Using a condenser I am not sure it would be losing cold. Wouldnt the water going back in from the condenser be colder than when it started and keep the ice longer?

That's pretty much what they said. But it does have a small opening in it to pull air in to blow out. I asked what kind of insulation they used and he told me same as YETI.

From what i see no condenser, it circulates the cold water from the cooler thru a radiator that the air passes through. This means you are taking the "cold" out of the cooler and blowing it on yourself. The water circulating back will be warmer, thus melting the ice faster.

Hmmm, that looks similar to a swamp cooler, so in high humidity situations probably not as effective on the cooling part

It is somewhat different than a swamp cooler in that it isn't relying on evaporation to cool the air but the ice temperature itself. That being said it will be a humid cooling so I suspect that will mitigate some of the cooling effect when used in high humidity situations such as we have here in the south. I also think it would be fairly messy as the water vapor in the air condenses around the outlet.

This is simply an air to water heat exchanger. My buddy made one years ago when he did PI work from a hot parked van. Heat from the air is put into the water. The heat in the water is used up by melting the ice.

Due to various properties of water such as hydrogen bonding the heat capacity of ice is really high. IE ice can absorb a lot of energy before its temp is raised.

Nice but pricy

It's not for everybody. You have to think about it and figure out if you have a use for it. The guy showing it to me said his favorite use for it was to strap it down to the deck of his zero turn mower and cut his yard with A/C blowing on him and cold drinks. Which I thought was pretty cool.

It's not for everybody. You have to think about it and figure out if you have a use for it. The guy showing it to me said his favorite use for it was to strap it down to the deck of his zero turn mower and cut his yard with A/C blowing on him and cold drinks. Which I thought was pretty cool.

Makes me think someone has been watching too many Home Improvement episodes.  :tool:

This is simply an air to water heat exchanger. My buddy made one years ago when he did PI work from a hot parked van. Heat from the air is put into the water. The heat in the water is used up by melting the ice.

Due to various properties of water such as hydrogen bonding the heat capacity of ice is really high. IE ice can absorb a lot of energy before its temp is raised.

:huh: