm a NH transplant cause of the wife! :D

I join my fellow Fiends in welcoming you, Eric.

The only thing I have to add is with respect to your question about the best time to arrive on Nov. 29.  You are arriving on a super busy holiday weekend.  The good news is that the mass exodus probably won't be until Sunday.  My guess is that there won't be very many open sites on Saturday, so there's no point in arriving real early.  I would suggest that you arrive around noon, and be prepared for the fact that your site may not yet be ready to occupy.  With it being a holiday weekend, it's not likely that you will have many sites to choose from.  You're probably going to have to take whatever they give you.  But, that's OK.  You'll still be at the Fort.

Enjoy.

TCD

Sorry, Eric.  But one lunatic from southern NH is enough.  Can you maybe move?  Or at least lie and say you're a Canadian?  

No smilies on the phone so...

PBBBBBBT!!   :P    :moon: 

Fixed it Mo   (Sorry I don't have your cool collection)  

Thanks everyone for the welcomes so far

I join my fellow Fiends in welcoming you, Eric.

The only thing I have to add is with respect to your question about the best time to arrive on Nov. 29.  You are arriving on a super busy holiday weekend.  The good news is that the mass exodus probably won't be until Sunday.  My guess is that there won't be very many open sites on Saturday, so there's no point in arriving real early.  I would suggest that you arrive around noon, and be prepared for the fact that your site may not yet be ready to occupy.  With it being a holiday weekend, it's not likely that you will have many sites to choose from.  You're probably going to have to take whatever they give you.  But, that's OK.  You'll still be at the Fort.

Enjoy.

TCD

Thanks TCD. I had that feeling. I was planning on rolling in around noon. Guess my plan was right. Wherever they put me is all good. Like you said I'll be at the Fort! We will enjoy ourselves no matter what!

Thanks everyone for the welcomes so far

Thanks TCD. I had that feeling. I was planning on rolling in around noon. Guess my plan was right. Wherever they put me is all good. Like you said I'll be at the Fort! We will enjoy ourselves no matter what!

Saturday will be a little crazy, but you will love it on Sunday when you get to watch probably half the campground pack up and go home.  That first week after Thanksgiving is usually very good crowd-wise.

TCD

:partytwo:  :welcome:

While I agree with TCD about the holiday week I always try to get there as early as I can.  It's luck of the draw if your site will be ready or not and on a holiday weekend there will be few options but if there are any they will go first come first serve.  Now I would not go out of my way to get there early but if it's a matter get there early or killing time someplace else why not be at the fort.  If you are bringing your own cart you can unload and go looping or you could use Disney transportation and go checkout the other resorts decorations.   There are a ton of things to do if you have to wait for a site. 

:partytwo:  :welcome:

While I agree with TCD about the holiday week I always try to get there as early as I can.  It's luck of the draw if your site will be ready or not and on a holiday weekend there will be few options but if there are any they will go first come first serve.  Now I would not go out of my way to get there early but if it's a matter get there early or killing time someplace else why not be at the fort.  If you are bringing your own cart you can unload and go looping or you could use Disney transportation and go checkout the other resorts decorations.   There are a ton of things to do if you have to wait for a site. 

I don't disagree with that.  But, considering that it's the Saturday after Thanksgiving, I think the odds of a site being ready early are very low. But, you never know.  People with a long drive home may pack up and get out of there, and since there aren't going to be a lot of sites to clean, maybe the site attendants will get them done early.  I've seen that happen before.  If you have to park and wait, the overflow lot will be crowded for sure, but it will be way worse on Sunday.

TCD