• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So for the momentous, and more than a little ridiculous, occasion of my 25,000th post (yeesh!) I figured what better than to pay homage to the place and the people responsible for all my blathering on

Congratulations Mo!  I have expressed my gratitude before, but will say it again……I am grateful to you and the other admins who do all the behind the scenes work to maintain this site.  I would add th

Gretchen needs to do the same thing Mo.  I want to be in the living room and start the fire in the fireplace, seldom do we have weather to justify a nice wood fire and tonight is a good rainy cool one

damn, I could never talk enough to do 25,000 posts, you know how shy I am :)

you mean you could never stop talking long enough to post 25,000 times. LOL

Thanks Mo. and thank you to all the Fiends here and gone. You have all become a group of friends to me and I know I can always count on you guys when I need assistance. And I hope you all know that if I can help in anyway I am here for you as well. 

One more reason I thought of...

Because while people may leave or stay away for any number of reasons and any length of time, they're always welcome to return and jump back into the Fiend pool.  :)

and that would be a person like me.  So many times during the year my life pulls me in other directions, like this time of year with the Yukon Quest running and the Iditarod about to start March 8.  And then of course the Cornell bird cams. ( Did you know they have a cam on a great horned owl nest in Georgia with 2 chicks and another on an Albatross nest in Hawaii ?) But whenever I'm able to come back here you greet me and I feel welcomed once again.

BTW  in only 4 days Mo has over 100 new posts!!!!  You go girl!

Gretchen needs to do the same thing Mo. 

I want to be in the living room and start the fire in the fireplace, seldom do we have weather to justify a nice wood fire and tonight is a good rainy cool one.  BUT here I sit with the Quest spot tracker page on one screen and the other jumping between fortfiends, the dog sled forum, and even facebook tonight.  And I was just heading to LR when I thought, let me check FF.  LOL

I want to be in the living room and start the fire in the fireplace, seldom do we have weather to justify a nice wood fire and tonight is a good rainy cool one.

That's what I'm thinking of doing this weekend. They're forecasting highs in mid 30's for Saturday. Might even bring out the campfire grill and buy some marshmallows to fill in for the being too cold to camp.

Congratulations Mo!  I have expressed my gratitude before, but will say it again……I am grateful to you and the other admins who do all the behind the scenes work to maintain this site.  I would add that I also appreciate the occasional posts you put on other social media sites to keep those of us who can't come by here very often in touch.  It also serves as a reminder to pop in and say hi.

And, I will echo what someone else already said about being away, then coming by for a visit and made to feel very welcome, no matter how long you've been gone.  Everyone here is so nice, and the sense of community stays the same even as the group continues to grow.

:banana: WWW mission

Well you know I'm in!  8)

Congratulations Mo!  I have expressed my gratitude before, but will say it again……I am grateful to you and the other admins who do all the behind the scenes work to maintain this site. 

Well Jen and (as much as it pains me to say it) the fairies get all the credit on the back end admin side of things.  I'm just the whackadoodle cranking out as much content as possible and trying to keep it semi-organized so y'all and especially anyone new, can find it. 

But even there, so many other people contribute so much in terms of content... in which case I'm just the one that goes around giving them all up arrows.  :)

I also appreciate the occasional posts you put on other social media sites to keep those of us who can't come by here very often in touch.  It also serves as a reminder to pop in and say hi.

Oh good - I'm glad that's helpful!!  I try to do it as often as I can but especially when something new and/or particularly interesting pops up.  And if it reminds folks to pop in once in a while, all the better!!