Pirates of the Caribbean Extensive Refurbishment 2015

My question is whether it will be open 4/29.  I know that is before the refurb. date, but i am seeing so many reports of it being down other days.  I guess time will tell.

If I have a FP+ for PotC and it is down that day, will they offer me another FP+ in its place?  Will I need access to my e-mail in the park to take best advantage of that?

My question is whether it will be open 4/29.  I know that is before the refurb. date, but i am seeing so many reports of it being down other days.  I guess time will tell.

If I have a FP+ for PotC and it is down that day, will they offer me another FP+ in its place?  Will I need access to my e-mail in the park to take best advantage of that?

You get replacement FastPasses that are available at equivalent rides for the rest of the day. You do not need to schedule the replacement- just walk up to a ride and use it. The app does a good job of clearly providing the details.

It just happened today to us today with Test Track since they closed it for rain. It happened the past couple of days for various things.

8f68d46621f91f2f31c0b1ff6ed1951f.jpge8bff37fa9ff3222468162c97450a91e.jpg

One of those "other camping" FB pages posted a video yesterday of a CM in waders pushing a boatload of people backwards to a platform where another agent helped them off the boat and out an access door.  Looks like it was being filmed from another stuck boat waiting their turn to be pushed back.

That makes me sad and chuckle at the same time. Can you PM a link to me?

One of those "other camping" FB pages posted a video yesterday of a CM in waders pushing a boatload of people backwards to a platform where another agent helped them off the boat and out an access door.  Looks like it was being filmed from another stuck boat waiting their turn to be pushed back.

I haven't seen the photos, but that is not a rare occurrence.  Getting the video is rare, as CM's are trained to tell guests not to take photos or videos, but at this point, they're probably tired of having to say it.

TCD

Open....at least for now

Good luck!  Let us know if you get on.

Yikes!

They might want to consider moving that refub start date from May to March. 

Some rumor and speculation from WDWNewsToday.  This was posted right after the 2 day impromptu closure that some Fiends reported here last week...

A two day refurbishment of the attraction this week allowed Disney to assess issues with the new boats & the ride track and create a game plan to fix the system, removing safety concerns.

Last summer, a guest who had his hand outside of the boat lost tips of his ring and pinky fingers as the then-recently installed new boats rubbed against the older ride track. Guests were not permitted to sit in the last row of the Pirates of the Caribbean boats on either coast as Disney investigated the issues.

Beyond safety concerns, the new boats have been problematic with many taking on water or severe damage while riding along the ride-path. Guests have complained about getting much wetter on the ride than in years past, as the boats roughly passed through the turn in the track following the ride’s one drop.

Rumors have also insisted that some scene changes were coming to the ride in late-2015/early 2016, so it is unclear if any of those changes will be made now or wait for another refurbishment down the road. We’ll just have to wait and see on that.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/02/pirates-of-the-caribbean-at-the-magic-kingdom-to-be-closed-all-summer-due-to-safety-concerns/

• 1 month later...

Apparently the Pirates of the Caribbean closure/refurb has been shortened.

From Orlando Theme Park News...

As many of our Readers will remember, the Walt Disney World Resort recently confirmed that one of the most iconic attractions of the park - Pirates of the Caribbean - will close for a major refurbishment that was originally going to last more than four months. Earlier this morning, it was announced that the attraction is now scheduled to be closed from June 8 through September 25 (previously the refurbishment was scheduled to start on May 11).

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/04/pirates-of-caribbean-refurbishment.html

When we road the other day the fog screen wasnt fogging and no projection, but the voice was going. No mermaids moving in the water. And no splashes from the cannon fire in the water. 

The Disneyland Pirates is AMAZING!!!! Everything works and all is very cool!!!!

When we road the other day the fog screen wasnt fogging and no projection, but the voice was going. No mermaids moving in the water. And no splashes from the cannon fire in the water. 

And yet, everything was perfect when we rode. So hit and miss. Were they loading people in the back with you guys? They were when we rode. 

My sources tell me that the refurb is going to take 5 months, and the only noticeable difference is going to be the removal of Cap'n Jack Sparrow from all ride scenes, to be replaced with this.

pirateelsa_by_caninesrock-d7j7b4o.png

http://caninesrock.deviantart.com/art/Pirate-Elsa-455516952

When I first read this I said NOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!  then noticed who had posted it, good one DIT ;)

The Disneyland Pirates is AMAZING!!!! Everything works and all is very cool!!!!

Isn't it neat?  :)  Asked you in another thread (where I have no idea :rolleyes: ) if you had ridden POTC yet.  It's similar but so different to WDW's. 

And Disney will not save on labor. Those CMs must be employed somewhere. Disney can't just not schedule them. Unions and all. Those lucky ones will get to stand out front and let guests know it's down. The others will be sent to other attractions they are trained in.

Disney hourly CMs have a union? And is Disney not empowered to do layoffs?

*Edit*

Wow...I'll be darned. They do have a union.