If you take the 8 or so screws out of the outside cover on the AC unit there will be a sticker near the compressor area that will give the details about it. On that sticker it should list the BTU's that it is rated for.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd go for closet space and you can always build or purchase a ladder.

That was our thought on that too... soon, she will be able to get herself in/out and it's just the bed so it's only at night.

You have to remember that RV dealers are not like auto dealers. You can end up at the bottom of the service list, they put their customers first. Some dealers have even been known to refuse warranty

Ok Nacole, I'm gonna weigh in here... I have been patiently following along anxoiusly waiting for pictures only to find my hopes getting dashed tonight that we won't see any for at least a day or two...

As for for the A/C, if you take down the grill on the inside of the camper, there should be a tag somewhere that will list the model number. Not sure which brand A/C is used, but it will probably be a Dometic or Coleman, so you should be able to Google the model number and it tell you what size you have.

I am so sorry that you have been having all these issues, but once you get it out and able to camp in it, all of those sour experiences will melt away!

If you take the 8 or so screws out of the outside cover on the AC unit there will be a sticker near the compressor area that will give the details about it. On that sticker it should list the BTU's that it is rated for.

Thanks... crawling up there now....FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!

Crawled up there, took off the cover, nothing said BTU... but I took a bunch of pictures; found the manufacturer  (Airxcel Rv Products) and with the serial number they were able to confirm that the unit IS a 15kBTU system.  It is a Coleman-Mach.  Thank you Lord!!

Doing my happy dance now   :stars-shower-smiley:

Crawled up there, took off the cover, nothing said BTU... but I took a bunch of pictures; found the manufacturer  (Airxcel Rv Products) and with the serial number they were able to confirm that the unit IS a 15kBTU system.  It is a Coleman-Mach.  Thank you Lord!!

Doing my happy dance now   :stars-shower-smiley:

You have no idea how much I am impressed by you and doing that. I HATE GETTING ON MY CAMPER'S ROOF!

Atta girl!

You have no idea how much I am impressed by you and doing that. I HATE GETTING ON MY CAMPER'S ROOF! Atta girl!

Tom and heights do not mix well... so I'm always the one up on the roof (we only have a single story home, so don't be too impressed) and the camper.  This camper is much easier as it came with a ladder on the back.  With our hybrid, I had to prop the ladder against the trailer which isn't as convenient.

Great news!

Looking forward to seeing you and your new camper at Bald Ridge.

Looking forward to meeting you! :)

I'm impressed too!  There's no way I'd get onto the moho roof.

Haha... it's not too bad, although I will say that this one is a little trickier to walk on (compared to our hybrid) as it has a rolled roof.... good for water run off though :)

Tom and heights do not mix well... so I'm always the one up on the roof (we only have a single story home, so don't be too impressed) and the camper.  This camper is much easier as it came with a ladder on the back.  With our hybrid, I had to prop the ladder against the trailer which isn't as convenient.

The irony is that I only dislike heights if I'm not secured in some way. Camper roof, ugh. House roof, double-ugh. Rock climbing and harnessed in- oh heck yes.

I can't wait to do the various glass overlooks like at the Willis Tower and Grand Canyon.

2869653221_f53d19d628.jpgSafe Climbing by dougsetzer, on Flickr

Gwen and heights do not mix well either.  So David is the one who's always going up on the moho roof and the house roof (two stories in the front).  

Haha... I guess David and I will have to waive to you two then :)   Oh, wait.. we'll be at the Fort; I sure hope there's not a reason for EITHER of us to be up on our roofs!

The irony is that I only dislike heights if I'm not secured in some way. Camper roof, ugh. House roof, double-ugh. Rock climbing and harnessed in- oh heck yes.

I can't wait to do the various glass overlooks like at the Willis Tower and Grand Canyon.

That makes perfect sense!   Maybe you just need to tie off when you're up on the roof working :)

That's funny. When the roofers were putting on our shingles I want to help. That's way I can say I helped with ever part of the build. The crew chief insisted I wear a harness. I said heck no I ain't afraid of no heights. He finally said ok and I climbed up the roof. I climbed to the peak nails down one ridge cap and then I realized I had to climb down. I couldn't walk down the roof. It was to steep (10/12 pitch and 32' from the peak to the ground). Crew chief asked if I wanted a harness now. I said no way but I really wanted one. I ended up sliding on my butt all the way down. Needless to say the crew all thought it funny. Lol.

Crawled up there, took off the cover, nothing said BTU... but I took a bunch of pictures; found the manufacturer (Airxcel Rv Products) and with the serial number they were able to confirm that the unit IS a 15kBTU system. It is a Coleman-Mach. Thank you Lord!!

Doing my happy dance now :stars-shower-smiley:

Oh thank goodness. I would have been so mad if it wasn't.

Btw. You were outside climbing in the TT and you couldn't take one picture of the unit to share?

That's funny. When the roofers were putting on our shingles I want to help. That's way I can say I helped with ever part of the build. The crew chief insisted I wear a harness. I said heck no I ain't afraid of no heights. He finally said ok and I climbed up the roof. I climbed to the peak nails down one ridge cap and then I realized I had to climb down. I couldn't walk down the roof. It was to steep (10/12 pitch and 32' from the peak to the ground). Crew chief asked if I wanted a harness now. I said no way but I really wanted one. I ended up sliding on my butt all the way down. Needless to say the crew all thought it funny. Lol.

Forget about the crew, I thought is sounded pretty funny  :lol:

Oh thank goodness. I would have been so mad if it wasn't.

Btw. You were outside climbing in the TT and you couldn't take one picture of the unit to share?

Haha... yes.  I can take an exterior shot; it's interior that's a mess.  I promise to post pics soon! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay... so we're back from our first weekend out; we had a great time :)   Sorry for the bad cell phone pics, but here are few from the inside and one from the outside (the camper has been sitting out in front of our house, for the past two weeks  :rolleyes: ).   There was so much to like about this TT, it was WONDERFUL having the extra room!  Only thing that we could find "fault" in, is we wish the awing was a little bigger.  It's more of a "standard" size, but Jayco could have easily made it another 3 feet wider; we've seen other manufacturers do this and it's really nice.  Still, small thing for everything else that was sooo nice :)

Love our nice our lawn looks here... really, it's just weeds  :)

PART_1431288277746_20150505_130617_zpsoz

Kind-of tough to take a picture of the "bedroom".  The bed is a queen size but man...if you were a tall guy, it would be tough as Tom is 5'11" and his feet just about touched the door!  It was nice to be able to close off the doors and watch t.v. at night.  The mattress definitely needs a topper though... very, very firm!!

PART_1431288234513_20150508_161153_zpswc

Counter space ended up being more usable than I thought.  When we first walked the unit, I didn't care for all the open space behind the sink as I didn't think that I would use it.... turns out, I did :)

PART_1431288219409_20150508_161318_zpsjt

Sorry... bit blurry.

PART_1431288203436_20150508_201349_zps2h

Kids bunk are almost a full size; they both really like their space :)

PART_1431288252764_20150508_161010_zpsea

Oh.. on the battery.  Tom changed the 30 amp fuse located right next to the battery and that made all the difference.  Not sure how it blew but... oh well, it's working now :)  We will still have the dealership take a peak.

Just realized that I didn't take a picture of the bathroom.  Nothing out of the ordinary there.  It does have a door outside which is nice.  You can see the doorknob to the bathroom, to the left of the bunks in the last picture above.

Looks great. I like the "shoe storage" under the entertainment area. Other than the bathroom, you forgot one big picture, we want to see a picture of that skylight that gave you all those problems.

Haha... I can take a picture of that.  Turns out, I REALLY like the skylight.  The reason for this, is all the lights inside the camper are LED which is great for energy conservation, but I don't really like the look/color of the light.  Reminds me of a doctor's office or old school bldg.... so, the skylight lets in a TON of natural light and I found that I only had to turn a light on for a few minutes a night :)   And the shoe garage area, yes... that's really neat too :)

As far as te led lights go you can change them. We are building a new house and 90% of our lights are led. They have different hues of light. Go by lowes or Home Depot and look at the displays that show the different hues. I think we went with "cool white". Originally the electrician had started putting in a hue that had a blue tint to it and we didn't like it. So we changed it. Maybe you can find a color you like also.