Just made our first FW reservation. (This will fulfil an item that has been on the bucket list for 42 years!)  Did the reservation on line for September and signed up for a Premium site. My question is that at no point was there any question nor place to put what type or size of RV I am bringing. I know from the Fiends app that the length of sites vary and I would not be able to fit on some of the shorter sites. Do I need to contact them? Will they follow-up with me before arriving? Also there was no option to note or request a certain loop or site. Any advice would be helpful.

You can call them to give them a loop request and let them know of any size requirements.  Also, when you check in online (closer to the dates of your stay) you enter in camper length/slides/awnings/pets and also any loop requests.

You can also fax in a request for a specific site, about a week prior to your arrival.  For more info, go to:

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loopsite-requests-r125

WooHoo, another TN Fiend!!

There are a couple of nearby Grand Gatherings coming up at other campgrounds that you might be interested.

Desoto State Park in Alabama on March 20th

Bald Ridge in Georgia over Memorial Day Weekend

Then we usually have a Grand Gathering at Defeated Creek Park in Carthage, TN in September.

Come on and go campin with us!!!

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on booking the Fort! 

Carol, what is a Grand Gathering???

A Grand Gathering is where a bunch of Fiends decide to meet up and camp together for a weekend or so. There's usually a lot of yapping and eating involved. :) 

I join the others in welcoming you.  My standard advice to first timers is to relax and go with the flow. All of the premium loops are nice, and you're going to have a great time.  Don't stress about loops and sites.  After your first visit, you'll figure out what you like and don't like, and you will be in a better position to know what you want to ask for.

TCD

Yes, Grand Gathering, we coined the term when Disney used to have "Grand Gatherings" as a way to group reservations together and special events.

We probably should rename them Fiend "Feast" gatherings because we do eat!

Sometimes when we get together at other campgrounds, we enjoy it even more, because we tend to hang out together more. No dining reservations, or theme parks calling our name! Just yakking under the awning with a good fire and LOTS of good food!

Welcome!

As Carol mentioned we have some Grand Gatherings coming up that might interest you. The first one is the Desoto State Park GG in Fort Payne, AL. Details can be found here: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/14475-desoto-gg-fort-payne-al-march-20-22/?p=419549

The Bald Ridge campground GG which will be over Memorial Weekend looks to have 2 sites still available on the website. Details for that GG can be found here: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/13373-2015-memorial-day-bald-ridge-gg-1-site-left/

You can call them to give them a loop request and let them know of any size requirements.  Also, when you check in online (closer to the dates of your stay) you enter in camper length/slides/awnings/pets and also any loop requests.

You can also fax in a request for a specific site, about a week prior to your arrival.  For more info, go to:

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loopsite-requests-r125

^^^^^ This.

Oh, and welcome from another Fiend in Knoxville.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not from Tennessee but welcome anyway.

I noticed nobody posted a link to the campsite pages. If you haven't seen it there's lots of stuff I found useful for our first visit last October. The drive-through videos of the campsites are great.

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/site-classifications-r61

• 5 months later...

Quick update. We are traveling with friends who have not been to Disney since the mid 80's. We had reservations to stay 8 nights...just called today and added 2 more days!!! We had built up about staying at the Fort (even though it will be our first time). They had mentioned it to other friends and EVERYONE told them how great it is there. So we decided to staying longer. Plus got the reservation for a golf cart!!! Really getting excited. Looking forward to November but a few other camping trips before then :)