• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd go for closet space and you can always build or purchase a ladder.

That was our thought on that too... soon, she will be able to get herself in/out and it's just the bed so it's only at night.

You have to remember that RV dealers are not like auto dealers. You can end up at the bottom of the service list, they put their customers first. Some dealers have even been known to refuse warranty

I'm pretty sure they are the same size, just swap out the units. Make sure there is no charge difference since that is what you agreed upon on the final price.

Best Regards,

Norm

How can this be so hard?  I pray, pray, pray that the hard part is actually getting the silly unit and that after that, it's just camping joy.  Mercy, can you imagine the troubles with repair work at this dealership?  Sad that what should be a fun, exciting, experience.. has only been a headache. 

It's a lot of dealerships unfortunately.

Last May we picked up our new Jayco X23F hybrid from the dealer and brought it home 2 hours away. The next morning I went up on the roof to put on the vent cover and lo and behold no vent kid, it blew off on the ride home. After emails and calls back and forth, I finally was able to get a new vent installed after dropping it off on Veterans Day 5 months later and picked it up during Christmas break, 2 months later. Nothing leaked over the winter that I can see, so hopefully that is finally resolved.

Now, all this ensued AFTER our original pickup date in April when we drove down and as we were going through the PDI, we found one of the bed tenting they were going to have to replace because it was ripped and inside a piece of paneling was broken. We went outside and the front bed door looked like a pickup backed into it while the bed was down because of the two dents in the edging of the door. If it was hit hard enough who knows what else could have been wrong. I ended up pflipping out and told them I wanted nothing to do with that unit and to give me the other one at the other location.

I kept watching their site and that unit was eventually put up for sale a couple months later. I really hope whoever bought it didn't get screwed.

So things could be worse!! LOL  Hopefully the worse is behind you and everything is smooth sailing/camping from here.

Best Regards,

Norm

I will count my lucky stars, the dealer I have worked with has been top notch. Both warranty repairs were completed, one on time, and the other a week ahead of schedule! All I can do is read some of these stories and shake my head. Nacole, I am sorry you are having these issues, hopefully you will find your JAYCO the solid build we know and you won't have to work with this dealer on post warranty issues. I really think you should document this entire experience in chronological order and forward to both management teams at CW and JAYCO.

My head hurts....

QUESTION:  I want the larger a/c, but am not thrilled about CW installing it.  I already have an email into Jayco to confirm that they will warranty it however.... question that I have is an install one.  Do any Fiends know if a larger (15k from 13.5k) unit is installed...will CW have to cut into the camper or do they "simply" unbolt the one that is there and install a larger one that is about the same size, just a stronger motor?

Installing an a/c is so easy even GRUMPY can do it. :) I've probably installed/swapped 10 a/c's over the years either my own or for friends and it is very easy to swap units. It is just a matter of removing 4 bolts and some wires (and they may not even have to undo the wiring) they may be able to use the same control box and resintall the bolts. I swapped the 13,500 a/c on our SENECA for a 15,000 heat pump. Easy peasy.

Installing an a/c is so easy even GRUMPY can do it. :) I've probably installed/swapped 10 a/c's over the years either my own or for friends and it is very easy to swap units. It is just a matter of removing 4 bolts and some wires (and they may not even have to undo the wiring) they may be able to use the same control box and resintall the bolts. I swapped the 13,500 a/c on our SENECA for a 15,000 heat pump. Easy peasy.

From your mouth to God's ear... and the tech's head!!

I will count my lucky stars, the dealer I have worked with has been top notch. Both warranty repairs were completed, one on time, and the other a week ahead of schedule! All I can do is read some of these stories and shake my head. Nacole, I am sorry you are having these issues, hopefully you will find your JAYCO the solid build we know and you won't have to work with this dealer on post warranty issues. I really think you should document this entire experience in chronological order and forward to both management teams at CW and JAYCO.

Okay... so I should have bought from your dealership!  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay Fiends... so we are "suppose" to pick up the camper on Saturday.  Is it sad that I'm both excited and irritated at the idea?  This experience with Camping World has been so frustrating.  Oh...can't remember if I provided the last update:  Spoke with Jayco VP who sent me the MSRP sheet on the trailer, it DOES have a factory 15k BTU furnance but Jayco did NOT install the skylight (apparently CW did, but once again just lied about the facts).  Jayco will warranty the skylight; I have that in an email.

So... our appointment is for 11am.  What should I be prepared for?  Are we expected to sign the finance paperwork before or after the inspection (is that what it's called?).  Tell me some specifics to look for at the inspection.  Wish I had one of you with us...  :)

If it was me I would not sign any papers or give funds until after the inspection & any issues fixed, Maybe this will help http://www.rv.org/enc6969.pdf

Paperwork is usually signed after. Look at EVERYTHING and ask ANYTHING. Good luck and have fun with the new camper.

Best Regards,

Norm

Thank you....

Okay Fiends... so we are "suppose" to pick up the camper on Saturday.  Is it sad that I'm both excited and irritated at the idea?  This experience with Camping World has been so frustrating.  Oh...can't remember if I provided the last update:  Spoke with Jayco VP who sent me the MSRP sheet on the trailer, it DOES have a factory 15k BTU furnance but Jayco did NOT install the skylight (apparently CW did, but once again just lied about the facts).  Jayco will warranty the skylight; I have that in an email.

So... our appointment is for 11am.  What should I be prepared for?  Are we expected to sign the finance paperwork before or after the inspection (is that what it's called?).  Tell me some specifics to look for at the inspection.  Wish I had one of you with us...   :)

Sad that they can't get their facts straight and just tell the TRUTH. 

Sad that they can't get their facts straight and just tell the TRUTH. 

I know, right?!  Honestly... that's what bugs me.  The mistakes, I get it.  I wish they weren't so... but none of us is perfect.  But lying?  That's something that you can avoid.

When I picked up my camper the guy doing the walk through with me suggested I record or video anything I want while he was talking. 

At the time I thought I didn't need to but I hit record anyway on my phone and put it in my shirt pocket.  That audio has actually come in handy a couple times on some stuff I couldn't remember.  If both of you do the walk through it might help also. My wife wasn't able to be there for all of it so I had to rely on my memory, my questions, and that audio recording.

Good Luck!

WBI

Also, get on an owners board for your model camper. Best thing I ever did. Read our board exhaustively before buying mine. Made a huge difference on the walkthrough. We knew more than the dealer

Oh good call, I did that too.  It was real helpful for questions before and after we bought ours.

Video or still pictures.

Try/test everything and don't back off if you think there is a problem with something.

Years ago our neighbors bought a 5'ver with a slide out.  They set it up in their yard getting ready for a move out of state, stowing items, etc.

Night before they left, the slide out was aptly named, it wouldn't slide in.

Took the dealer 2 days to get it repaired.

So anything electrical/mechanical push it, pull it, make it go in, out, up, down, numerous times.  Especially if you don't live around the corner from the dealership.

Be sure spend some time looking over the chalking and sealer on any exterior joints or trim. Also ensure things like the exterior door hooks, awning mounts ,etc are secure by giving them a slight tug. Stripped screws are fairly common on trailers and you don't want to see something falling off on the way home. I discovered this after the exterior door stop was close to falling off after the 120 mile drive home although it looked good at the dealer. I would also give extra scrutiny to any dealer installed items like battery boxes, LP tanks, etc. This is where we found the biggest installation quality issues on our trailer.

Oh and congratulations on hitting the final lap. I'm sure you will enjoy the new trailer greatly once you have it home.

Make them use YOUR power cord to test all the systems. Make them put some water in the tanks, and hook up to shore water. check the sinks, shower, and toilet. Make them spray a hose pretty thoroughly over the outside, then walk around inside and check for leaks. Make them put some propane in the tank and check all the gas systems. Check every light switch. If it opens and shuts, open and shut it. If it moves, move it. If something is supposed to fasten, fasten it and unfasten it. If it comes with TVs and an antenna, check the TVs to make sure they can scan for channels. If it has a CD player, bring a CD with you, also bring a DVD with you if there is a player, etc., etc. Don't let them rush you. Also, don't be afraid to leave it for additional time to fix anything.

If it were me, and I know we talked about this being a good deal 2 months ago- I would take the deposit back and find another dealer and camper. The 2016 ' s are all over the place already and you could get a smoking deal on a 2015 and unreal deals on 2014's. I don't even like camping world for small parts after reading all this bologna.

Thanks Fiends!  I'm taking notes!!

If it were me, and I know we talked about this being a good deal 2 months ago- I would take the deposit back and find another dealer and camper. The 2016 ' s are all over the place already and you could get a smoking deal on a 2015 and unreal deals on 2014's. I don't even like camping world for small parts after reading all this bologna.

Honestly... if I thought we could get the deposit back, I would do that.   I think it might be a fight as they are supplying what we asked for, in the time period we asked for it.