The Trip, Trip, Trip Report

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Monday and Tuesday were fairly similar in that we spent the days working on the project that El Hogar had planned for us – moving cinder blocks across campus and then using them to construct a wall wh

Wednesday:   Thankfully, I slept a little later than usual at home, and Ray slept a lot later than me, so we both woke up feeling refreshed despite our long travel and Epcot day yesterday.  We debated

Sunday – our last day!    I woke up on our last morning in enough time for one last run around SSR.  I had fun finding a Hidden Mickey in this here fountain:         It was yet another beautiful day

I finally told the boys we had to go because I didn't want them to have to witness one of those dolts cracking their head open.

Fun sucker!

This kind of thing has been going on for years. It I am surprised no one has been seriously hurt.

And, BTW, did you notice all the girls' hair ties that are thrown up there on the water tank platform? :

DSC00456.jpg

I don't know how this fad got started, but look at all the hair ties!

A couple or three of them belong to the TCD twins, and I may or may not have thrown one up there to. We are followers.

BTW- that is a great photo!

TCD

I am not sure what the throwing of pony tail holders is all about, but it started at the Fort.

TCD

Hey guys!  Sorry I've been slacking on this report!  Danielle was here over the weekend for a big family party (Buddy is now 70, for anyone who has been reading my TRs for a while!), and I was just overrun with stuff to do.  But after a one day weather delay, Danielle's now out west again and life is resuming some sense of normalcy, though I miss her again!  Anyway, I'm going to try to get this report going again so I can be way done with trip #2 before trip #3 starts!

Devine.    :banghead:

Can't say I didn't warn you!

Never heard of the rubber band thing on Everest. Interesting. I think. What's up with that!

I've often wondered about Bluezoo. 

We got into a "not really a cab" at the taxi area of Epcot. We didn't realize until we were part of the way. I'm surprised Disney is allowing that. 

You should definitely try Bluezoo.  It's so great.  

And yes, I was really surprised to have ridden a sketchy taxi van at Disney.  I really don't think it would have happened at a Disney hotel, but at the Dolphin or even a theme park like you, I guess anything is possible.

Which bridge to DTD did you find? The one by the boat launch at the Springs? Or the one at Congress Park?
DW and DD walked from the Springs to Congress Park and then to Ragland road 15 minutes before I got there on the bus from the Springs.

We took the one at Congress Park - very easy and fun.  Can you get to DTD from the boat launch area?  I think Ray and I may have crossed that bridge on a prior trip when we were staying at OKW and went for a run, but I honestly can't remember whether it goes all the way to DTD from that side.

I totally agree that walking can beat the busses!

Too funny on your (2nd) Everest picture. The guy looks terrified! Be thankful he wasn't sniveling into your shoulder the whole ride. Although he looks so uncomfortable the way he was.

And I already can't wait for your Treehouse trip...start saving those pennies!

Oh, I'm saving alright!  I think Danielle is suspicious of me planning a secret trip.  She is going to WDW with her boyfriend in June (yes, the same redheaded Patrick as we had last summer) and I'm getting her an AP.  Very little gets past her, so I can tell she's wondering when the next trip will be.   :)

Another great update!

Thanks!

The funny part of the Everest ride's picture- my sister's step-son is the exact same way. He'll ride everything but looks absolutely terrified while he does it. Bent over and hanging on for dear life.

Hysterical.  That guy was so funny!

I am not sure what the throwing of pony tail holders is all about, but it started at the Fort.

TCD

I had forgotten about that!  I guess people just decide to start something and see how far it will go.  So, where else in the world are there odd collections of ponytail holders?

Thursday

This morning, I woke up early to try something that I didn’t know whether it would be possible or not – getting same day FPs on old magic bands during AM EMH at the MK.  We had 8:25 ADRs at ‘Ohana, which I made before I realized that it was an EMH day.  I knew that by the time we got there after breakfast, that chances would be decreasing of getting as many good FPs, so I left everyone else in bed and hopped a bus to the MK around 7:00.  I was so close to the front of the crowd – only a couple of people between me and the rope.  I really, really thought about abandoning the whole reason I was there so early and just going and riding 7DMT as I knew I could get on and off pretty quick, but thankfully I stuck to the plan.

Sunrise over SSR:

IMG_5753_zpsxhknftdd.jpg

IMG_5754_zpso93o3ufa.jpg

Sun is all the way up now, and it’s looking like a great day:

IMG_5758_zps0hmfewu8.jpg

IMG_5759_zps9bcuy1sm.jpg

I was just two people back from the rope!

IMG_5760_zpsr37bhmdn.jpg

Love this:

IMG_5762_zpsvaqceney.jpg

We could see various CMs arriving and getting ready for opening.

IMG_5764_zpshhfrsjni.jpg

IMG_5765_zpsie5l9ayn.jpg

After the opening show (which I couldn’t even see as I was too close to the front), the CMs started walking everyone into the park.  But instead of following the rope down Main Street, I hung a left and headed into City Hall where I found what I was looking for – a FP kiosk right there waiting for me.  I hadn’t known whether it would be working on EMH or even if it would for sure be there, but it was!  I grabbed my handful of extra MBs (8 in total, not including the 4 we were using for this trip that already had FPs on them), and started getting FPs for all the rides we didn’t already have.  I knew that the girls were planning to stay at the MK all day until their dinner reservations at Whispering Canyon Café, so I just got the extra FPs in pairs so they could use them throughout the day. 

IMG_5766_zpsbbtkeree.jpg

IMG_5767_zpsmkpgqddg.jpg

My kiosk!

IMG_5772_zps0uubfgyn.jpg

And it worked!   We had our pre-planned FPs on our real bands, plus the girls had a ton of extra Fps throughout the day.  

After a complete success of a hack, I jumped the monorail and headed to the Poly, where everyone else had already checked in for our meal.  Shortly after my arrival, the buzzer went off and we were seated for what wound up being a really fun breakfast.  We had eaten at ‘Ohana for dinner when the girls were about 6 and 8, but that was a long, long time ago.  We were really pleased with the meal – both the food and the character interaction.  Jodi is now way too cool to accommodate me and stand in line for characters, so it was a fun, easy way to get some cute pictures without me having to endure too many eye rolls.

IMG_5775_zps7twgshed.jpg

IMG_5778_zpstilplvrg.jpg

I think Mickey snuck up on Jodi:

IMG_5781_zpst727ojtq.jpg

POLY_OHANA_7172823620_zps9iqx6af9.jpeg

IMG_5782_zpsnu9yrbmr.jpg

IMG_5785_zps7oekzihd.jpg

IMG_5789_zpsvwd0g1fi.jpg

IMG_5793_zpsofhvypv7.jpg

The cool kids even danced a little (just a little):

IMG_5794_zpsarlh3rnu.jpg

IMG_5795_zpsni0ssdnu.jpg

After breakfast, we jumped back on the monorail and zipped back to the MK and started using FPs!  First, we were able to walk on to both Space and Buzz with the girls, though we dropped them like a hot potato when they started talking about going on Stitch.  Ray and I had fun moseying around the MK, including the new Fantasyland which we hadn’t really checked out thoroughly before.  We did a couple of other rides standby and then ate some lunch from CHH outside.  The sun had warmed things up nicely and it was turning into a really nice day.

Old habits die hard.  Jodi has been doing this for years whenever given the opportunity on an empty monorail.  Her legs are just a lot longer now:

IMG_5798_zpsdnrnu6bf.jpg

We arrived!

IMG_5799_zpsqyeg2idz.jpg

Just a small crane in the background here:

MK_MSFIRSTA_7172855935_zps3qsveawo.jpeg

MK_MSFIRSTA_7172855939_zpsluvbdgp1.jpeg

IMG_5800_zpsenaskvop.jpg

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_7172903830_zpscttoo

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINA_7172879837_zpsj2cs3tt0

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINA_7172905568_zpsrkaqrlsz

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINA_7173488674_zpsuncpavvf

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINA_7173525121_zpsoxoqvofg

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_7173161122_zpsfdgyajzr

(The girls clearly rode Space a few times on standy.)

MK_MERMAIDBRIDGEICONNC_7172927937_zpsgtb

MK_MSFIRSTA_7172855944_zpstt1aaagt.jpeg

MK_MERMAIDBRIDGEICONNC_7172925868_zps1p5

IMG_5811_zpsrwuz8mfh.jpg

MK_MSATHCLB_7173481258_zpsldoskocs.jpeg

Even with all those FPs lined up, the girls had time to do a treasure hunt of some sort.  They looked like they were having fun with it.

IMG_5820_zpst4qs663m.jpg

After lunch at CHH together, we all split apart from each other for a bit.  Ray headed back to SSR for a big nap, the girls continued knocking out rides on the FPs, and I got to do something totally unexpected – go see a group of wild women I had no idea was going to be at the Fort while I was there!  I jumped the boat and walked to the 1300 loop where I was excited to meet several girls I’ve communicated with through the years here but none of which I’ve ever gotten to meet.  It was great spending a little time with them and also getting to see FW.  I hate that I didn’t get any pictures with them, but I did get a few of the Fort.

IMG_5825_zpssaoqzfrr.jpg

Shoe tree:

IMG_5826_zpshou6nhnz.jpg

Still a gorgeous day:

IMG_5827_zpsgkjdevaq.jpg

IMG_5828_zpspcweih8n.jpg

IMG_5829_zpsg5r4x2tr.jpg

IMG_5830_zpsc3po28yk.jpg

One of these days, I’ll get to stay in one of these 100 loop cabins:

IMG_5831_zpswpi5zzfq.jpg

After an extra fun visit, I walked to the front of FW and intended to catch a cab, but thankfully was driven by one of the FW CMs in a van straight back to our room at SSR, where I grabbed Ray and headed to the pool for a while.  After relaxing for a bit, we returned to the MK in time to ride a few more rides and then hightail it out of there before the 7:00 parade. 

Guys apparently working on the castle from this bucket:

IMG_5832_zpsg7ay8n8f.jpg

MK_MINETRAIN_7173599486_zpsuye2uorn.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_7173599541_zpsnle1wiiy.jpeg

Ray and I had planned to do dinner at the Wave, but there was no way.  We were dead.  We pointed the girls toward the boat to WL and caught a very crowded bus back to SSR, where we grabbed whatever dinner looked best in the pictures displayed at the CS spot, headed back to the room and tried to not pass out completely before the girls returned.

Next up:  A rocking good time at HS!

All I can say is you all take wonderful pictures, you look like your having a blast. Did anything get said to the girls about the collection of magic bands they were wearing?

Not hair bands but some of the ski resorts I have been to off of some of the lifts and in the trees are a collection of bras hanging from the branches, I always said I would like to  have been there to watch the girls take them off to throw in the trees!!!!!!!! I am sure they were brought with them but hey let a guy use his imagination :rotfl6:

Hey- even I am learning something new here.  I am surprised they have the FP+ kiosks on for EMH's.  That is a hack variation that I need to try.  It would be pretty awesome to show up at the MK for an EMH rope drop, hit the kiosks, and then get a Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Roll before heading back to the Fort. 

A man can dream, can't he?

TCD

Yay!  Y'all haven't left me yet, despite how long this one is dragging out...

Wow, what a great MK day!

Yup!  It really was.  :)

Very full day!  

The extra MB hack worked great for you.  Is it not possible to book FP's online on those bands?  Because they are not linked to an active AP or ticket?  Not sure how that all works.  

Oh, and Stitch SMB.  Both at Ohana and at his ride.  That's all.  (Although I'd still go to Ohana for Mickey waffles).  

As best I can tell, you can't make the FPs on the extra bands because they're not linked to any active ticket.  But, I think (emphasis on think) that you can modify them online or on the app once they are made.  I never tried though, so I can't say for sure.

And yes, no matter what else is happening there, anywhere with Mickey waffles is worthy.  Even if Stitch is there.

I agree!  Some really great pictures.... no surprise there ;)

Clarify on the extra MB's and FPs.... so, if we have extra ones from past trips, you can load FPs on those as well??

Yes - take your old MBs, at least ones that are for people who are different from the people who are going on your current trip.  For the members of your party who are traveling with you this time, their old bands won't work as they are all associated with the same person.  But if you have some bands for other travelers, they should work for this hack.  We apparently have had a revolving door of extra people on our trips, so I've wound up with a collection of bands to be able to do this with.

All I can say is you all take wonderful pictures, you look like your having a blast. Did anything get said to the girls about the collection of magic bands they were wearing?

Not hair bands but some of the ski resorts I have been to off of some of the lifts and in the trees are a collection of bras hanging from the branches, I always said I would like to  have been there to watch the girls take them off to throw in the trees!!!!!!!! I am sure they were brought with them but hey let a guy use his imagination :rotfl6:

I don't think anyone ever said anything to the girls about their multiple bands, but I also think they tried to be a little inconspicuous with them.   :ph34r:

Now, the bras in trees thing is just awesome!  Someone should start that at Disney.  Kind of like the shoe tree!

Hey- even I am learning something new here.  I am surprised they have the FP+ kiosks on for EMH's.  That is a hack variation that I need to try.  It would be pretty awesome to show up at the MK for an EMH rope drop, hit the kiosks, and then get a Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Roll before heading back to the Fort. 

A man can dream, can't he?

TCD

Cool!  I did something TCD hasn't done!   B)  The EMH was the portion of the equation that I didn't know whether it would work or not, but it did.  And yes, I think your EMH rope drop, kiosk MSBCR and back to the Fort plan would work perfectly!

So the CMs didn't freak about all the extra bands the girls were wearing? 

Love all the pictures. You guys always look like you are absolutely LOVING life. 

You haven't done `Ohana dinner since your kids were little? WHY?

We do love life when we're there.  Every moment is awesome.

I know about 'Ohana.  It had definitely been too long!!!

Friday

After such a big day on Thursday, I still woke up early on Friday and decided to go on a run around the resort while everyone else slept in.  I ended up running over to the Treehouse Villas to check them out, as I was already by then trying to start thinking through a possible New Years trip there.  The thing I learned this trip is that the THVs don’t have their own busses to the parks.  Rather, you have to take a bus to the main bus stop at SSR and then wait for the right park bus to come.  That could be a deal breaker for us, but I don’t think so.  We may end up renting a car to get to the parks would be the way to go.  Fun things to contemplate.

No one swimming this early in the day!

IMG_5835_zps06tbzne4.jpg

The bridge from SSR to the THV area, I think:

IMG_5838_zpslvtowg4v.jpg

IMG_5839_zpsdydvjc34.jpg

Anyone know what this thing sticking up way high out of a bush is?

IMG_5840_zpskge9ac5u.jpg

I didn’t take any pictures of just the treehouses, but here is the pool there.  It’s tiny, but there are only 60 treehouses so I guess it’s adequate.  They do have a hot tub, so that’s good.

A bus that picks up just to go to SSR:

IMG_5842_zpswi7cqqdd.jpg

When I got back to SSR, I started noticing these birdhouses.  There were tons. I wonder if they’re functioning birdhouses or if they’re just decorative.  I’m not very bird savvy so I have no idea what kind of bird would want to live here.

IMG_5843_zpssh1ycvgu.jpg

After my run, I headed back to the room to try to get everyone moving so we could make our lunch ADR.  Through these two trips, I’ve learned that the best way to get teens moving is food.  Especially if you’re a pushover and let them eat it in the bed.

IMG_5844_zpshdm0ev76.jpg

We finally made it to HS, where we got our first look at the partially deconstructed hat.

IMG_5847_zpsfg8p4lpp.jpg

IMG_5848_zps8sy44qq8.jpg

And accompanying that first look at the disassembled hat was our first picture in HS looking in the opposite direction:

STUDIO_HBFIVEDM_7173884282_zpsrxpaxtjp.j

So where did we go to lunch in HS?  Sci-Fi, of course!  We’ve gotten to where that is our most likely restaurant in all the world to go to on any trip.

IMG_5851_zpsmohikgzd.jpg

IMG_5852_zpstfateg93.jpg

After lunch, we stumbled on what really made the whole trip to HS worthy, even if we hadn’t ridden anything at all – the world famous Mulch, Sweat & Shears!  I know they’ve been there forever and pretty much do the same stuff all the time, but they really hit our spot this day.  We watched the set that was just starting when we got out of lunch and then went back after Star Tours for another.  There was a photopass guy there on the first set and he got tons of pictures of us, especially Susan when she got chosen to help the band. 

STUDIO_ROVER1_7174020746_zps1z7vmlzf.jpe

STUDIO_ROVER1_7174020748_zpsxawqum7o.jpe

STUDIO_ROVER1_7174036605_zpspfkxhxkm.jpe

STUDIO_ROVER1_7174035953_zpsvaenioza.jpe

STUDIO_ROVER1_7174036013_zpsnujhleua.jpe

STUDIO_ROVER1_7174036636_zpsrntakiqh.jpe

STUDIO_ROVER1_7174037309_zpsacq9gsmk.jpe

STUDIO_ROVER1_7174037312_zpsmrseomd8.jpe

STUDIO_ROVER1_7174037322_zpsrgzqrf2n.jpe

And just for fun, here’s Jodi’s video when her phone was stolen by the lead singer:

http://youtu.be/oo7VkedLBFE

I’m not going to give up my day job and start following the band, but we sure had a good time.

After all our fun being band groupies, we first battled Darth Vader, flew off into space, headed to RNRC and TOT and then happily hopped the bus back. 

STUDIO_SPEEDERBIKEICON_7174145434_zpsh5k

STUDIO_SPEEDERBIKEICON_7174145435_zpsp3w

STUDIO_SPEEDERBIKEICON_7174145437_zpsutr

There’s one in every crowd:

STUDIO_SPEEDERBIKEICON_7174145436_zpsrum

IMG_5877_zps2l7zezks.jpg

IMG_5878_zpsvl8lhvre.jpg

IMG_5880_zps86ukmucb.jpg

STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_7174199727_zpsp

STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORARIDE_7174250612_zps

STUDIO_HBKEYSTO_7174166846_zpsjzuh8vvj.j

STUDIO_HBKEYSTO_7174166847_zpszghtav4w.j

Everyone had just a little bit of downtime before it was time to head to Epcot for dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh. 

http://youtu.be/Y0HeBIxEuqo

Dinner was great and we felt fully satisfied with our day. 

After supper, we returned to the room for a relaxing evening in the room and a relatively early bedtime.

Up next:  Our last full day  :(

lklasing, on 26 Feb 2015 - 10:19 PM, said:

The bridge from SSR to the THV area, I think:

IMG_5838_zpslvtowg4v.jpg

IMG_5839_zpsdydvjc34.jpg

IMG_5842_zpswi7cqqdd.jpg

When I got back to SSR, I started noticing these birdhouses.  There were tons. I wonder if they’re functioning birdhouses or if they’re just decorative.  I’m not very bird savvy so I have no idea what kind of bird would want to live here.

IMG_5843_zpssh1ycvgu.jpg

A

We finally made it to HS, where we got our first look at the partially deconstructed hat.

IMG_5847_zpsfg8p4lpp.jpg

STUDIO_ROVER1_7174037312_zpsmrseomd8.jpe

STUDIO_ROVER1_7174037322_zpsrgzqrf2n.jpe

STUDIO_HBKEYSTO_7174166846_zpsjzuh8vvj.j

STUDIO_HBKEYSTO_7174166847_zpszghtav4w.j

The landscaping around the treeshouses looks very pretty.  The "bird" houses.... pretty sure those are for bats.  Just kidding ;)

I miss the hat.

Seriously... best family photos.  I LOVE the two with the band... and the ones of you all in the picture frames.  Fun times :)

As best I can tell, you can't make the FPs on the extra bands because they're not linked to any active ticket.  But, I think (emphasis on think) that you can modify them online or on the app once they are made.  I never tried though, so I can't say for sure.

Yes, once you get those FP+'s, they show up on the app, and they can be changed- both the time and the attraction (subject to availability, of course).

Obviously, that is if you are using MB's that are associated with your MDE account.  I currently have more than 50 on mine.

Oh how I wish I could see TCD's face when he sees the pictures with his favorite band.

You know me well.  I can't stand those guys.  Ugh.  I'm glad you Leslie and her gang had fun with them.  And the photos are nice.

Those look like purple martin houses to me.  

I think the treehouse area looks nice as it reminds me of the Fort.  And you like the Fort cabins even though you need to take an internal bus to catch the park bus....would this be much different?  

Great report!!

I agree- purple martins- and they're the real deal, not just props.

I also agree that the Treehouse area looks like the Fort.  But even more so, as they haven't clear cut the wilderness around the treehouses like the idiots in charge of the Fort did.

And, as long as I'm agreeing with everything you said- I also agree that this is a great report!

One last comment:  Ray won the lightsaber photo contest.  By a long shot!

TCD

Looks like ya'll are having a great time!

That tree house villa for New Years sounds like a great idea.  I actually looked into doing that once for my extended family but I had the same worries as you, internal bus and away from everything. 

Oh and thanks for the bits of info about the DVC booking, I always wonder about how easy it is, I've toyed with the idea of buying some smaller quantities of points to use for smaller trips so any info is appreciated.

Thanks for posting this trip report and keep it up, it's giving me the fever to go back sooner than I expected!

WBI

We did the Tree house for the week between Christmas & New  Years 2 years ago and you are right you really need a car, we drove that year so it worked out for us. I think that is the one down fall there but when my son said, Dad it feels like we are camping here it was worth it. Also the large deck is really nice much nicer then a small balcony like at other DVC resorts.

Oh how I wish I could see TCD's face when he sees the pictures with his favorite band.

I know!  Almost as good as sneaking a picture of Devine in somewhere you know Dave will see is.  

How is the food at Restaurant Marrakesh?  David won't eat there because he's afraid the food will be too spicy or weird.

I love the food at Marrakesh.  But I like weird food a lot of the time.  It's definitely different, but I think it's very yummy.  It's definitely not too spicy, or at least everything we had wasn't.  Y'all should try it sometime, and if David doesn't like it, you can always grab a pizza afterward.  (Been there, done that many times with Ray!)

The landscaping around the treeshouses looks very pretty.  The "bird" houses.... pretty sure those are for bats.  Just kidding ;)

I miss the hat.

Seriously... best family photos.  I LOVE the two with the band... and the ones of you all in the picture frames.  Fun times :)

Thanks!  And I miss the hat too, though I'm looking forward to seeing the theater when the hat is completely gone.  The partial deconstruction just wasn't attractive at all.

Also, no bats!  They can only keep bats in BABHs!   :lol:

Those look like purple martin houses to me.  

I think the treehouse area looks nice as it reminds me of the Fort.  And you like the Fort cabins even though you need to take an internal bus to catch the park bus....would this be much different?  

Great report!!

Martin houses - I bet you're right.  The holes look about the right size (like I know much about bird houses, but I bet you're right!).

I do love the cabins, but at FW we always have a golf cart.  Now, if we could get a GC and park it at the bus stop at SSR to go straight to a park, then that would really be something!

Great report.  Ya'll are having such a great time. Memories for a lifetime. 

Thanks!  We definitely did have an awesome time.

Yes, once you get those FP+'s, they show up on the app, and they can be changed- both the time and the attraction (subject to availability, of course).

Obviously, that is if you are using MB's that are associated with your MDE account.  I currently have more than 50 on mine.

You know me well.  I can't stand those guys.  Ugh.  I'm glad you Leslie and her gang had fun with them.  And the photos are nice.

I agree- purple martins- and they're the real deal, not just props.

I also agree that the Treehouse area looks like the Fort.  But even more so, as they haven't clear cut the wilderness around the treehouses like the idiots in charge of the Fort did.

And, as long as I'm agreeing with everything you said- I also agree that this is a great report!

One last comment:  Ray won the lightsaber photo contest.  By a long shot!

TCD

50 people on your MDE!  That's impressive!  Real or fake people, that's a lot of MBs if you have one for everyone!

I'll tell Ray he won the photopass contest.  He'll be pleased that his hard work paid off.   B)

Looks like ya'll are having a great time!

That tree house villa for New Years sounds like a great idea.  I actually looked into doing that once for my extended family but I had the same worries as you, internal bus and away from everything. 

Oh and thanks for the bits of info about the DVC booking, I always wonder about how easy it is, I've toyed with the idea of buying some smaller quantities of points to use for smaller trips so any info is appreciated.

Thanks for posting this trip report and keep it up, it's giving me the fever to go back sooner than I expected!

WBI

We did the Tree house for the week between Christmas & New  Years 2 years ago and you are right you really need a car, we drove that year so it worked out for us. I think that is the one down fall there but when my son said, Dad it feels like we are camping here it was worth it. Also the large deck is really nice much nicer then a small balcony like at other DVC resorts.

Saturday

Sorry to be so slow in finishing up this part of the report!  I promise I'm almost done!  Thanks for hanging in there!

Saturday morning, I woke up one minute before my alarm went off and made another wildly successful trip to the MK to score FPs for the girls who would be going there that evening.  I loaded the old MBs with rides between 6:00 and 10:00 p.m. for them to use, and then got back in time to get them moving toward the AK for their morning there. 

Ray and I had different plans, though.  We decided to have our first-ever whole day at the resort!!!  We had breakfast and then headed to the pool, where it was just warm enough to feel great in the sun.

cd5710ae-fdae-450a-9590-8bb451ce7aa7_zps

Honestly, I was almost nervous about not going to a park that day.  My theory has always been to do on vacation the things that we can’t do at home, and the parks are the most obvious choice to me.  But it was GREAT!  We just laid by the pool almost all day and relished the warmth and sun.  I highly recommend giving it a try sometime if you’re like me and don’t like to slow down.

The girls, on the other hand, hit AK pretty hard that morning.

AK_AFRICABRIDGE_7175167144_zpsigjhhupy.j

AK_BRDGTOP_7175176317_zpsjztidbpj.jpeg

Apparently, there’s no such thing as too many rides on Dinosaur:

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_7174996570_zpsewmhbcn0.j

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_7175044886_zpsbrrodn2l.j

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_7175027488_zpsajid4cmq.j

Or EE:

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_7174954243_zpsa

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_7174969518_zpsf

I think we all went to DTD together that day for lunch at House of Blues, after which Ray and I resumed our hard job of holding down the lounge chairs at the pool.  I thought this was cute of Jodi in a carriage right outside the Carriage House:

IMG_5909_zpsevonwrvk.jpg

Of course, the girls had no interest in spending their last full day relaxing, so they headed back to the MK to shut it down on the one night it was open late while we were there.  They did a terrible job of taking any pictures, but at least I got a few ride photos:

MK_MINETRAIN_7175872924_zpsitosk6le.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_7175873317_zpsf8gmzcn1.jpeg

Their Space Mountain fellow spaceship passenger leaves a lot to the imagination:

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_7175715772_zpscuemelat

MK_SPLASH_7175752654_zpsogof6d6c.jpeg

They blew through the FP+ I had lined up for them, and somehow even wound up getting these given to them by a CM toward the end of the night:

IMG_5928_zps80u1e3yb.jpg

Somehow, while the girls were at the MK that night, this happened:

MK_GROTTOACHAR_7175827303_zpsvi80n6k2.jp

MK_GROTTOACHAR_7175825724_zpsbufbqzbg.jp

MK_GROTTOACHAR_7175825728_zpsgkrc4rpf.jp

My girl who would never voluntarily go see a princess somehow got confused between the Little Mermaid ride and Arial’s Grotto so I wound up with princess pictures after all!  :)

Meanwhile, back at SSR, Ray and I were enjoying doing lots of nothing.  It was a beautiful day.

IMG_5912_zpsbaxwqexc.jpg

IMG_5915_zpsfjmv0a9p.jpg

IMG_5916_zps4jkxw7fd.jpg

All good things must come to an end, though, and it definitely got too cool to keep just sitting outside when the sun started dropping.  So, we grabbed a bus to the MK and headed to the CR to try to get in to the sushi bar for dinner.  We didn’t have any ADRs but I just had a good feeling that we might get lucky if we tried.

IMG_5918_zpsbu7kijie.jpg

And we did!  We got to watch the sushi chefs in action and had an awesome last dinner.

IMG_5919_zpshm15w67p.jpg

I had sushi while Ray had a salami (pastrami??) flatbread or something like that.

IMG_5920_zpsesefxpgt.jpg

IMG_5921_zpsdi4gmcqo.jpg

And I totally got this dessert:

IMG_5922_zpsfx0wopxu.jpg

And yes, it was as good as it looked!

After dinner, I think we grabbed a cab back to SSR and waited for the girls to roll in pretty late.  But everyone had a great day – just the kind of day they wanted to – so it was an absolute success. 

Up next – We leave!  :(