As far as te led lights go you can change them. We are building a new house and 90% of our lights are led. They have different hues of light. Go by lowes or Home Depot and look at the displays that show the different hues. I think we went with "cool white". Originally the electrician had started putting in a hue that had a blue tint to it and we didn't like it. So we changed it. Maybe you can find a color you like also.

Great tip!!  Thanks :)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd go for closet space and you can always build or purchase a ladder.

That was our thought on that too... soon, she will be able to get herself in/out and it's just the bed so it's only at night.

You have to remember that RV dealers are not like auto dealers. You can end up at the bottom of the service list, they put their customers first. Some dealers have even been known to refuse warranty

You know, I just remembered, that my inline fuse blew at the battery as well when I brought our new Jayco home last May. I changed it and it hasn't happened again. I don't know if it had to do with the trailer jack or not, but like I said, it has been fine since. Glad you found the problem and if the other dealer finds anything more, I'd be interested in the findings as well.

Best Regards,

Norm

Nice I like it

Thanks!

You know, I just remembered, that my inline fuse blew at the battery as well when I brought our new Jayco home last May. I changed it and it hasn't happened again. I don't know if it had to do with the trailer jack or not, but like I said, it has been fine since. Glad you found the problem and if the other dealer finds anything more, I'd be interested in the findings as well.

Best Regards,

Norm

Yeah... we're wondering if the battery was drained and then when we plugged it into our house, somehow that blew the inline fuse?  Who knows... hopefully it was just a one-time thing.

Yeah... we're wondering if the battery was drained and then when we plugged it into our house, somehow that blew the inline fuse?  Who knows... hopefully it was just a one-time thing.

The trailer looks nice.

A severely discharged battery can result in a blown fuse/fuses in the charge line due to drawing excessive current. It should stop once the battery has enough of a charge to continue charging at a normal rate. So if your battery was severely drained that could explain what you had happen. 

Just a thought but if you will be dry camping a fair amount or have other situations where the battery will be drained on a regular basis you might want to have the fuse changed out to a circuit breaker. Since you are taking the trailer in anyway it may be worth your while to talk about it with the dealer.

Just a thought but if you will be dry camping a fair amount or have other situations where the battery will be drained on a regular basis you might want to have the fuse changed out to a circuit breaker. Since you are taking the trailer in anyway it may be worth your while to talk about it with the dealer.

Thanks.  No real plans for dry camping, but I will keep the circuit breaker idea in mind.

Thanks!

That is very possible, especially if you put a load on the system before the battery was fully charged. That happened to me once when I first got the trailer. Had to store it without power and the battery drained. Brought it home, plugged it in, and when I turned on the air conditioner, the fuse popped every time. Then decided to leave the AC off, let it charge for several hours, then never had a problem again.

Major Congrats on the new rig!  I know you guys are going to have a blast in that thing...  Our neighbors and their friends recently went to the local camping show here in Raleigh and purchased 2 identical units of the same brand you guys bought.  They are not the same floor plan but are the Jayco White Hawk line.

Major Congrats on the new rig!  I know you guys are going to have a blast in that thing...  Our neighbors and their friends recently went to the local camping show here in Raleigh and purchased 2 identical units of the same brand you guys bought.  They are not the same floor plan but are the Jayco White Hawk line.

Thanks! :)

Jayco has a couple of floorplans that we really liked.  The one I really wanted, had a HUGE shower... but the weight was an issue for our TV.  Thinking it through however, the tub will be very useful for our youngest for a few more years so, we are very happy. Also, at first thought we wanted a u-shape dinette but (after sitting in several) we realized that the four of us would fit better in a traditional 2 booth set-up so the floorplan we ended up getting really is the best fit.

Hope your neighbors love theirs as well!!

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

A few more changes made... painted the walls in the main area (living, dining, kitchen), the master bedroom and painted the upper kitchen cabinets (although they are not quite as bright white in real life, I think my flash added extra brightness B)).  Also pulled out one of the dinette seats as we never used it and needed room for the pup's crate.  We have two fold out stools if we do ever need to eat inside and if/when we sell, I'll but a two cute dining chairs from IKEA and put them there.   I also added a couple of hooks under our bed, to hold shoes (we do have a shoe caddy area, but this gave us a place for a couple more ^_^)

In the bathroom, I took down the medicine cabinet as it was very small and more in the way (over the small sink) than helpful.  So, pulled it down and added a huge mirror and wire shelves.  This works much better for us and it feels much more open!  Also took down the standard RV shower curtain and put up a cute one for our kiddos.  

IMG_1808_zpsw92eumzv.jpg

IMG_1806_zps32zc1lug.jpg

IMG_1811_zpstgbk1aky.jpg

IMG_0873_zpsu7uegqan.jpg

IMG_0871_zpstqqig7oi.jpg